[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: [HD] A Simple Replacement Addon

Post by ZikShadow »

Ah yes, forgot about that.
Should be fixed within the minute.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

So, been trying to play around the WW2HD thing again.
It'll be quite unrealistic seeing how i'm basically just reskinning the obviously hightech weapons with old ones (STG44s and FG42s with grenade launchers, MG42s with mag ammo, etc), but heck, it's a nice skin if you ever decide to play world war based mods with HD.

ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Updated the mod again for the new Liberator lower/draw/magless sprites.

Also, in other notes.
Turns out there was a WW1 mod that was made around here, the map can even be played in HD (with some alterations).
Unfortunately the enemies are not really enemies and i think the mod itself was never finished, no idea how to alter the actual map.

ImageImage

Maps of Wolfendoom that are not decorated is pretty fun too when combined with the Bratwurst nazi enemies mod.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Send me the map link and I'll give it a whack altering it. I'm not the BEST mapper, by any means, but I'm adept in gzdoombuilder I feel confident to take on a tweak of this.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

ZikShadow wrote: It'll be quite unrealistic seeing how i'm basically just reskinning the obviously hightech weapons with old ones (STG44s and FG42s with grenade launchers, MG42s with mag ammo, etc),
The StG 44 did actually have a grenade launcher, via rifle grenades with a device stuck onto the muzzle. No such luck with the FG 42 though.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Those grenade launchers weren't like the ones of today, for impact detonation. They were mostly just for throwing them ultra far and accurate without ripping your arm off. They still had to tick down and detonate IIRC (I'm basing this entirely off day of defeat play....)
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

mumblemumble wrote:Those grenade launchers weren't like the ones of today, for impact detonation. They were mostly just for throwing them ultra far and accurate without ripping your arm off. They still had to tick down and detonate IIRC (I'm basing this entirely off day of defeat play....)
The ones in Day of Defeat were both actually impact detonators, and the StG 44 used the same normal launcher as the Kar98k
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I found the map here :
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6&start=90

One of the few reasons why i never touched the ZM drop sprite in my HD addon was because it's not just the simple "pickup" sprites that need replacing, the cookoff sprites are also comprised of 360 degress look of the sprite which means there's quite the number to replace (front, back, side, 4 side diagonal, and firing sprites for those sprites), and i'm sort of a lazy bum, so i just decided not to touch them since they already fit the weapon sprites i'm using anyway. Well, no such luck for the STG.
I managed to replace all of them a few days ago. Unfortunately, that got hindered by the new update. And now i hate myself.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

@ crimson : Are you sure? Day of defeat source this WAS NOT the case, infact, a tactic was often to shoot it into the floor to cook it, as otherwise it would be avoided, unless shot into a sniper hole or something.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

ZikShadow wrote: One of the few reasons why i never touched the ZM drop sprite in my HD addon was because it's not just the simple "pickup" sprites that need replacing, the cookoff sprites are also comprised of 360 degress look of the sprite which means there's quite the number to replace (front, back, side, 4 side diagonal, and firing sprites for those sprites), and i'm sort of a lazy bum, so i just decided not to touch them since they already fit the weapon sprites i'm using anyway. Well, no such luck for the STG.
I managed to replace all of them a few days ago. Unfortunately, that got hindered by the new update. And now i hate myself.
Huh, always thought the StG-44 would look nice with an underbarrel launcher. Are you talking about the sudden addition of a magless pickup sprite for the ZM66?

@ crimson : Are you sure? Day of defeat source this WAS NOT the case, infact, a tactic was often to shoot it into the floor to cook it, as otherwise it would be avoided, unless shot into a sniper hole or something.
I specifically meant the real versions of the Day of Defeat: Source rifle grenades, the DoD wiki also mentions both are actually impact detonators, but given timers so it's not like they have mini rocket launchers.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Right, managed to get the rest of the sprites done.
Not gonna touch the sounds, since they sound fitting enough.
Finally got myself a proper scoped FG42.

Crimsondrgn wrote:Huh, always thought the StG-44 would look nice with an underbarrel launcher. Are you talking about the sudden addition of a magless pickup sprite for the ZM66?
Nevermind, i already got the rest of the ZM drop sprites replaced.
And may i say the FG42 looks ridiculous with a GL.

I am having a few issues though.
It seems that the red magazine sprite names (CLIPRED and MAGRED) in the TEXTURES lumps are named in such a way that i can't seem to replace them without crashing at startup.
Which means that the STG would drop regular ZM box magazines instead of the proper curved ones.
ZikShadow

Re: [HD] The ZikShadow's HD Addons Section

Post by ZikShadow »

Right, here goes nothing.
Best combined with this http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52102, as right now i think it's the only mod that replaces enemies with Nazis (and nothing else).
Sorry i didn't replace the SSG, the hunter pickup sprites, or the energy weapons, either i don't know what to replace them with or i was being a lazy arse.
Since no new coding is added, a lot of the weapons would still act as HD weapon reskins, especially the panzerfaust, can't do anything about it.

DESCRIPTION :

This addon replaces some of the weapons in the "Hideous Destructor" mod with new WW2 themed Axis aligned sprites, no new coding is added, just simple asset replacements, expect the weapons to handle as they were in the original HD.
I've also replaced some of the crosshair sprites for both ironsights & zoom to fit the replaced weapon sprites.

DOWNLOAD :

Sprites

CREDITS :
Spoiler:
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Updated SSG sprites and new sniper bolt sounds.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

sweet man, thanks for the speedy update =)
685eric685

Post by 685eric685 »

I wonder if it's possible to replace individual weapon sprites instead of having to deal with replacing all weapon sprites with a single file.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”