[ECWolf] ArEyeP's WOLFENDOOM - Conversion to ECWolf

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstroCreep

[ECWolf] ArEyeP's WOLFENDOOM - Conversion to ECWolf

Post by AstroCreep »

Edit 10/11/19 - updated tc! All exits work and bugs are eliminated. Please resownload.
Pictures removed due to whack inability to use img tags. Will upload to imgur with new screens soon

This is a conversion of ArEyeP's WolfenDoom to ECWolf. It's pretty identical to the original, with the exception of changed menu graphics and colors.

Story (from ArEyeP's website)

In "Wolfendoom", you play B.J. Blazkowicz Jnr, son of the legendary World War II hero of the same name. Employed as a military consultant at the Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC), you become involved in a race to close down 6 portals to another dimension, nicknamed the "Doom Dimension", opened up inadvertently by UAC Research personnel.

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by AstroCreep on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoptionMapping

Re: [ECWolf] ArEyeP's WOLFENDOOM - Conversion to ECWolf

Post by FoptionMapping »

Finally! I loved this, but hated it to run it through DoSBOX. thanks!
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I wanted to do a conversion of his Spear mods, though i always back off because i don't wanna do it without permission, i'll check this one out!.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

According to what executor (woolie wool) says, spear resurrection and end of destiny aren't possible to port due to the complex source code changes.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I haven't played the DOS version in a long time. Are the space marine enemies supposed to be making fireball sounds when they shoot their guns?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Yes. ArEyeP thought it sounded "cool". I'm working on a better version using graphics and sounds straight from Doom, since ecwolf allows for sprites of any size and easy palette switching
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

AstroCreep wrote:According to what executor (woolie wool) says, spear resurrection and end of destiny aren't possible to port due to the complex source code changes.
I'd still love to see a Doom port of them though.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Er... there seems to be a problem with the portal effect in episode 1.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

Wiw wrote:
AstroCreep wrote:According to what executor (woolie wool) says, spear resurrection and end of destiny aren't possible to port due to the complex source code changes.
I'd still love to see a Doom port of them though.
All necessary features are not available yet, but some time in the future a proper ECWolf port might be viable. I also want a port, I really liked that mod, it was a better expansion than any official one released for wolf3d and spear.
There's other pretty neat mods for ECWolf though, check some of Executor/Woolie Wool mods too.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Wiw wrote:Er... there seems to be a problem with the portal effect in episode 1.
This is one of those mods I never got very far through when I was younger so I'm not familiar with what you're talking about. Please elaborate. Also note that this could be one of the source code tricks that can't be replicated yet.

EDIT - it seems to be some special effect that lets you temporarily no-clip the wall. Only thing I can think of doing for that is either deleting the wall entirely or a 3D Sprite that is non-solid. For the straight-port I do not feel like programming in new actors or writing a new xlat just for that so I'm gonna replace them with doors. Sucks but whatever. For the update I'll figure something out that will work better.

Edit 2 - doors added in place of portal effect. Please redownload. Again, sorry, it really sucks. Even though this was the first time I've played this game that far apparently lol, that was a cool effect and it sucks I can't duplicate it easily, but the updated version will have a similar or maybe even different effect
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Will the updated version restore the music as well?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Im using assets straight from doom with minimal editing on the graphics and sounds so it will have original midis from doom. I am prob gonna redo a few things however. Areyeps mapping is amazing with original wolf graphics but with things like ceiling textures and lights it looks like shit just replacing shit in mapinfo, so I'm gonna redo damn near every level that's outside or features a portal. Since ecwolf supports all these features it should really be done right.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

nice i've played the original in dos box glad to see its converted over to ecwolf.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

I always loved playing this when I was younger. I feel that its high time I gave it another playthrough.
What got me the most was ArEyeP's ingenious storytelling.
(Go download the original WolfenDoom from his website, it has a textfile of the full story and extensive information of each individual level)
TDG

Post by TDG »

Great work AstroCreep, I really liked ArEyeP's bridge between Wolfenstein and Doom to the point that I really would like to remake/re imagine it in the Doom engine, but add some elements of Brutal Doom Hell on Earth single player pack as well as additional weapons such as a flame thrower replacing the plasma gun, and the missile launcher.

I also started to think out how I would design the levels such as as a hub area, the various UNC office complexes, warehouses, laboratories, and of course the Doomed dimension.

It is still a project I would like to do one day but for now this scratches somewhat of an itch as I tried to run Wolfendoom in ECwolf but some problems played the game. (it did not show the right story text and for some reason I can not continue into the hell segment of the first episode as some invisible wall seems to be in the way)

Return to “Levels”