MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - PULLED UNTIL FLATSPRITES IS FIXED (p36)

Post by Major Cooke »

You can keep working on MetaDoom by having everyone require the September 3rd build, It's no different than the issue Brutal Doom has with its 0.l crap going on in a manner of speaking.
Nash wrote:Major Cooke is working with Graf Zahl to reinstate the feature... I think everyone should just sit tight and let the experts do their work. :)
I've hit a stopping point on the submission due to some issues which Graf or someone needs to help me out with. However I'm going to try an alternative route seeing as I can't seem to find any way around it.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Major Cooke wrote:You can keep working on MetaDoom by having everyone require the September 3rd build, It's no different than the issue Brutal Doom has with its 0.l crap going on in a manner of speaking.
I'm still twiddling with it using the devbuild I was using before, I'm just mostly taking a break because odds are the new FLATSPRITEs will have different parameters I'll have to convert everything to. Although, I'm occasionally working on... other parts.

Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

The only thing you'll have to change is the pitch. Just give them all a pitch + or - 90 and you're good to go, depending on symmetry. Unless you're using lasers like this:
Spoiler: Okay, I have no way of keeping on the rails without a spoiler here.
In which case you may have to rework them (I don't think you will but don't exactly count on me saying that...)

And some more good news I made a new discovery so now I'm really closing in upon the finish line!
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

'Ey Kinsie. Try out this special build. I asked Eruanna to include some notes. In case she doesn't do it, here they are.
Myself wrote:1. Flat sprites are now base upon pitch being 0 (completely horizontal) and +/-90 (completely vertical).
2. Roll property is always factored into account without requiring ROLLSPRITE.
3. DONTFLIP currently has no effect. This will be addressed shortly.

As such, anyone currently using flat sprites will need to adjust their code -- it may take more than just adding pitch to change it. If it doesn't appear correctly, change the angle and/or roll as well.
Graf is releasing a new gzdoom tomorrow, so if you can, bite it. Should it bite back... *cracks knuckles* Let me know.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Read through that thread real quick, looks like our devteam showed some much-appreciated hustle on this one! Way to go guys! </cheerleader>
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

More like I did but yeah. :P Lots helped!
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

I think the axe sprite is overused, maybe would look better with an vertical attack
Kinsie

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Techdemo 2.111 "Kane" Hotfixed! (p38)

Post by Kinsie »

Tech Demo 2.111 - "Kane" (~16mb)

Just a quick alteration of the pre-existing public build to play nice with the new implementation to tide people over until the new version is released.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

A little out of place or topic to ask, but has this new build touched ROLL sprites by chance?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

No. Roll sprites remain the same.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Heads up, another change to the sprites occurred. Tomorrow, a new GZDoom release is coming out. The flat sprites might be different, depending on how you used them, but chances are they won't be if you didn't do anything too complex with them.

But at long last, it's finished. Took a whole week, but it's done.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

NOTE: This was designed for GZDoom 2.2.0. Software mode is not supported. The older OpenGL renderer is not supported. EDGE is not supported. Doom Legacy is not supported. Zandronum probably won't be supported until 2050. This may change in the future, but for now, assume it won't!

v1.0 - "Slayer" (~20mb)
v.1.0 "Slayer" (19/09/16)
========================
There's enough changes in this release that I feel very comfortable calling it a first proper release instead of another tech demo! That being said: I'm still far, FAR from done. Please keep providing feedback and if you feel you have something to offer, you're more than welcome to let me know! Thanks for playing my mod!

- Added 1 new weapon! (Fire Extinguisher)
- Added 2 new enemies! (Hell Razer, Phantom)
- Revamped 2 old enemies! (Hell Knight, Baron of Hell)
- Revamped the Scripted Marines that nobody uses in their maps anymore! (Because nobody makes ZDoom maps anymore! Sadly!)
- Added 2 new inventory items! (Siphon Grenade, Dog Collar)
- Added treasure items from the Press Release beta!
- Added low health warning!
- Added an optional addon to Meta-fy the extra MAP31/32 enemies!
- Revamped the powerup sphere sprites!

Changes to Weapons:
- Buffed the Shotgun Grenade explosion to be identical to a standard rocket.
- Re-added a cooldown to the Rocket Launcher primary fire, and made this period interruptable by the altfire.
- Holy Water takes twice as long to acquire (1 ammo per second)
- Holy Water now also rewarded if you're underwater
- Made the Chaingun turret firing louder
- Fixed bug where dying while using the Chaingun turret would result in the firing sound looping forever, mortally wounding your ears
- Fixed being unable to melee in netplay
- Buffed the Gauss Cannon's damage, but lowered its firing rate to compensate
- Added Shivers' revamped SSG sprites!
- Machinegun now takes selection precedence over chaingun

Changes to Spawners:
- Changed New Item spawning method to something lamer, so as to prevent items being spawned inside of walls
- Dramatically reduced spawn rate of the Shield Wall
- Doom 1 SSG spawning altered to now allow SSG alts to spawn in Doom 1
- Minor monster spawner tweak so that they look right on their first frame (for summon cheat, dormant actors in old maps etc.)
- Fixed a bug in the Chaingun Guy spawner code that'd cause Minigunners to spawn way more frequently than they should.
- Added proper spawners for Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon, allowing for future extensions

Changes to Performance:
- Added Blood fadeout timer option (meta_perf_bloodtime) for how long you want blood to last before fading. Default is a little over 190 seconds (or 6666 tics)
- Old Blood Fadeout option has been renamed and repurposed to force nigh-instant blood fadeout, as a sort of a "panic button" for low-perf situations
- Made floor blood way less framerate intense by making it cull splats that are within a user-defined radius of where it spawned. MAP06 no longer tanks the FPS on UV!

Changes to Monsters:
- Added new sounds to the Revenant and Archvile
- Fixed bug where Revenant was rewarding points twice
- Archvile spawns some blood and guts upon death because, you know...

Other Changes:
- Added proper credits for the Former Commando
- Tweaks and improvements to the HUD and associated graphics
- Some minor sound tweaks
- Minor text adjustments
- All FLATSPRITE usage adjusted for the new implementation
JimpArgon

Re: MetaDoom - v1.0 "Slayer" - Thank You For The Demon (p38)

Post by JimpArgon »

this looks absolutely amazing....
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: MetaDoom - v1.0 "Slayer" - Thank You For The Demon (p38)

Post by wildweasel »

So, my playstyle has uncovered an unfortunate problem: using a Dog Collar while "switch weapons on pickup" is disabled. If that setting is disabled, you can only actually use the Dog Collar by opening the console and entering "Use MetaDogGun_Hellhound" (or whichever dog variant you've collared). I know the nature of the weapon precludes it from being placed in the weapon slots, but there must be some way to ensure that the weapon selection actually takes place.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”