Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dynamo

Re: Samsara - 0.355 - ACS: I Don't Know What "HoloDuke" Is

Post by Dynamo »

not sure if this has been pointed out before, but it appears that samsara_pistolammo is broken with the duke pistol, at least when using dukekit.pk3. just figured I'd point that out
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Dynamo wrote:not sure if this has been pointed out before, but it appears that samsara_pistolammo is broken with the duke pistol, at least when using dukekit.pk3. just figured I'd point that out
Thanks for the report, I can replicate the issue and I'll look further.

I don't know what the hell dukekit.pk3 is, though, and reporting bugs that happen with third-party mods doesn't help me. I can't control what mods do to Samsara. I can barely control what Samsara does to itself!

EDIT: what the unholy fuck is this duke pistol code doing
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Dynamo wrote:not sure if this has been pointed out before, but it appears that samsara_pistolammo is broken with the duke pistol, at least when using dukekit.pk3. just figured I'd point that out
Excuse me, but what exactly is dukekit.pk3?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I just want to tell that the Gauntlets of the Necromancer wouldn't come up if you're going spectral in Strife until you turn off the item.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

DukeKit.pk3 is a small addition mod that adds the shrinker/expander to duke nukem, as well as the holoduke (but you added that yourself now). I haven't looked at the code so I don't know if it changes anything else, but I don't think it does. It was posted by BlackFish in this very thread a couple pages back.

another thing I would like to note is that it seems you can no longer fire and use the mighty boot at the same time. I recall you were able to do so in 0.31, and it is possible to do so in duke3d. to be honest this makes the mighty kick somewhat useless.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

If you thought the pistol was a mess, imagine that trying to add MIGHTY BOOT to that code would have looked like before we could put alternative frames behind the weapon. Having it "work" back in the day was not a simple task though it should be much easier to do now in ZDoom.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Dynamo wrote:another thing I would like to note is that it seems you can no longer fire and use the mighty boot at the same time. I recall you were able to do so in 0.31, and it is possible to do so in duke3d. to be honest this makes the mighty kick somewhat useless.
Works for me here.
ijon

Post by ijon »

DoomRater wrote:If you thought the pistol was a mess, imagine that trying to add MIGHTY BOOT to that code would have looked like before we could put alternative frames behind the weapon. Having it "work" back in the day was not a simple task though it should be much easier to do now in ZDoom.
that's exactly what scroton did, at zdoom 2.3.1 compatibility

why do you think it's such a mess

edit: future revelations have discovered that the code might've just been made in a drug-fueled haze
Kinsie

Re: Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Post by Kinsie »

Hello! It's been a while, hasn't it? Samsara v0.3666 is now available.

This update adds some polish here and there, as well as fixing some bugs from the previous versions that, honestly, I should have fixed earlier. And probably would have, if anybody still played this online instead of Brutal Complex Whodunnit or whatever.

YOUR CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
As always, feel free to post bug reports and suggestions!
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Postal Dude in Samsara when
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Can we expect Jon St. John's re-recorded lines from World Tour in a future release?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Zhs2 wrote:Postal Dude in Samsara when
Zandronum doesn't handle pee particles so good.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Can we expect Jon St. John's re-recorded lines from World Tour in a future release?
I added the re-recorded "Cool" as a seperate line (with some slight editing so it's shorter). I don't see myself adding any more.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Kinsie wrote:
Zhs2 wrote:Postal Dude in Samsara when
Zandronum doesn't handle pee particles so good.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Can we expect Jon St. John's re-recorded lines from World Tour in a future release?
I added the re-recorded "Cool" as a seperate line (with some slight editing so it's shorter). I don't see myself adding any more.
That's fine, you can omit the pee.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Kinsie wrote:I added the re-recorded "Cool" as a seperate line (with some slight editing so it's shorter). I don't see myself adding any more.
Not even to replace the low-quality clips? This way, you will not have to deliberately downgrade the audio quality of those from DNF and other sources.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I like the classic Duke lines, guys.

Some people think that the 20th world-tour-versary Duke talk lines are a bit cringy. Doesn't quite stack up.

If you do add the rest, i'd much rather get a seperate addon or CVAR for that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”