JPMobility [COMPLETE FOR NOW, LINKS FIXED!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jetplane
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

JPMobility [COMPLETE FOR NOW, LINKS FIXED!]

Post by Jetplane »

JPMobility is a mod that allows the player to execute cool moves! double jump, slide around, and latch onto walls!
While the mod works well on small maps, finding sets with large areas will make traveling a lot more fun.
Should be compatible with most mods, the old (and admittedly, pretty bare) example video is loaded up with RGA2, which has a buttload of features.

Current Build
List of Builds

(LINKS UPDATED 4/15/2022)

HOW TO:
Spoiler:
SOUND CREDITS(CREDITS_SNDINFO.TXT):
Spoiler:
CHANGLELOG:
Spoiler:
This mod was built for Zandronum 3.0, and will work on equivalent ZDoom forks.
Please toss me a message if you'd like to work this into something! While credit on it's own is fine, it'd be nice to know where it's going!
Last edited by Jetplane on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: JPMobility [COMPLETE?]

Post by Cardboard Marty »

This has been really fun to play with and it's really exciting to see it released to the masses! Rockin'!
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

Would there be a version that is compatible with zandronum in the future?

I can only seem to get this worked in the recent gzdoom dev build.
Jetplane

Post by Jetplane »

Pokky wrote:Would there be a version that is compatible with zandronum in the future?

I can only seem to get this worked in the recent gzdoom dev build.
Possibly! I'll try to get that fixed. I know for sure it works in Zandronum 3.0, but I'll try to back up and get it workin for 2.0.
orxalot22

Post by orxalot22 »

I found a bug
when you hit an exit switch while in slide invulnerability, you will be stuck in godmode in the next level
Jetplane

Post by Jetplane »

orxalot22 wrote:I found a bug
when you hit an exit switch while in slide invulnerability, you will be stuck in godmode in the next level
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll get that fixed right away.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

For both the git and stable GZDoom versions for me, pressing the slide button makes the camera permanently get stuck in the low sliding view. Config in the attachment.
Playing with no wads other than this.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Hey you forgot to make the script a library so it conflicts with other acs
Jetplane

Post by Jetplane »

Someone64 wrote:For both the git and stable GZDoom versions for me, pressing the slide button makes the camera permanently get stuck in the low sliding view. Config in the attachment.
Playing with no wads other than this.
I'm really unsure what's going on. I did mess up when initially uploading the mod and that bug was present in the first/second builds. However, it should be good in the most recent download.
Wivicer wrote:Hey you forgot to make the script a library so it conflicts with other acs
Ah! Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm a bit of a rookie and a appreciate it. Should be all good now!
Wivicer

Re: JPMobility [FEATURE COMPLETE, FIXING BUGS]

Post by Wivicer »

I did that with my first script too. No worries.
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

Not sure if this was intentional but when using the resurrect cheat after dying mobility abilities are revoked.

I've also noticed when clinging onto the monitors in the beginning of map02 that I was able to move very slowly
SuperSomariDX

Post by SuperSomariDX »

Funny. I expected to be able top jump higher after a slide, and expected crouching to speed up the meter's refilling. ^^;

Great mod, very enjoyable to play around with.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Pretty gud movement mod IMO. It works very well with DTS-T.

Did you use ACC to compile the TXT file in the ACS folder? Because when I do that, even with v1.5.4 and a dev build from like October of something, it gives me an error regarding line 22. If this has to do with the version of SLADE I'm using, then I might as well go to the most recent version. (yes I'm editing it so that the meter regenerates faster and more time to hold and latch onto a wall, I don't know, just gameplay preferences).
Jetplane

Post by Jetplane »

Boomstick wrote:Not sure if this was intentional but when using the resurrect cheat after dying mobility abilities are revoked.

I've also noticed when clinging onto the monitors in the beginning of map02 that I was able to move very slowly
The resurrect cheat thing is not intentional, no. HOWEVER, to my knowledge there's not really a good way to combat it since it's a cheat that messes with the usual flow of things.

The "SHIMMYING" thing as I've been calling it is something I'm intending to fix in the next bugfix release.
Doomguy5th wrote:Pretty gud movement mod IMO. It works very well with DTS-T.

Did you use ACC to compile the TXT file in the ACS folder? Because when I do that, even with v1.5.4 and a dev build from like October of something, it gives me an error regarding line 22. If this has to do with the version of SLADE I'm using, then I might as well go to the most recent version. (yes I'm editing it so that the meter regenerates faster and more time to hold and latch onto a wall, I don't know, just gameplay preferences).
Thank you! As for the compiling I've switched over to gdcc-acc. Can't really help much with ACC issues. Sorry man. You'll have to look elsewhere for assistance. :/
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

you could create a trio of scripts that initiate the jpmobility functions

that activates everything when entering a map, one that activates upon resurrection, and for hub levels one that activates when moving between the hub areas

Return to “Gameplay Mods”