Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [v2.1] BUGFIXES

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobos867

Phobos867's Add-ons for D4D [v2.1] BUGFIXES

Post by Phobos867 »

------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING:
This mod is not compatible with ZScript.
You need the old 2.0 version of D4D for this mod.

Hello! I've been doing (just for fun) some unofficial add-ons for this awesome mod called D4D. Thanks to the original D4D creators for making the real thing.
BTW: MY ENGLISH IS BAD. But I will try my best to... you know, communicate and all. Forgive any weird sentence of mine.
------------------------------
. == v2.1 RELEASED! == .

So, yeah... I decided to skip completely the 1.0 slot and put this version directly as 2.0, to associate the name with D4D 2.0 and make it clear what's the project compatibility.

First of all: I decided to merge the add-ons to deal better with file issues. To compensate, I made a custom menu (D4D Add-Ons Options) to control some of the additions. Gore Nests and Hell Knights for example, are now fully customized: you can enable, disable or even choose to randomize them.

The list of features are kinda extensive. Maybe I should put them on a spoiler box, but for now I think it's better to show here so people can know what's new and all.

COSMETIC PACK
NEW SKINS (v2.0):
Imp, Hell Knight, Pinky, Lost Soul, Baron of Hell

A collection of skins\sprite replacements. For now the pack contains the Cacodemon (by Merser) and some of my own creations: The imp, Hell Knight, Pinky, Lost Soul, Baron of Hell and a mysterious entity. It also features some exclusive sound effects for most of them.

Note: The Baron of Hell was retouched for the 2.0 version, with some visual imperfections being corrected. My main intention with sprites right know is make them more consistent with the Classic Doom art style, while having Doom 2016 characteristics.

MELEE HELLKNIGHT

The Hellknight from Doom 2016 complete with a "Doom 3" visual. They have three attacks: a frontal leap, a vertical stomp (similar to mancubi) and the regular (unmodified) short-ranged attack. HKs are now really fast and can leap into the player even from distant places. This will help to keep the intended behavior of the original monsters, since they will jump and launch theirselves like a projectile.

UPDATE (v2.0):
HellKnights now have two new attacks: They can run and charge or perform a short-range (but faster) leap.

JETPACK REVENANT

Inspired by the Project Brutallity behavior, Revenants now can fly. Includes new sprites, sound effects and lots of the usual skeleton craziness! They can perform any long-range attack from D4D or drop down at any moment. Of course, you can make them fall for a glory kill as well. The ability is optional and you can disable it on menu options.

POWER-UP SKINS
(D4D STYLE)
ImageImage
Blursphere and Berserk received new skins inspired by the awesome D4D Power-up style! Additionally, the Invulnerability (Pentagram of Protection) had to be changed to green (to differentiate it from Berserk). Radsuits have a new sprite as well. Includes pickup-sounds and messages.

VEGA ANNOUNCER
(FOR POWER-UPS)

It was a pain, but I managed to find and apply all the power-ups announced by Vega (usually from Multiplayer/Snapmap). The voices are optional and you can disable it on the menu options. However, after that you have to restart the map to apply all the changes correctly.

FIELD DRONES

A replacer for Infrareds and Backpacks. Similar in concept to Random Crates, Field Drones will drop random itens when destroyed. Differently, they can drop 5 different itens at the same time, excluding power-ups or other top-tier stuff.

Backpack replacers will keep the D4D granade functionality (with progressive pick-ups). Infrared replacers, on the other hand, can drop more itens than normal.

ELITE GUARDS
A rare replacement to regular dead marines.
They will randomly drop a single goodie: equipments (infrared, radsuit, allmap, backpack), green armor, medikits or a BFG ammo.

New Palette and Texture replacements:
A set of replacements inspired by the Doom 2016 lore, including Neo-UAC logos, Baron of Hell marble textures, enhanced stuff and more.
Also, the color palette was slightly changed for a better D4 experience. You can choose download a version without it too.

NEW WEAPON SKINS

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Cacodemon, Summoner, Cyberdemon, Mastermind, Fist (idle), Hellknight (recolored)

download v0.1 (.RAR)
download v0.3 (.RAR)
download v0.3.1 (.RAR)

download v2.0 (.ZIP)
2.0 without palette

DOWNLOAD V2.1 (.ZIP)
Version without palette

REMEMBER:
You need the old version (v2.0) of D4D to play it .
If you want some music, "Proj2Mus3pk" is recommended too!

