Cool mods people might have missed.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Mere_Duke

Re: Cool mods people might have missed.

Post by Mere_Duke »

I want to mention "Blood Prequel" mod; I've played it a year ago and found it amazing! It was unfinished at that moment, despite that it was very cool: lots of details, interactive environment (light switches, notes, other objects that you can "investigate"), detailed storyline. It was possible to travel between levels freely to complete tasks, like in the Elder Scrolls series. You can preview this mod (youtube video) but I can't find the link to download.

By the way, maybe someone know if this mod has ever been finished? And what is the state now, abandoned forever?..

I want also to ask for the similar mods (in the style of "Blood"). I know about "Caleb vs Nazis" and the other mod, I forgot the name, where you start at the countryside, then proceed to the town, possessed by demons & cultists. Maybe there are more wads that I have missed?
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Mere_Duke wrote:but I can't find the link to download.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=848537#p848537
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

anybody have any obscure weapon mods?
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

The extra heroes and monster mixer addon for Samsara is really great in its latest version. It's got a bunch of new characters like those from Witchaven, Powerslave, Redneck rampage, etc... and adds all the monsters from each of the represented characters' games. You can even select which monster replacements to include and exclude, e.g. you can choose to play as the Witchaven character and also have exclusively Witchaven monsters spawn, or you can choose to play as the Powerslave character and have monsters from Duke Nukem 3d and Blood spawn. The addon is also decently balanced, luckily. It's like Classic Rivalry except that it doesn't suck.

I can't help but think that the extra heroes + monster mixer addon is not as popular because a lot of people don't seem to know how to load it (there's a specific load order the creators don't mention on the project's fb page, and they don't mention the fact that it needs to be run through Doomseeker even when playing offline), and the makers of it don't maintain links to all the required files on the project's page. So, I've included all files for the latest version and a text file that explains how to load it in the following rar:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/swr7x ... nsters.rar
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

edgymemester wrote:The extra heroes and monster mixer addon for Samsara is really great in its latest version. It's got a bunch of new characters like those from Witchaven, Powerslave, Redneck rampage, etc... and adds all the monsters from each of the represented characters' games. You can even select which monster replacements to include and exclude, e.g. you can choose to play as the Witchaven character and also have exclusively Witchaven monsters spawn, or you can choose to play as the Powerslave character and have monsters from Duke Nukem 3d and Blood spawn. The addon is also decently balanced, luckily. It's like Classic Rivalry except that it doesn't suck.

I can't help but think that the extra heroes + monster mixer addon is not as popular because a lot of people don't seem to know how to load it (there's a specific load order the creators don't mention on the project's fb page, and they don't mention the fact that it needs to be run through Doomseeker even when playing offline), and the makers of it don't maintain links to all the required files on the project's page. So, I've included all files for the latest version and a text file that explains how to load it in the following rar:

For some reason your mediafire link isn't working.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Cryomundus wrote:
edgymemester wrote:The extra heroes and monster mixer addon for Samsara is really great in its latest version. It's got a bunch of new characters like those from Witchaven, Powerslave, Redneck rampage, etc... and adds all the monsters from each of the represented characters' games. You can even select which monster replacements to include and exclude, e.g. you can choose to play as the Witchaven character and also have exclusively Witchaven monsters spawn, or you can choose to play as the Powerslave character and have monsters from Duke Nukem 3d and Blood spawn. The addon is also decently balanced, luckily. It's like Classic Rivalry except that it doesn't suck.

That's strange, it works fine on my end. What is the problem exactly? To my knowledge mediafire isn't blocked in any countries.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

edgymemester wrote:
Cryomundus wrote:

That's strange, it works fine on my end. What is the problem exactly? To my knowledge mediafire isn't blocked in any countries.
Not a clue, worked fine in internet explorer, but not firefox.

Which is really, REALLY weird considering I use Mediafire all the time and I've used it a ton before. No idea why this one in particular isn't working for me.
RobLoach

Post by RobLoach »

Doom 64 for Doom 2, along with the following wads result in a pretty solid Doom 64 port:

Music: http://www.doom2.net/doomdepot/abs-download.html
Weapons: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... doomgzdoom
Enemies: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... placer-v07
Hud: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=695616#p695616

Added a Doom 64 Lutris installer for it. Thank you to all the people who put in an amazing amount of work to get these working. It blows my mind.
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

anybody have a mod that replaces the starting pistol with a fully auto gun? Like nothing else in the mod, just that replacement.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Boomstick wrote:anybody have a mod that replaces the starting pistol with a fully auto gun? Like nothing else in the mod, just that replacement.
Wrong section man. This isn't a place for asking for stuff.
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

JimpArgon wrote:
Boomstick wrote:anybody have a mod that replaces the starting pistol with a fully auto gun? Like nothing else in the mod, just that replacement.
Wrong section man. This isn't a place for asking for stuff.
oh ok, sorry.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Look for Brutal Doom for a full-auto gun. XD

Or maybe take a look at Trailblazer... it still starts off with a pistol, but that pistol fires fast. :D

Anyway, anyone seen this nifty little mod???

JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Have you ever wanted to play Invasion IN GZDoom, on ANY MAP? (Even Deathmatch Maps?) I know I have, and have been asking/searching for a mod that would allow you to do so. Now you can! Its called Invasion Simulator.

http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wads/

Look for the file "invasionsimulator-prealpha05test.pk3"
( Pretty sure it works fine in Zandronum as well.)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

MY BODY IS READY.

LET'S.

DO.

DIS.
Goldenflare5643

A cool HUD for new users...

Post by Goldenflare5643 »

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?&t=33079

For your reference, I think its cool. It is already on this forum, but it is hard to find so I am making this topic so that others can have it without digging to deep... And if your unfamiliar with how to search this forum...
I have no part in the creation of this HUD.
Last edited by Goldenflare5643 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General”