Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by wildweasel »

The log you've posted is complaining a lot about INVENTORY.TRANSFER - are you sure you're running the right version of GZDoom? If I remember correctly, you will need 2.2.0 or later.
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

I did a playthrough of my pack with my husband, found only some light bugs! And it was pretty satisfying, IMO (although I may be biased) Has anyone tried it?

I am working on a version 2. I added some spawners in levels that needed more of them (particularly Unnature, which was too damn easy). I also created custom spawners to replace the standard boss eyes; all of the RPG/RLA monsters now spawn as well as ample vanilla monsters. Working on balancing them out, and have made good ground with that. Should be ready with a few days tops (not that anyone has admitted to have even played my pack yet)! :P
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

wildweasel wrote:The log you've posted is complaining a lot about INVENTORY.TRANSFER - are you sure you're running the right version of GZDoom? If I remember correctly, you will need 2.2.0 or later.
Ok, I'm confused, does the current Github master version of DoomRPG work with GZDoom 2.2.0, or not? I thought it had to be specific versions that was posted a few pages ago.

I have a clean separate install of 2.2.0, and whenever I run "DoomRPG-RLArsenal", I get this error:
Spoiler:
Load order is RLArsenal, RLMonsters, DoomRPG, DoomRPG-Brightmaps

Running DOOMRPG without RLArsenal works fine, but regardless of the order if I put that file in I get that error. Even running just that file, I get the same thing.

If it requires running any of the new files, like WadSmoosh and LegenDoom, I wouldn't know, as I can't find any info of what these new files do anywhere on the Github. I also noticed RLArsenal-HUD seems to be missing as well.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Xanirus wrote:Ok, I'm confused, does the current Github master version of DoomRPG work with GZDoom 2.2.0, or not?
The problem is not the version of GZDoom, the current master does not work with DRLA. Go back through the last pages and get the version that does still work with it.
doomguy214

ADVICE REGARDING MAXIMUM HEALTH

Post by doomguy214 »

i have advice regarding maximum health can be set above 100 so i can run with mods like custom doom
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ADVICE REGARDING MAXIMUM HEALTH

Post by wildweasel »

doomguy214 wrote:i have advice regarding maximum health can be set above 100 so i can run with mods like custom doom
DoomRPG already has mechanisms for increasing maximum health through stats. If you're not getting enough health, put your skill points into that.
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

Playing on SVN version g2.3pre-196-gc3ed58 and the latest version of DRPG Yholl posted that still works with the current DRLA, I noticed that some starting options in Doom RPG Options don't seem to work at all. Examples of this include augmentation settings and bonuses (gambling chips and UAC shop cards).
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Soul Sucka wrote:Playing on SVN version g2.3pre-196-gc3ed58 and the latest version of DRPG Yholl posted that still works with the current DRLA, I noticed that some starting options in Doom RPG Options don't seem to work at all. Examples of this include augmentation settings and bonuses (gambling chips and UAC shop cards).
At least you're getting it to run. I'm running that version, the 2.2.0 version I mentioned earlier, and the very latest version, all with the posted version of DRPG that still works with DRLA, still getting the same error as above.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Xanirus wrote:At least you're getting it to run. I'm running that version, the 2.2.0 version I mentioned earlier, and the very latest version, all with the posted version of DRPG that still works with DRLA, still getting the same error as above.
I looked at it again, missed it the first time because I'm so used to people having issues with the DRPG version.

You aren't loading DRLA at all
You are only loading the compatibility patches, hence the explosion.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Yholl wrote:
Xanirus wrote:At least you're getting it to run. I'm running that version, the 2.2.0 version I mentioned earlier, and the very latest version, all with the posted version of DRPG that still works with DRLA, still getting the same error as above.
I looked at it again, missed it the first time because I'm so used to people having issues with the DRPG version.

You aren't loading DRLA at all
You are only loading the compatibility patches, hence the explosion.
Holy crap, noticed the nearly 250 MB difference with the versions of DRPG I ran in the past. No wonder the HUD file isn't there anymore. Been a while since I checked out DRPG. Thanks.

EDIT: Random event for map: I start seeing flashing colors and a drum beat stars playing to the intro of a very familar meme. Oh no......
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLWyiz7Y7uk

Here's a video of yours truly playing through all fifteen maps solo (monster spawn balance is almost where I want it)!
Keep in mind that it's designed for 2-4 players, and that difficulty can of course be adjusted up or down.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

zerosignal983 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLWyiz7Y7uk

Here's a video of yours truly playing through all fifteen maps solo (monster spawn balance is almost where I want it)!
Keep in mind that it's designed for 2-4 players, and that difficulty can of course be adjusted up or down.
Which are the other mods you're using in the video? Where can I find them? Or are they part of the package you're working on right now?
zerosignal983

Post by zerosignal983 »

Frozenwolf150 wrote:
zerosignal983 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLWyiz7Y7uk

Which are the other mods you're using in the video? Where can I find them? Or are they part of the package you're working on right now?
Go back a page or two (page 216 I think), I whipped up an easy guide to set it up as shown. Let me know if you run into any trouble/need help!

Thanks for your contributions to the RPG+RLA wiki, by the way. I have been terrible with spending time making edits and additions, which is silly because I was the one who started it up. :?

Here's version 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XH_q ... tOQ1U/view
A few misc changes here and there (mostly style, but added a few more spawn locations in a few maps) added RLA monsters to the cube spawn.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

zerosignal983 wrote:Go back a page or two (page 216 I think), I whipped up an easy guide to set it up as shown. Let me know if you run into any trouble/need help!
Just tested it, using the older build of DRPG that Yholl linked to.

Edit: I started a new game with the setup you recommended, and I found that if you use the Doom 64 Stuff mod, it prevents you from selecting your class in DRLA. So I guess I'll play without the former.
zerosignal983 wrote:Thanks for your contributions to the RPG+RLA wiki, by the way. I have been terrible with spending time making edits and additions, which is silly because I was the one who started it up. :?
I didn't do much, just a couple of small edits, and added the raw text for the assemblies page. I had no clue how to format it into a table on this particular wikia software, so it would still look like a mess if Palladinium hadn't come along and fixed it. I suppose there will be more incentive to add the rest of the missing articles once the new version of DRLA comes out, seeing as how many of them will have to be updated anyway.
ZINIXOR

Post by ZINIXOR »

I loaded Up DoomRPG with Doomrl Arsenal the wad and the option then i did the same thing with the monsters
and this happened

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”