Weapon sprite replacements.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheMistress

Weapon sprite replacements.

Post by TheMistress »

Hello, this is a sort of first mod of mine (Just replacing sprites, not really a mod), it was pretty much for personal use but I guessed, why not upload it.

What it does is replace all of the Doom 2 weapon sprites, you can put it in your skins folder for zandronum, and play online with these for example. (Wich is what I do, because I like these sprites :).)

P.S.: I also decided to upload this so that someone may be able to fix a few offsets, considering I really am bad at this.

Without further ado, here's a link for download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jvx2s ... 4Weaps.wad

And a link for the video showcasing what this actually does. (I am not familiar with embedding videos, my apologies.https://vimeo.com/181191640
Last edited by TheMistress on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Weapon sprite replacements.

Post by Tapwave »

Could use a bit more visual recoil! All your guns remain stiffly in place after they're fired.
The SSG seems to have a flash frame that's slightly offset from the base frame, which causes it to grow the side a little, as well.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Tapwave wrote:Could use a bit more visual recoil! All your guns remain stiffly in place after they're fired.
The SSG seems to have a flash frame that's slightly offset from the base frame, which causes it to grow the side a little, as well.
Yeah, I just noticed that myself, thanks for pointing that out ! :)

And indeed hahah, I'm pretty bad at trying to add visual recoil, when I did so some sprites would overlap others for some reason. A good example was the pistol so I decided to put everything on the same spot :p.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

TheMistress wrote:
Tapwave wrote:Could use a bit more visual recoil! All your guns remain stiffly in place after they're fired.

And indeed hahah, I'm pretty bad at trying to add visual recoil, when I did so some sprites would overlap others for some reason. A good example was the pistol so I decided to put everything on the same spot :p.
Yeah, that's probably because your flash frames keep the original offsets while the normal frames keep moving. Try matching the flash frames' offsets to the recoiled frames and it should work.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Tapwave wrote:
TheMistress wrote:

Yeah, that's probably because your flash frames keep the original offsets while the normal frames keep moving. Try matching the flash frames' offsets to the recoiled frames and it should work.
Allright, I'll try that, thanks :) !

EDIT: Alright I have done what you said, tried my best and I'm pretty satisfied with the results, although it could probably still be done better I bet :).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jvx2s ... 4Weaps.wad

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”