For modders, be aware that:
My code is still a mess.
I decided to focus on release it instead of going into a deep process of organization.
Hopefully, I will have more time to clean them up eventually. :stuppor:

CHANGELOG:

V2.0
(Nov 17)
Spoiler:
v0.1 to v0.3.1
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS:
CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Phobos867 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 136 times in total.
JimpArgon

Re: Unofficial Add-ons for D4D

Post by JimpArgon »

This looks pretty cool man.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

It does look cool :D Will be trying this out and letting you know my thoughts~

EDIT: Did not play too long because its late here, but I made sure to encounter each enemy and barrel.

HELL KNIGHT

LOVE the Hell Knight. It definitely fights more like the one in Doom 4 and it was pretty fun to fight.

CACODEMON AND REVENANT
Not going to say too much because I've played Merser's mod so I've seen these sprites already. I feel like the Cacodemon is a bit out of place because the art style? I don't know, it just looks odd to me. My opinion though. The Revenant I'm fine with though.

IMP
Also love the look of the Imp. It looks 100% just like the one its based on, and to me, it fits a lot better than the current one.

Barrels and Gore Nest
You were right about the Gore Nests. I was on TNT and ran in a room mowing down everything with a chaingun, accidentally shot two Gore Nests, and next thing I knew I was overrun and killed xD Really like how you made that, and since it replaces an enemy that wasn't in Doom 4, it fits :P

Barrels are still barrels. I think the sprite doesn't look too much like the reboot's though. (maybe not enough red? I dunno)
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Thanks man! I'm glad that you liked.
I'm adding some screenshots to the first page (with gzdoom filters and all that stuff :P )

http://imgur.com/a/fIDAr
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks promising. Also good work on the Hell knight. Never saw anyone managed to make complete D3 HK until now! Can't wait to see more from you.
sdk2k9

Post by sdk2k9 »

Awesome! This is just what I wanted for D4D.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

About time somebody made a submod to implement Merser's Doom 4-inspired monster sprites into D4D!
Does Gore Nest completely replace Arachnotrons? I would like to have an option to have both (is there a 50/50 randomizer option?).
Also - will there be any way to not use new Baron and have everything else? (I prefer to have Archon of Hell from base D4D)
From WIP sprites, the Summoner and Pinky look great.
Phobos867 wrote:Thanks man! I'm glad that you liked.
I'm adding some screenshots to the first page (with gzdoom filters and all that stuff :P )

http://imgur.com/a/fIDAr
What are these blue orbs on the last screenshot?
Last edited by shotfan on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

10/10 IGN
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Overlord wrote:10/10 IGN
Moar liek 10/10 - Edge
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

This looks rad as fuck!
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Making some progress:
shotfan wrote: Does Gore Nest completely replace Arachnotrons? I would like to have an option to have both (is there a 50/50 randomizer option?).
A random option for the Arachnatron is a cool idea, I don't know if I can do it, but I can definitely try. However It should take awhile, I would really like to finish the other stuff first. :3:
shotfan wrote: Also - will there be any way to not use new Baron and have everything else? (I prefer to have Archon of Hell from base D4D)
I don't know, I'm already having lots of compatibilities issues doing separate mods instead of one. The D4Sprites will probably be used to include new skins/minor changes, but you can always open the pk3 on Slade and remove any undesirable sprite folder and/or decorate inclusions. I want to add more options before releasing a stable version, but yeah.
shotfan wrote: What are these blue orbs on the last screenshot?
Just bullet sparkles from D4D, probably amplified by the freeze effect (used to take the shots). :P
Anyway, thanks to everyone!
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Phobos867 wrote:Making some progress:
shotfan wrote: Also - will there be any way to not use new Baron and have everything else? (I prefer to have Archon of Hell from base D4D)
I don't know, I'm already having lots of compatibilities issues doing separate mods instead of one. The D4Sprites will probably be used to include new skins/minor changes, but you can always open the pk3 on Slade and remove any undesirable sprite folder and/or decorate inclusions. I want to add more options before releasing a stable version, but yeah.
I understand. But seeing your new WIP Baron sprite, I am starting to like it more (these green flames :mrgreen: ) and I will definitely try him out.
Phobos867 wrote:
shotfan wrote: What are these blue orbs on the last screenshot?
Just bullet sparkles from D4D, probably amplified by the freeze effect (used to take the shots). :P
That are some fabulous sparks. :3:

Anyway, I tried it out - the sprites fit well! Imp now looks like a proper Doom 4 Imp, not to mention Hellknight - he is actually scary now!
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

These sprites looks awesome! Hell Razer would be a nice addition to demons's files!

Keep it up man!
Aethun

Post by Aethun »

I love this Hellknight :wub:
and the imps :twisted:

Im impatience to see your Baron of Hell in action :rock:
Thanks for your work.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

once its out, i will use em for my up comming mod