[TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [TPS][WIP]BlackWarrior Alpha 0.16 Released

Post by Captain J »

Overlord wrote:can u change those zombies 4 melee marines?
What for? Going all melee and against the blackest guy with big gun doesn't seems tactical or sensible to me.

Also, he hasn't finished all of the sprites yet. We better wait.
rosfell

Post by rosfell »

I've played the new alpha and haven't found any big issues with it save for one: It's kinda hard to flip switches sometimes, you have to be pixel precise to do it and it's kinda annoying because it interrupts the pace of the game whenever you just cleared a room of bad guys with your sick gun kata only to be stopped by a door switch that won't open, it's not a big deal, but it kinda bothers me, other than that everything is clicking the right places...
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

So I figured out why I can't pick some weapons. Apparently there's a weapon carry limit that isn't displayed anywhere in the HUD? If I go through MAP01 without picking the SMG enemy drops or the second pistol (replacing the chainsaw) I can then pick the shotgun in the courtyard secret. If I do pick the second pistol and two SMG drops, I won't be able to pick up the shotgun. This isn't mentioned anywhere in the readme or the main post, so I totally didn't expect it. (Either that or some of the those pickups is somehow bugging out. I'll try out more combinations just to be sure)
Perhaps some indication that no more weapons can be picked up should be added to the "press use to___" display?

As for the shop, it absolutely refuses to open with my regular config and no idea why. There must be some setting conflicting with the mod, but I can't quite tell which one. I did try to disable autoloads, changing several options around, but only using a separate config file seems to work. It could be some leftover option that was removed from the menus recently?
My config file is a bit full of old-version-rot so I'll probably remake it from scratch, I was planning on it anyway, but it'd be nice to know which setting is putting up a conflict.
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Overlord wrote:can u change those zombies 4 melee marines?
creating sprites is progressed only by me so it will take some days yet. the zombie will be changed to other
types of enemies in some day.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hetdegon wrote:So I figured out why I can't pick some weapons. Apparently there's a weapon carry limit that isn't displayed anywhere in the HUD? If I go through MAP01 without picking the SMG enemy drops or the second pistol (replacing the chainsaw) I can then pick the shotgun in the courtyard secret. If I do pick the second pistol and two SMG drops, I won't be able to pick up the shotgun. This isn't mentioned anywhere in the readme or the main post, so I totally didn't expect it. (Either that or some of the those pickups is somehow bugging out. I'll try out more combinations just to be sure)
Perhaps some indication that no more weapons can be picked up should be added to the "press use to___" display?
You can't get any more weapon unless you drop the weapon you have, actually. Nothing's hard, although it's not so easy to figure it out.
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

Captain J wrote:
Hetdegon wrote:So I figured out why I can't pick some weapons. Apparently there's a weapon carry limit that isn't displayed anywhere in the HUD? If I go through MAP01 without picking the SMG enemy drops or the second pistol (replacing the chainsaw) I can then pick the shotgun in the courtyard secret. If I do pick the second pistol and two SMG drops, I won't be able to pick up the shotgun. This isn't mentioned anywhere in the readme or the main post, so I totally didn't expect it. (Either that or some of the those pickups is somehow bugging out. I'll try out more combinations just to be sure)
You can't get any more weapon unless you drop the weapon you have, actually. Nothing's hard, although it's not so easy to figure it out.
Oh yeah, I got no problem with limited inventory. Now that I know, I think it actually suits the gameplay well.
I just failed to notice at first since there's no mention of it or any interface feedback. I'd recommend putting a note on the readme or in the first post. Maybe put some sort of counter in the HUD whenever possible.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yes he will, as he said to me before.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

That looks pretty good in its current state. I am eager to see what the player sprites are going to look like when they are finished.
Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt »

good
HannesH

Post by HannesH »

Great Wad man very good
i dont want to bother you but what Kind of Map Wad or better say directly Map Wads do you recomment for your Wad
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Back to Saturn X Series might make the gameplay veeery good.
Lumberjaxx

Post by Lumberjaxx »

Oh my God!!!!!
So this was the project you were talking about, really mind-blowing. I had no idea you could do such things with Gzdoom; one has never seen every thing.
The weapon carry limit was a bit unusual but I eventually got used to it (took me a while)
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

hmm so can i carry maximum 2 weapons including my starting gun or excluding it as i was unable to pickup some guns which say use
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You can carry 2 weapons in total, but you can only change your secondary weapon into new one.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Man You need to Increase the Jump of Player
I am stuck at doom 1 eposide 4 level 2 impossible as i can not jump to other ledge

Return to “Gameplay Mods”