[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (Chapter 1 | released)

Post by Captain J »

My Wolfers for Wolfers pack has its separated sprites already, and there's more of them including some sprites used from ww_nazis of mine. Also i'm keep updating it as well.

Oh, also i'm about to work on the another enemy, Elite soldat chaingunner. You know, from Project Toten Eisen Ritter. if i have time to do. Even though it's actually not for Blade of Agony, but i just want to improve it.
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

Just finished the chapter 1. For me BoA is like a great mix of classic Wolf3D and RtCW. Really looking forward for the rest of the game! :D
Some comments with spoilers:
Spoiler:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Why does BJ start with a Luger?
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

I finished a while ago - a little shock that this ends in that way. I was hoping for another great level after that egiptian maze - to be honest I hate that last level in this chapter, it's standing out from the rest. But I love all that references to Indiana Jones like that invisible bridge to cave with Holy Grail and ride in mine trolley. Being inspired by this mod I watched recently "The Last Crusade". Big thanks for all this work. I remember that I have great moments playing "Operation Arctic Wolf" many years ago, but that was nothing compare to this mod. When you plan release the next chapter?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Captain J wrote:My Wolfers for Wolfers pack has its separated sprites already, and there's more of them including some sprites used from ww_nazis of mine. Also i'm keep updating it as well.

Oh, also i'm about to work on the another enemy, Elite soldat chaingunner. You know, from Project Toten Eisen Ritter. if i have time to do. Even though it's actually not for Blade of Agony, but i just want to improve it.
Well CJ, after taking a deep look inside your Wolfers for Wolfers mod we have noticed very good stuff indeed there, but for now we decided to keep our focus on enemies present on BoA... Also mutants will be only a thing for Episode 1, so in the end we don't really need too many variants of them.
NovaRain wrote: Too bad the silenced Sten MK2 doesn't act like how it is in RtCW (not to alert nearby enemies). Was hoping for some stealth/surprise attacks at the beginning of the dam.
This would turn the weapon more overpowered than it is now, but at least you have the knife + crouch as a way to sneak and kill enemies...
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Understood. Good luck with that!

...then mind if i fix some sprites again? Like supermutant; its arm cannons looks unnecessarily excessive while it fires 9mm shots, as seen it on editor. Or is it actually do the dangerous attack?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Captain J wrote:Understood. Good luck with that!

...then mind if i fix some sprites again? Like supermutant; its arm cannons looks unnecessarily excessive while it fires 9mm shots, as seen it on editor. Or is it actually do the dangerous attack?
Well DoomJedi built hires frames for them so adding some changes would be a pity :?
Anyway I have added your new MGTurret Soldiers, now provided even with colored brightmaps! Very good job CJ!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Not so soon, through. I know they need brightmap sprites too. So i'm about to work on them either if i can do it.

Anyway glad my sprite are helpful once again!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Captain J wrote:Not so soon, through. I know they need brightmap sprites too. So i'm about to work on them either if i can do it.

Anyway glad my sprite are helpful once again!
Uhm I said I did them "provided with brightmaps", so... 8-)

[EDIT]: Or do you mean bmaps for SuperMutants? Because we also have them though in the end... If you are willingly enough to go deep inside BoA sprite resources and you wanna do improvements for low-res sprites, I suggest to subscribe to Realm667 (if you didn't yet) and check this thread, so things will be more clear and easy to be tracked for us (specially for Torm though). :mrgreen:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

What i actually meant was i want to improve the supermutant's current sprite that has big arm cannons. Along with its brightmap if i actually can.

Anyway, i'll subscribe to Realm667 soon. I think i can donate more sprites and monsters for modding besides of BoA!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I ask again: why does BJ always start a mission with a Luger? Should he not be given a M1911 instead, like the one he gets to use for the shooting range?
drako

Post by drako »

I have not been here for a while. Great job guys. The release is even playable on my old laptop supporting only OpenGL 2.1.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Only managed to get through the Paris mission, but so far, no real big complaints, love the mod.
The scope was a bit odd though, so i added a modified version here.
Attachments
SCO1A0.png
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

ZikShadow wrote:Only managed to get through the Paris mission, but so far, no real big complaints, love the mod.
The scope was a bit odd though, so i added a modified version here.
This is a more realistic scope for the Kar98.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I just got through playing this and I...

I...

I...

:surprise:

Wow!

This is one of the most impressive mods ever. The immersion is complete. The mapping is to an incredibly high standard; to the point that I could almost believe it was in a more modern engine like Unreal or something. I had the chance to play some of the maps a while back before I fell off the radar and I thought they were great then. They've improved immeasurably since. The texturing, while predominantly sticking with low res, works perfectly, the dynamic lighting is absolutely spot on, the user interface, the briefings, the whole package, everything is to the highest quality. It feels almost like a commercial release; and one with a pretty decent budget at that. It's got so many nice little technical features that raise it above the norm too; from simple aircraft fly-bys to cunning puzzles and traps and the minecart - OMG the minecart!

The gameplay is tough and the maps are sprawling and occasionally confusing but their sense of purpose and mission driven narrative help to ensure that they never get excessively confusing.

As for the ending...
Spoiler:
An amazing project completed to the highest of standards so the highest of high fives to the team. Well done and thank you.

Image Image

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”