Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (Ver. 4)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (V2)

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for the information and tip!
Neccronixis wrote:- The rocket Launcher explosion is simply missing some of the explosion frames, that's all.
It turns out it's a modified version of the vanilla rocket taken from gzdoom.pk3. With vanilla spawn and explosion frames. Hmm, no wonder.
Just a silly question - how do you acquire the Gatling gun and the Missile launcher in-game? :\
Just like in the original mod, you can grab them by killing cyberdemon and spider mastermind.

CB Gives you a Missile Launcher and SMM gives you a Gatling Gun, obviously!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Alright, so I fixed some of the bugs that have been mentioned. Here's the new version:

https://www.mediafire.com/?tg0k118ix0wudu3

The Super Shotgun sound bug should be fixed. The machinegun ammo counter bug is fixed. The rocket launcher sprite bug is fixed too. Thanks to Captain J for helping with the ammo counter bug.

Captain J wrote: Also, i see your mod have been recently updated. Because now i can see the new weapon; Laser-point Rocket launcher! Also it acts like another one from your older mod Special Operations as well! But it has one flaw; When the rocket explodes while guiding it with laser, i can't refire, move or change at all. Just goes frozen.
Are you talking about the fact that you can't fire another laser-point rocket when it explodes? That was intentional. I wanted to prevent players from spamming the shit out of it.
Last edited by lizardcommando on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And i somehow can't fire again even though few minutes passed. Also can't switch the weapon because it gets... Again, frozen. It keep stays to the idle sequence until i toss the weapon away.

Pretty too much for the penalty, ain't it?
lizardcommando

Re: Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (Ver. 2A)

Post by lizardcommando »

Try downloading it again. I had to re-upload the file.

I'm still not understanding the issue with the laser-point rocket launcher. Is there a way you could record a video of it or something?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

If you updated the mod while re-uploding, i'll try it out then. But maybe later. We're going to visit grandma for chuseok.
Last edited by Captain J on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ah ok then. The link has been updated.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Okay, i should have played the mod yesterday but i forgot. Anyway i played a bit and now laser-pointer rocket launcher works just fine. Great work!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Everytime i see these vanilla enhancements makes me want to start one. I'm hopefully finishing some things lately, and hope i can start something else. Great work on this one!
lizardcommando

Re: Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (Ver. 3)

Post by lizardcommando »

Holy shit! Has it really been 3 years since the last update for this mod?! Good lord.

Anyways, after a long time, I finally went around to updating this mod. I finally got around to updating this mod. I have new punching sprites (modified from Skelegant's Lt. Typhon mod.), added in dual pistols (I modified the reloading animation from Eriance's pistol. Also, Zombiemen drop these on rare occasions) and I officially added in the Laser-Point Rocket Launcher (modified from Eriance's Rail-Gun sprites, i think. Also, Cyberdemons drop these occasionally). The demonstration of the Laser-Point Rocket Launcher was kind of rushed, but basically it's like the RPG from Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

Here's the link for the mod: https://www.mediafire.com/file/crb9m6u0 ... 3.zip/file
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Really like the update, specialy the dual pistols. Can I take them for my mod "Acid's Eriguns" (You will be credited).
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ac!d wrote:Really like the update, specialy the dual pistols. Can I take them for my mod "Acid's Eriguns" (You will be credited).
Glad you like the update and the dual pistols! Yeah, sure. You can use them if you want for your mod.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

lizardcommando wrote:
Spoiler: old video
Spoiler: very old video
This was originally made for my own personal use, but I figured I should just release this for everyone else to enjoy.
What is the song you used in your V.3 demonstration? :?:

It sounds effing good. :)

By the way, excellent mod!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh yeah, I should have noted that in the video's description link, but it is Wasteland by Le Matos from Turbo Kid.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

So I'm updating the mod once more (like fixing the animations for the dual pistols), however, I am thinking of adding in the auto-shotgun and possibly a railgun (if I can find the proper Eriance sprites for this). What do you think? Should I do that or no?
Deii

Post by Deii »

I think an auto shotgun would only make this better, really. I was playing through Maps of Chaos Hardcore with this mod and I often felt like one would come in handy for large swarms of enemies, though I'm not sure how you could balance things out - maybe an alternative SSG spawn?

I think a railgun could work nicely as well, but I don't know if Eriance has railgun sprites. Could sneak in some hell-tech gun from Eriguns 2 to stand in for a railgun, but I don't know if that's what you're going for.

This being said, it's still fun to play with. The kick is quite useful and the guns feel and sound good.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”