[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mumblemumble

Re: [HD] A Simple Replacement Addon

Post by mumblemumble »

Sorry for double post, but theres an issue with the pump shotgun having its center of the hitbox at the handles end, which makes grabbing it extremely awkward. Might want to fix that =x, otherwise players will be mashing use, and not grabbing it
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Nevermind that, i've replaced the entire pump shotgun sprite set.
The shotgun no longer has a visible bandolier, pickup sprite looks slightly better, and there's no more shells inside the loading compartment when reloading.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Yipee!

Would be nice if you made update posts and changlogs to properly inform of the updates instead of doing it silently and just implying that you updated the download. Had no idea you updated for about 4 updates straight until I started looking at the edit footnote. :P
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Someone64 wrote:Yipee!

Would be nice if you made update posts and changlogs to properly inform of the updates instead of doing it silently and just implying that you updated the download. Had no idea you updated for about 4 updates straight until I started looking at the edit footnote. :P
I usually do that for my Half-Life Remod projects, though they do take a lot more effort than this particular addon.
Guess i'm just a bit lazy when doing this one.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Re: fist-induced bullet ricochets, I'll change the fist impact sound to use a separate "misc/punch" in next week's update.

Re: shotgun pickup sprite, now with the new pickup system I might be able to set something up with a bunch of jumps...
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Seems like another update is in order, to add in new shotgun sprites at least.

Also, why is the crosshair for the rifles not symmetrical? This has bothered me for a while. as is the small black lines on the scope making aiming in the dark a pain...a bit of red, or green in the scope aim would help.

And considering the bullet impact noise plays for clearing jams, lots soul deaths, ect, perhaps another noise should be used...just a thought.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

mumblemumble wrote:Seems like another update is in order, to add in new shotgun sprites at least.

Also, why is the crosshair for the rifles not symmetrical? This has bothered me for a while. as is the small black lines on the scope making aiming in the dark a pain...a bit of red, or green in the scope aim would help.

And considering the bullet impact noise plays for clearing jams, lots soul deaths, ect, perhaps another noise should be used...just a thought.
1. What do you mean not symmetrical? I calculated the width/length between each other in Photoshop and all, and shots do seem to go where they're meant to.
Okay, the battle rifle scope probably do need some proper replacement, as what i did was basically copy-paste the old scope onto the new template, and the old scope was kinda garbage in itself.

2. *sighs*
I know i did missed something.
Guess that's what happens when a sound is used for multiple usages.
From what i remember the original sound was basically stuff-hitting-dust sounds, i'll see if i can find something softer.

I'll get to updating this again after i'm done remodding AoMDC.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

This is the issue... Its on pretty much all resolutions, and makes it look wonky as hell, how the right / bottom edges are missing. Is this intended? Because it looks funny imo.. Besides that, scoped in the zm66, and other rifles could use maybe a red dot with transparency in the middle, or just colored lines. Trying to aim in the dark with scopes on the zm is not a fun task.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20160911_063543.png
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Nope, that's not what it's supposed to look like.
I have no idea what could be causing that.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Very weird....works as intended in zdoom but NOT gzdoom.

Wonder why this is..
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Okay, i've added a more subtle dust sound along with a slightly more visible red dot-ish crosshair for the ZM.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Update :
Added in sprites for shotgun's saddle depending on their ammo.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Another update :
Added in 6 shelled saddles for both shotguns.
Lowered some weapon offsets for the new weapon drawing/holstering states.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Sweet job being quick on the job updating man.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

It seems the smg pickup sprite changes back to the default hd one when you drop it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”