D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Edward-san

Re: D4D - Another patch? v2.0.2 bugfix! (11/02/16)

Post by Edward-san »

Somehow I thought there were more bugs on the zdoom side :?
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

There are still. The morph bug for example is unaddressed.

Admittedly I should've clarified that on my last post.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ledge-catching is kind of off... I can only seem to grab ledges that are about mid-height, as opposed to being able to catch ledges at about eye-level.
DBThanatos

Re: D4D - You kidding? v2.0.3 bugfix! (11/03/16)

Post by DBThanatos »

Thanks modDB, for messing up my upload.

In about 10 mins from now, you can download the new version

Code: Select all

V2.0.3 (11/03/16)
- Fixed Shotgunguy & Chaingunguy not dropping their weapons.
- Fixed ammo bar not reflecting the Carrion Cannon's ammo changes.
- Fixed some Carrion Cannon minor issues.
- Added warning for the demon runes.
- Added option to display demon HUD names when morphed.
- Improved chainsaw ammo meter (thanks Nightquaker!).
EDIT: Its up!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/d4d-doom4-for ... ds/d4d-v20
Slevins wrote:Okay, now I'm really confused. So zombie shotgunners don't drop shotguns?
That was our bad. A bug introduced by an oversight in v2.0.2. Fixed in 2.0.3. Sorry about that

NullWire wrote:Why the Lightning gun, Gauss and static rifle punch decals stills?
DBThanatos wrote:@Megaherz: Yeah, this is an issue that has been bothering me, however, i've looked into it and the only solutions are extremely hacky. Here's the problem: Gzdoom cannot for some reason, draw decals defined on the puffs if said puffs are spawned by A_RailAttack, so we had to assign the decal to the weapon itself, that's why the punch does that. I've tried setting up a dummy A_FireBullets to only leave the decal, but it's misaligned because apparently, there's a height difference. I tried setting up a custom decal that has different offsets so that it matches, but then in software mode it doesnt match, and i'd have to set up a whole bunch of extra checks to distinguish between hardware and software render, depending on that is what kind of function it would call, etc. A lot of stuff. So, we decided to leave it as is, until we find a better solution
Gez

Post by Gez »

DBThanatos wrote:Here's the problem: Gzdoom cannot for some reason, draw decals defined on the puffs if said puffs are spawned by A_RailAttack
1. You say GZDoom. Does ZDoom work there?
2. Where's the bug report?
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

DBThanatos wrote:Thanks modDB, for messing up my upload.

In about 10 mins from now, you can download the new version

Code: Select all

V2.0.3 (11/03/16)
- Fixed Shotgunguy & Chaingunguy not dropping their weapons.
- Fixed ammo bar not reflecting the Carrion Cannon's ammo changes.
- Fixed some Carrion Cannon minor issues.
- Added warning for the demon runes.
- Added option to display demon HUD names when morphed.
- Improved chainsaw ammo meter (thanks Nightquaker!).
EDIT: Its up!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/d4d-doom4-for ... ds/d4d-v20
Slevins wrote:Okay, now I'm really confused. So zombie shotgunners don't drop shotguns?
That was our bad. A bug introduced by an oversight in v2.0.2. Fixed in 2.0.3. Sorry about that

NullWire wrote:Why the Lightning gun, Gauss and static rifle punch decals stills?
DBThanatos wrote:@Megaherz: Yeah, this is an issue that has been bothering me, however, i've looked into it and the only solutions are extremely hacky. Here's the problem: Gzdoom cannot for some reason, draw decals defined on the puffs if said puffs are spawned by A_RailAttack, so we had to assign the decal to the weapon itself, that's why the punch does that. I've tried setting up a dummy A_FireBullets to only leave the decal, but it's misaligned because apparently, there's a height difference. I tried setting up a custom decal that has different offsets so that it matches, but then in software mode it doesnt match, and i'd have to set up a whole bunch of extra checks to distinguish between hardware and software render, depending on that is what kind of function it would call, etc. A lot of stuff. So, we decided to leave it as is, until we find a better solution

still having this punch decals(im using stable 2.2.0)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that issue was addressed as something that can't be fixed ATM.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Was it brought up to your attention that the Cacodemon still produces a few red blood splats when it explodes?
Slevins

Post by Slevins »

Weapon drops seem to be working properly again. Thanks for the quick turnaround!
VICE

Post by VICE »

V2.0.3:
Using Altfire while morphed into a Pain Elemental will act as if you pressed the mod key (cancel your morph).
I was hoping to do a bite attack like the Cacodemon's, ended up holding a shotgun and falling into a lava pit. :P

Nice touch with the "PSA" message though.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Megaherz wrote:V2.0.3:
Using Altfire while morphed into a Pain Elemental will act as if you pressed the mod key (cancel your morph).
I was hoping to do a bite attack like the Cacodemon's, ended up holding a shotgun and falling into a lava pit. :P

Actually, the Pain Elemental's secondary attack is a self-destruct :P I did it against a bunch of imps and they all quickly became a good supply of Carrion ;)
mutator

Post by mutator »

I got carrion rifle at map6
Cen Silver

Post by Cen Silver »

Okay, 3 more questions:

1- Are you guys planning|willing to enable whatever "special mod" the chaingun requires to use the "X" button to activate with IDKFA? (And similar cheats, naturally)

2 - Also, what about the "fastweapons" cheat? Do you plan on eventually making it work with this mod? Or nah?

3 - Any chance we could get a button to switch between Double and Single SSG after the Double Trouble mod is adquired? Sometimes wielding a single SSG just feels better...
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

mutator wrote:I got carrion rifle at map6
Did you set the MP Weapons spawn rate at "Random" instead of "Progressive"?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Was it brought up to your attention that the Cacodemon still produces a few red blood splats when it explodes?

That's intentional. All colored blood monsters also have some red stuff going on them
Megaherz wrote:V2.0.3:

As mamaluigisbagel mentioned, this is indeed a selt destruct attack. Has a fairly big reach and deals massive damage. It's capable of killing barons near you. Should be used when you're about to time out, or to position yourself strategically to deal a lot of damage.

And yes, PSA was needed. I keep getting reports about it even though i have said everywhere i could, to not save while demon
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
mutator wrote:I got carrion rifle at map6
Did you set the MP Weapons spawn rate at "Random" instead of "Progressive"?
CC is unaffected by this setting.
Cen Silver wrote:Okay, 3 more questions:

1- Are you guys planning|willing to enable whatever "special mod" the chaingun requires to use the "X" button to activate with IDKFA? (And similar cheats, naturally)

2 - Also, what about the "fastweapons" cheat? Do you plan on eventually making it work with this mod? Or nah?

3 - Any chance we could get a button to switch between Double and Single SSG after the Double Trouble mod is adquired? Sometimes wielding a single SSG just feels better...
1. Not really, as its more on the "Easter egg" side of things, as well as other *yet to be found* stuff we added there.

2. Not sure about that cheat, but if it works like the powerup, all weapon are set up to benefit from it.

3. Not really. It's up to the user to figure out if he wants to acquire the upgrade at all.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”