ZDL launched multiplayer game is UNJOINABLE

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Goldenflare5643

ZDL launched multiplayer game is UNJOINABLE

Post by Goldenflare5643 »

Title says it all, it just sits there for whoever is trying to connect and says, "Contacting host...".

Help...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ZDL launched multiplayer game is UNJOINABLE

Post by wildweasel »

Any number of things could be the problem, but if your network connection isn't letting you see Doomseeker servers either, then there's probably not much we can do to help.

A while ago, my brother and I bypassed a similar problem by installing and using Evolve, but if you do not have permission to install things on a computer, then you're out of luck there as well.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

More information is required on the subject. Are the right ports open? Are you in a LAN? Are you even using a router?
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Lud wrote:More information is required on the subject. Are the right ports open? Are you in a LAN? Are you even using a router?
The issue was that he was doing this in a library, which had a restrictive access policy.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Hmm, I remember I used to have a lot of problems playing LAN games at school while the firewall was up and running. I also had to launch the respective program as administrator, else things just didn't work out. Accounts there were limited/standard, too.
Goldenflare5643

Yes, ports are open, yes im using lan, everything is configured just right... but I think that Evolve thin might work, the library I was using was the school library, so I cant install things such as Evolve there, BUT, at my city library, they allow you to install things. So what im going to do is install all the files onto my flash drive (Thats how I play it everywhere) then try to host a game, ill see what happens...

[EDIT] Which one do I get? I want it to be compatible with most computers...
Evolve 1.0 or Evolve 2.0?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I'd avoid installing such software on public computers. Just doesn't seem right, especially a library. It's like...missing the whole point of a library. The Firewall might be your issue here.

I'd go to an internet cafe or something.
Goldenflare5643

But I cant go to an internet cafe, im only a teen...
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

What kind of country do you live in where people actually follow that rule? Internet cafes here are for teens. <18 years of age. Ain't nobody got time as an adult to play games!
Goldenflare5643

Lud wrote:What kind of country do you live in where people actually follow that rule? Internet cafes here are for teens. <18 years of age. Ain't nobody got time as an adult to play games!
America , as in I don't have any places to go...
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

Lud wrote:Hmm, I remember I used to have a lot of problems playing LAN games at school while the firewall was up and running. I also had to launch the respective program as administrator, else things just didn't work out. Accounts there were limited/standard, too.
When I was in high school LAN worked fine, but Internet/Online multiplayer only worked for the educational game DimensionM.
It's been quite a few years since I graduated from that school, so I don't know if they did anything to stop lan gaming.

Return to “Networking”