ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

That sounds very annoying, I wouldn't want to re download ZDoom just because I made a mistake of dying in the engine itself.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

lil'devil wrote:Ok, so i just got a very cool idea for a mod that i'd call Permadeath Doom. The idea is simple: if you die, ZDoom deletes itself (along with the IWAD).
Does anyone know how to do it?
I have an idea for a mod called fresh-air Doom. When you die, you turn off your computer and go outside for fresh air.

Accomplishes the same thing, but a lot more positively.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

BFG wrote:so I had this strange Doom dream, I ran out of ammo and was cornered, and I picked up some of the background decorations, such as the candle stick, a barrel and even unearthing a stalagmite and use them as weapons. And it gave me an idea, what if EVERY object in Doom was intractable? like if you are near it, it gives you an option to pick it up to hit monsters with or throw at them, of course the item would get damaged and unusable after a few times. Or you can just toss it around for the fun of it like in Serious Sam 2. Come to think of it, I believe a EDuke 3D mod did something similar with picking up objects. I think it would be a lot of fun. Heavier objects would make you move slower when carrying them such as the green/red columns. It's like in real life if you were in one of those doom maps and didn't have a weapon, you'd just grab something heavy and toss it at a monster or perhaps smack them with a torch pole. :D
That is indeed an excelent idea.
The same idea i once had back in 2007, to make the candela or what is the name for it? a weapon.
Due to certain reasons on the Skulltag forums, i stopped. But i can dig the candelbra thingy up.
Somewhere i must still have it... probably inside a wad called wadmix...
MysticaL-AceR

Post by MysticaL-AceR »

Well if Batman Doom mod already exists out there, my own idea of something DC Comics related that i had was about Teen Titans. From maps to characters and villians! Unfortunally i can't know to begin with since i never modded ever for Doom. :( But i had this stuck into my head for quite sometime.
And i could've just imagine a Titan's Tower builded in Doom engine just like how people created it for Minecraft. (But i bet this mod idea would be overall for GZDoom)
The maps should be obviously based in Jump City such as Slade's Lair , Killer Moth's basement , dizzy location of Mad Mod etc you get the idea x3
And each Titan character should have its own power abilities or weapon ussage (Booyah with the Sonic Cannon for Cyborg! :D) As for monsters well:
Cyberdemon- Trigon
Spidermastermind - Fang
Mancubus - Control Freak
Archvile - Slade
Zombie guys - Billy Numerous
... and so on.
Thats all i can think of so far. ^^; The gameplay would however be extremely modified so its not just a skinny mod to replace everything.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:my concepts for my mod sodoom

replacements

Zombieman -- Scientist pistol, terror pistol, thug, rouge engineer
shotgunguy -- Gunman shotgun, terrorcell shotgunner, scientist shotgun, etc
Pinky -- dogs, attackers with melee
lost soul -- Bird, bat, drones (ones from phantasm movie)

chaingun -- M16
pistol -- HKvp70 (or matilda)
shotgun -- spas12
ssg -- striker
plasma rifle -- flamen-werfer (german for flamegun)
for the BFG-tier in Sodoom, i think maybe the M60 or the Minigun and the rocket launcher is probably the RPG-7
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

lil'devil wrote:Ok, so i just got a very cool idea for a mod that i'd call Permadeath Doom. The idea is simple: if you die, ZDoom deletes itself (along with the IWAD).
1) HELL.
2) NAW.
3) HELL NAW. XD

Sounds very, very hacky, if you ask me. Even if we knew how, I highly doubt anyone's gonna tell you, because that would be way beyond frustrating.
cambertian
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cambertian »

Even better idea: a version of ZDoom that takes blood from you every time you get hit.
I call it "Vampire Doom" :twisted:
BFG

Post by BFG »

I had this dream that the Strife world was actually Earth in an extremely distant future. Like after 300 commits have hit the planet since, and the human race has started over building civilizations again and again. After the Order arrive, the Front find where Duke Nukem was buried, as there is documents about how he saved the world numerous times, they use new technology to revive him as half cyborg, and even regenerate some of his flesh. Then Duke of course is the main hero of the story. He's especially pissed off at the fact his woman are being taken.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Duke time travels in one of the games iirc. You could just use time travel to get duke there.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I remember Xenoxols briefly toyed with a Duke/Strife crossover. Not much room for bikini babes and bubblegum in Strife's grimdark universe though, as was discussed. Feasible though.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I brought this up briefly in the Guncaster thread, when typing up a reply.

What if some dragons possessed "breaths"... basically, abilities (usually offensive) which usually are released from their mouths (hence the name "breath", though not all such "breaths" are simply mouth-launched attacks)... and there was a player character who had the ability to utilize the different "breaths" of said dragons...
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

MysticaL-AceR wrote:my own idea of something DC Comics related that i had was about Teen Titans...//.... :( But i had this stuck into my head for quite sometimes.
I share the same idea. :wub:
Although i can't promise you any DC related mod, but with what i have in mind is certainly super-hero related.

I am still thinking of what it should look like....
A co-op mod, where players can select 1 character and completing a map together.
If one fails to cooperate, then the entire mission COULD fail.... so i need some thinking to prevent such things, and yet, the idea is that you all have to work together, cause a fire flying type character cannot pass a pool of water.... or something like that.
I could also make it single play compatible so you can SWITCH between all available characters.

But at the time i start making it... it will probably already passed a few years.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Arctangent wrote:Image
Is that an Elder Scrolls thing, being able to manipulate multiple kinds of dragon breath?
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

It's basically summing up the whole mechanic of 'shouts'. Vocal components creating magical effects, that can be combined to form short sentences. The player character (and one other maybe ;) ) can utilise this to "speak" different attacks. As they so eloquently put it, two dragons fighting is actually just an extremely violent conversation.

Return to “General”