ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
MysticaL-AceR

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by MysticaL-AceR »

UnTrustable wrote:
MysticaL-AceR wrote:my own idea of something DC Comics related that i had was about Teen Titans...//.... :( But i had this stuck into my head for quite sometimes.
I share the same idea. :wub:
Although i can't promise you any DC related mod, but with what i have in mind is certainly super-hero related.

I am still thinking of what it should look like....
A co-op mod, where players can select 1 character and completing a map together.
If one fails to cooperate, then the entire mission COULD fail.... so i need some thinking to prevent such things, and yet, the idea is that you all have to work together, cause a fire flying type character cannot pass a pool of water.... or something like that.
I could also make it single play compatible so you can SWITCH between all available characters.

But at the time i start making it... it will probably already passed a few years.
It sounds already pretty neat! Although i would stick to each character should have its own episode storyline of maps via Doom1 style until the final stroke they would work together (Thats for singleplay) While in multiplayer coop it shouldn't be a problem if one fails, the other one can continue it. Man you can just only imagine but it'll take ages to take action :/
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Senpai da Shitty: The part where gamester wins, a doom mod.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

A cute TC for Doom similar to SplatterHouse: Wanpaku Graffiti.

cambertian
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cambertian »

Instead of the same old HD mod, how about a low-res mod?
Shrink as much as possible while maintaining some sense of clarity - that sort of thing...
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

OW THE 3DGE
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

cambertian wrote:Instead of the same old HD mod, how about a low-res mod?
Shrink as much as possible while maintaining some sense of clarity - that sort of thing...
Like this?
Attachments
LowResImp.png
LowResImp.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
cambertian

Post by cambertian »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:
Like this?
Exactly like that!
Though now I'm getting the feeling that we'd have to do Wolfenstein 3D first out of principle... Maybe make the dreaded original draft with EGA graphics :twisted:
Big C

Post by Big C »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:
Like this?
Teleglitch: DooM More Edition. :P
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Big C wrote:
Carbine Dioxide wrote:
Like this?
Teleglitch: DooM More Edition. :P
Lol.

How about a silly map with graphics from megaman mixed with some random vanilla and realm667 textures about it. IDK how to make retextured enemies, but maybe there can be both 8 bit and 16 bit enemies.

Unless, of course, it's yet another map for fucking DUMP.
cambertian

Post by cambertian »

Here's two quick ones:
  • A statusbar mod that displays a jovial Doomguy when around/above ~150 health.
  • A mod where Doomguy is a chef and has to kill certain enemies in a certain order to please his customers.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

So, uh... How well would Alien Isolation translate into (G)ZDoom?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I bet there have been lots of ideas about porting DOOM over to the old Doom Engine... but wouldn't it be nice if there were some ideas for more accurately recreating gameplay even further? I mean, sure... D4D and ZION have done phenomenal jobs bringing newschool DOOM into oldschool Doom... but I feel more steps can be taken.

I do have some coding ideas for accessing menus from Field Drones, as D4D showed me it's possible to access and interact with a custom in-game menu...

As for the Rune Trials, all maps involved could actually use the hub structure.

With a smorgasbord of Damage/Death Types, the possibility of creating Weapon Mastery Challenges isn't too far-fetched.

And finally... a menu that can incorporate menus for equipping runes, purchasing passive abilities for the Praetor Suit, and obtaining upgrades for your weapon mods/improvements... it's most definitely possible.

I have ideas on how to do all of this... :D
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

An SSG mod that replicates the feeling of this.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I'd really like to make a Rainbow Six weapons mod based on RS3 : Raven Shield. I have all the weapons' stats and have already made a handful of guns, but I would need assets - sounds and graphics - to really flesh it out. I have a list of about 53 weapons I would happily implement/animate in DECORATE. Ideally, I'd replace monsters with terrorists, powerups with hostages and bombs - not exactly Terrorists! type stuff, think a lot less like Die Hard and lot more like Tom Clancy.

I could even add my Sneaky Doom AI to the terrorists and have suppressed weapon loadouts. Smoke grenades, flashbangs, and frag grenades would also be a must. Ooh, what if I figured out some way to make an optional AI squad that followed the player? Allow the player to give them simple movement commands by aiming and pressing a key.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Vaecrius wrote:An SSG mod that replicates the feeling of this.
DUDE, THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

I COULD CRY.

But for the sake of Doom... what would really be the point?

Return to “General”