[WIP] The Space Pirate (WHERE'S MY UPDATE MARTY?, Pg 34)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Talk Like A Pirate Day! Pg 31)

Post by Slax »

Caco decal is DLC, right? That stuff's premium content! Might as well charge for it.

Aaaanyway...
Plenty of room for goofy easter egg stuff with that scope visor thing. "The demons! They're in my gun! I... see them..."
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

The biggest, baddest gun? All for me?

Of course, when you need to clear out crowds of enemies, the Wave Overload Generator is always at your side. Well, "at your side" as in you have to go pick it up from the ground somewhere. But hey, semantics.

I finally am putting the finishing touches on this gun, the ever cool Sgt. Shivers provided some amazing animation work (as per usual)! So this will be fully implemented in the next build, which is coming out...well, whenever it does.

Here are some other things I've done!
  • Revamped mugshot for Mel! This is closer to her current design, and I also fixed and redid a lot of the scrappier shots from before.
  • Hitsparks for melee attacks! They look super cool!
  • Speaking of, I'm not sure I've mentioned it before and the act of reading is apparently too much for me, but the Special and Melee keys are now separate! The Special key is now known as the Character Trait button. What this does is enable your special move (such as the Mag Grapple, Mag Push, etc. etc.), while melee can be used separately.
  • Currently, the Pistol now has a melee combo as well as being able to push and pull enemies! Rad!
There's a bunch of other stuff, but I'm working towards a release version so you guys can play! Lots of polishing up to do, along with other lines that need to be in before anybody else plays this, but I'll keep you updated as always.

LASTLY: Now with the melee key being free and not tied to the special moves, when you have your melee selected, what should pressing the melee button do? Let me know what you think! Or don't, I don't care.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now it's getting warmed up. And yet my body is ready for this once again.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ooh, yaay! Updates! :D

New voice actress? Oh well... I liked her voice for this mod. I hope Shanaura can do just as well. :) EDIT: SHANA'S PERFECT. :D

I had also imagined dialogue between Melody and Cygnis... much of the stuff Shana said in the preview definitely sounds like a lot of the stuff I have in my head.

Let's just hope those files aren't corrupted still...
Where have I heard the name Shanaura Vaillancourt before???
Shanaura

Post by Shanaura »

Hello all! I'm the new voice for Mel in THE SPACE PIRATE. I'm super excited and can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of the sample that Marty has provided for you all!

I'm hyped for him to push this project out of its metaphorical womb.

Warm Regards,
Shanaura
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

WHOAAAAA... :D

Hi there, Shana! Welcome to the ZDoom Forums!

Your voice fits the role quite nicely... :)
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

It's heartwarming to see this mod back again. If any radio effects or male voices are needed, I could do it.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That's brilliant news to hear! Also you can enjoy the other doom mods whatever you like too, shana!
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Shanaura wrote:Hello all! I'm the new voice for Mel in THE SPACE PIRATE. I'm super excited and can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of the sample that Marty has provided for you all!

I'm hyped for him to push this project out of its metaphorical womb.

Warm Regards,
Shanaura
Welcome. I'm still wondering about the donut gun.
Shanaura

Post by Shanaura »

DoomKrakken wrote:WHOAAAAA... :D

Hi there, Shana! Welcome to the ZDoom Forums!

Your voice fits the role quite nicely... :)
Thank you!

Marty thought it'd be a good idea for me to join here to sort of read up and keep track of progress. This Community seems very nice!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Awesome. :D

I always suffer from being "star-struck" whenever I'm communicating with voice actors, since it's something I've wanted to do for quite a while... :)

Hey, Marty... about those hitsparks... why not make them green, so that it's like she's using her magnetic powers to enhance her punches?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Shanaura wrote:Marty thought it'd be a good idea for me to join here to sort of read up and keep track of progress. This Community seems very nice!
We discuss, suggest and share the opinions for our modding good! Would be very fun if you can as well!
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

DoomKrakken wrote:Hey, Marty... about those hitsparks... why not make them green, so that it's like she's using her magnetic powers to enhance her punches?
Actually, I left them blue/orange because...

OH GEEZE MY EYES

The glow of Mel's Mag Grapple aside, hitsparks have been added to all of Mel's special moves! This makes it a lot easier to see what you're actually doing. There's a ton of other cool effects I plan on adding to make her traits a bit more exciting, but we'll see!

You might also notice that money counter on the bottom left is actually being used, plus there are some squares on the ground with dollars signs in them. Whoa! For those of you who partook in professor Brad B. Bradley's online course in "Universal Economy 101", Global Dollars are in! Global Dollars are the currency that you'll get for punching and shooting demon dudes throughout the Space Pirate. As of right now, they're not being used for much other than proving that you're better than your poorer friends, but as TSP develops more, I'm sure these things will come in handy for...something.

This weekend I plan on recording some more Mel lines with the amazingly lovely Shanaura (who you guys seem to dig, woo!), as well as possibly working on a new weapon or something! Things are heating up for sure, so you better be ready!
Captain J

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Global Dollars!? Pg 32)

Post by Captain J »

Hmm. I actually thought green is pretty interrupting color, nothing personal. Anyway good luck, and may her wonderful voice brighten up the mod!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: [WIP] The Space Pirate (Global Dollars!? Pg 32)

Post by Slax »

You're such a dork, Marty.
Oops spoilers...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”