Jimmyfonts!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Silentdarkness12

Re: Jimmyfonts!

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Admittedly, I would like an answer to this myself. I was unable to get Spidey's ZDoom Font Generator to work either.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

DBIGFONT is not a simple image file, it is a collection of images with some extra information. SLADE 3 stitches it together for previewing purposes, but the engine doesn't see it as one image. You would need to use ImageTool to make a proper font lump. (ED: if by "imageready" you mean ImageTool, it needs to be run from the command prompt)

FONTDEFS as mentioned is probably your best bet if you don't want to deal with paletted fonts and ImageTool. I like the template option in particular
Zan

Post by Zan »

InsanityBringer wrote:DBIGFONT is not a simple image file, it is a collection of images with some extra information. SLADE 3 stitches it together for previewing purposes, but the engine doesn't see it as one image. You would need to use ImageTool to make a proper font lump. (ED: if by "imageready" you mean ImageTool, it needs to be run from the command prompt)

FONTDEFS as mentioned is probably your best bet if you don't want to deal with paletted fonts and ImageTool. I like the template option in particular
Yeah, sorry, I meant Image Tool (been working with a lot of "image + something" named software). The command prompt doesn't stay open, it flashes up and then closes right away.

Anyway, guess I'll just drop this here, if anyone can do anything with it, then feel free to upload it in the main post and I'll just let everyone use it free of copyright or anything.

Big .PNG file with all the font symbols: http://postimg.org/image/5gjsv1brd/ (don't forget to click with zoom, or you'll see it blurry)
.zip archive with each symbol saved as a separate .PNG file (not sure if I named them correctly, although the ASCII numbers should be 100% right; if it even matters at all): https://we.tl/yZHOD2reah
Last edited by Zan on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Zan wrote:The command prompt doesn't stay open, it flashes up and then closes right away.
Yes, this is the case with basically all command-line applications when they are not run from the command line. You need to give it parameters on the command line, it's not something that you run first and parameterize from the inside. See [wiki]ImageTool[/wiki] for documentation.
Antilie

Post by Antilie »

I am looking to use the ID font in paint, do you happen to have it in a .ttf file?
Or does anybody know somewhere where i could download it in a .ttf file?
Gez

Post by Gez »

ttf is a complex vector format; it's utterly different from bitmap fonts like those from this thread. You will not find any ttf version of any of the fonts from this thread.

Your best bet is to search the web for a doom font. You'll find stuff like this with a minimum amount of effort.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Is there a way for me to be able to convert .ttf and .otf files to anything that can be read by GZDoom? I've tried using ImageTool, but it keeps saying that they're not 256-color. I've tried Spidey's Font Generator, and was able to install the fonts to my computer (simply by finding where all my fonts were kept and just pasting the files there), but it keeps saying that there's an error saving.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Jimmy wrote:Status Report

An extension of the font found on Doom's status bar.

Status Report: This comes with five variants including: the main one (pictured), with lower-case glyphs, red with lower-case glyphs, and two variants of the font used for the ammo counter text on the status bar, one without lower-case glyphs, one without.

Status Report Big: Comes in grey, red, blue, and green, plus shadowed variants of each, plus variants with lowercase letters. 16 variants total.

Download Status Report font
Download Status Report Big font

Loving these alternative fonts a lot! Using both of them actually in GZDoom's autoload... :wub:

(It's a pity that some classic big red menu letters are keeping showing up, though...) :|
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Lukewarm off the presses, these two were made for the recently-released Mayhem 1600 megawad.

Both come in gold and orange variants.

Download Solid Snake Small font
Download Solid Snake Big font
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Could you make fonts for Supermolot-Light and Michroma, please? These are fonts used in DOOM.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

That'd be a logical addition to my OP, might give it a shot.

Those fonts are pretty lightweight though so doing standard resolution (8-16px in height) fonts with such thin characters could be difficult.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alright, sweet. :D

I've been trying for the longest time to use those as fonts. I'm just not able to do it myself, because of trouble with ImageTool.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Hey Jimmy, i've sent you a pm regarding your cool fonts, i'd need some fonts for Gs2 and i struggle at making this stuff, maybe you can help me out :)
Eric T.
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Eric T. »

Jimmy, How do i choose a font variant? Ex: DBigFont and Status Report
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

The variations are all included in the pk3 you download. Just choose the one you want and copy it over to your own WAD.

Admittedly discerning which variants have which characteristics might be obtuse since I try to squash the fonts' lumpnames down to 8 characters long, in case anyone wants to use them in a WAD. If I need to be clearer on which variants are which, let me know.

Return to “Resources”