What always irked me was how not only did they replace the Nazis with low-skill zombiemen, but they also completely broke the smurfs' graphic lumps, making custom maps unplayable because Nazis are invisible yet present. Make IDKFA Wolfenstein Again (miwa.wad) seeks to fix that. For original Doom IWAD users, there's Nazi Lives Matter (nlm.wad).
- Restores modified/censored sprites of the blue smurfs.
- Includes the Nazi textures. This is important for playability and sprucing up Wolfenstein maps.
- DEHACKED usage for restoring automap names.
- Original image lumps of the map names have been included.
- Modified MAP31 and MAP32 have been included to replace zombiemen back with Nazis along with its respective music.
- An optional file named 'meds.wad' to replace the new medikits with their original counterparts for both Doom BFG IWADs.
- TITLEPIC to fix an annoying black screen in outdated sourceports.
DEHACKED is built into all of the .wad files. This means you only have to load the .wad you want without needing the .deh corresponding to each file. Chocolate Doom doesn't load DEHACKED built into the .wad files by default, but you can simply do -dehlump and the name of the .wad to force it to load the built-in DEHACKED!
1.0 Using MEDIKIT graphics
med_pills.wad replaces the first aid items with the BFG-Edition pills logo. med_cross.wad contains the original red cross logo.
If you're loading them with DOS, in either case, use meds.deh as the DEHACKED works for both.
2.1 UNCENSORING BFG DOOM 2
Load miwa.wad (and miwa.deh for DOS), and also load meds_cross.wad (and meds.deh for DOS).
2.2 CENSORING OG DOOM 2
Load nlm.wad (and nlm.deh for DOS), and also load meds_pills.wad (and meds.deh for DOS).
KNOWN COMPATIBLE SOURCEPORTS
- Chocolate Doom (Make sure you also use -dehlump with the .wad you want!)
- PrBoom+ (SORT OF. Loads textures, music and lumps, but the Zombiemen aren't properly replaced with Nazis)
- Bethesda - For kneeling to modern censorship, responsible for the creation of this
- ID Software - Graphics, Music, Maps
- UndeadRyker - Porting (AKA Copy & Pasting), DEHACKED
View it on GitLab.
THE PRECEDENCE OF THIS EXISTING
This project is similar with methods used in the Doom Sprite Fixing Project. The Doom Sprite Fixing project is acceptable to everyone for all the right reasons- even if it includes images with modified offsets for maximum compatibility for Vanilla Doom.