[TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
comet1337

Re: [TPS][WIP]BlackWarrior Alpha 0.16 Released

Post by comet1337 »

i'm pretty sure you can use sprint to run over any gap that vanilla doomguy can run across
vanilla doom levels were never intended to have jumping anyway
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

doomguy214 wrote:Man You need to Increase the Jump of Player
I am stuck at doom 1 eposide 4 level 2 impossible as i can not jump to other ledge
If you equipped Minigun or Hivemaker your jump height will decrease to 50%.

i don't know why do you want to Increase the Jump height. black warrior can jump higher than original doom player.

and don't forget there is a shop to upgrade your jump height
VICE

Post by VICE »

The production value on this thing is crazy, and the gameplay is really fun. That cyberdemon replacement is super rad! I also really like the skills (gun windmill ftw) and the various shops with the upgrades.

Couple of notes:
The camera is really problematic in tight corners, the player sprite usually blocks my view in those places and I have to rely on a sniper rifle for first person aim, or blindfire and hope I kill whatever's there.

The noises some of the mechanical enemies make can be really loud and intrusive and they can also betray their location if they're supposed to be hidden behind a wall.
Maybe make it so that these enemies only roam if they spotted the player.

When I pick up the green armor I seem to have some kind of force field protecting me from damage. I don't know if this effect is time based or has a damage threshold (I got the impression that it's the latter). It would be nice to have some kind of HUD indicator for this.

The hellknight-replacement sprites look really out of place when compared to the rest of the humanoid sprites (it's the white soldier with the backpack, the one that looks like a 3D model rip).

I really wish I could loot weapons other than the ones I have for ammo. If I use a double barrel I can't loot the red grunt's standard shotguns for example and It's a bit frustrating...

Other than that, freaking amazing mod. Can't wait to see what it's like when it's complete.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Megaherz wrote:The hellknight-replacement sprites look really out of place when compared to the rest of the humanoid sprites (it's the white soldier with the backpack, the one that looks like a 3D model rip).
FYI, Including other sprites, it's just a placeholder. So he's going to work on his own sprites when discharged. So I can't wait to see that happens!
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Coming here from the WIP Thread.

Third person shooters are the absolute BOMB, and this right here has me super damn hyped up just because of that.

You sir/ma'am, are now in my list of favorite modders.

EDIT: I read the READ ME, so I realize it may take some time before I get an answer from the mod author, but someone else may have an answer. When I load this up, the textures on literally everything start going insane. I'd post a video, but my computer (for one reason or another) can't handle recording software.
I'm sure this has something to do with this mods reliance on GZDoom 2.1.1, but then again, it won't load with GZDoom's latest devbuild.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Fun Fact: Green is actually Sir, and still working for service in bootcamp! When he discharges, the massive update awaits. I can feel it!
mutator

Post by mutator »

can you turn off the chasecam? I am not good with playing games with chasecam on
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Since this mod is all about Third Person Shooter, i think not. Only solution i can think is getting use to it.
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Megaherz wrote: When I pick up the green armor I seem to have some kind of force field protecting me from damage. I don't know if this effect is time based or has a damage threshold (I got the impression that it's the latter). It would be nice to have some kind of HUD indicator for this.

Added Hud indicator for AutoDefender

auto defender's max health and defend radius will be decided by equipped armor type.

Ballistic vest - 5000 radius 1.0
Heavy-ballistic vest -6000 radius 1.0
Light-armor -7000 radius 1.1
Heavy-armor -8000 radius 1.3
Titan-armor-9000 radius 1.5
Last edited by GreenLegacy on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now i'm seeing everything. Anyway i think it's really reinforced. Because, you equipped the green armor, right? Then how much reinforced the blue armor could be?
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Captain J wrote:Now i'm seeing everything. Anyway i think it's really reinforced. Because, you equipped the green armor, right? Then how much reinforced the blue armor could be?
Actually there is no blue armor in blackwarrior
There is Armor-Selector instead of Bluearmor
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I see. Then what kind of item will replace the blue armor then? the Armor-Selector you just mentioned?
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Captain J wrote:I see. Then what kind of item will replace the blue armor then? the Armor-Selector you just mentioned?
yep. armor-selector will replace the blue armor :d
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

redesigned game menu in 0.17

Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

That looks awesome! Would it be possible for you to change the back button on the top left to something more aesthetically fitting?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”