Alien Trilogy TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lex Safonov

Alien Trilogy TC

Post by Lex Safonov »

And so, without hesitation, I decided to create a theme with a project on this game. Because the remaining conversion no one likes, can be a topic with strangers go up the hill?)
What is currently done:
-All weapons from the Original game.
-Most monsters \ people \ android
-Test hud, fonts
-Sound Steeps.

In the future, I think to finish the rest of the monsters that something to do with shaking the camera and try to either transfer or restore the game models.
Maps is a separate issue, we can talk about them for a long time, but they are not very complex geometry. High-rise a little, the problem is probably only in size)

Immediately I noticed one problem, very sore until the twitching sprites - sprites discrepancy between PC and PS1. PS1 still sprites cut, usually by 1-2 frames. It is clearly visible on the bambi's sprites. On the PC there is 8 frames, but PS1 have 7. Shots from the pulsator to the console is smaller than on a computer.
It features a very robust design palette. On the computer more "faded" colored than PS1. Saturn's palette is almost the same as that on the computer. In principle, food for thought.

Link for mod(latest build):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wpptiam8v ... y.pk3/file
And music for mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fyignb5eq ... c.pk3/file

My other conversions:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Lex Safonov on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Alien Trilogy TC

Post by Captain J »

Very retrospective! I love it! But i have to ask you why every ballistic weapons always inaccurate than a crosshair? It pretty make me hard to shoot the xenos.

Also gunned human enemies don't drop their weapons at all. Was all of this intentional in the original game or something? Other than that it's one cool TC.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Captain J wrote:Very retrospective! I love it! But i have to ask you why every ballistic weapons always inaccurate than a crosshair? It pretty make me hard to shoot the xenos.

Also gunned human enemies don't drop their weapons at all. Was all of this intentional in the original game or something? Other than that it's one cool TC.
IIRC correctly most enemies drops were preset. Sometimes you'd get a dermapatch (health bonus equivalent) or a single magazine of ammo. Sometimes you'd get a map specific item, like the ID passes you had to collect in some missions. Most of the time you'd get nothing. Ammo was pretty plentiful though, as long as you didn't spray too much.

Not sure about accuracy. Apart from shotgun, most weapons fired really slow tracers with perfect accuracy. Hard to do angled projectiles with actually marry up with crosshair in zdoom.

I used to love this game, coincidently.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:IIRC correctly most enemies drops were preset. Sometimes you'd get a dermapatch (health bonus equivalent) or a single magazine of ammo. Sometimes you'd get a map specific item, like the ID passes you had to collect in some missions. Most of the time you'd get nothing. Ammo was pretty plentiful though, as long as you didn't spray too much.
Yes, now i get it. But i'm not a big fan of starting with many guns and plentiful ammo, though. It makes the game much easier and making xenos really weak.
Vostyok wrote:Not sure about accuracy. Apart from shotgun, most weapons fired really slow tracers with perfect accuracy. Hard to do angled projectiles with actually marry up with crosshair in zdoom.
Hard to do angled projectiles with actually marry up with crosshair in zdoom.
Yes. This thing's bothers me. Also still inaccurate to me.

I'm not against it, though. They just once again, bothers me a bit.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

nice one. might be more interesting than the actual game, which I played and honestly found to be really boring.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

It had great atmosphere and soundtrack, especially with proper licenced sfx. Problem was with the mechanics. Bullet sponge enemies (especially in the Lead Mould level), poor enemy placement, lack of environmental interaction after first episode. Boneship levels - jesus christ it was Xen without the jumping. That and slow, plodding movement and combat. I agree, it wasnt exactly white knuckle stuff.

If you could make this a more frantic affair, you would deffo get thumbs up from me!

Edit: deleted double-post on mobile. Sorry :(
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Captain J wrote:Very retrospective! I love it! But i have to ask you why every ballistic weapons always inaccurate than a crosshair? It pretty make me hard to shoot the xenos.

offsets weapons taken from the original game. Apparently in doom are not quite correct.
This version of the test modifications, is laid out as a demonstration. Chucks \ Weapons with people falling in the original game, but I was not accepted for the original model and is not taken into account.
Espilonarge

Post by Espilonarge »

If you need the textures, I ripped them a while back from the PSX version using some VRAM-savestate trickery (also why they're "slapped together" so you'll need to separate them manually).

http://imgur.com/a/ITc9P
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Espilonarge wrote:If you need the textures, I ripped them a while back from the PSX version using some VRAM-savestate trickery (also why they're "slapped together" so you'll need to separate them manually).

http://imgur.com/a/ITc9P
I'm use EPSXE OpenGL plugin, for rip sprites.
BFG

Post by BFG »

very nice! my favorite game on the ps1!
is this the first time the humanoid enemy sprites have been used in a Doom wad?
Hope you'll do Redneck Rampage next!
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

BFG wrote:is this the first time the humanoid enemy sprites have been used in a Doom wad?
Yep, i'm rip part sprites on PSX version.
BFG wrote:Hope you'll do Redneck Rampage next!
If i'm finished PowerSlave and Alien Trilogy)
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Lex Safonov wrote:
BFG wrote:is this the first time the humanoid enemy sprites have been used in a Doom wad?
Yep, i'm rip part sprites on PSX version.
BFG wrote:Hope you'll do Redneck Rampage next!
If i'm finished PowerSlave and Alien Trilogy)
Didn't you say you started a Blood mod for Doom a while back? Nice TC, by the way. I always did wish someone would come up with a good Aliens mod, and now you've done it! I like your other mods too, they're very accurate to the original sources.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

edgymemester wrote:Didn't you say you started a Blood mod for Doom a while back?
blood on the game, I have only a technical demo, there's nothing really there)
Game Alien Trilogy move I wanted for a long time, when I started to work with decorate
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Ok guys, i'm create programm for convert models geometry. Big thanks for ZZYZX, He was very helpful in parsing format. It remains to understand where lies the textured mesh)

screen:
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

What a great mod! May I use the sprites you ripped from the game, and make a version of ALIENS: The Ultimate Doom with Aliens Trilogy Sprites? Of course I will give you full credit for ripping the sprites; and will link this thread.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”