[3DGE] Doom-Belmondo

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

[3DGE] Doom-Belmondo

Post by chronoteeth »

UPDATED! vvvvv

[spoiler="Changelog]-Made the bolty aim more at the center of the screen, actually at the crosshair
-Made the bolty a smidge teensy bit more powerful
-Increased the whip's attack range
-Beefed up some of the weapon noises, more snap and reverb to some
-Fixed weapon priority
-Gave the glaive a bit of an indicator when its empty, its not completely obvious but its better than nothing

+Still gotta figure out how to display ammo properly in full screen as well as kill music when you die. My code prolly is bugged, if anyone can help could ya take a gander at it please? Thanks![/spoiler]

---------------------------

Another Doom mod for all of you to enjoy!

Doom Belmondo!

A gameplay mod made for my good friend xepelli/DenisBelmondo as a sort of thank you for always helping me with the creations of my doom mods both ssprite wise (and laugh wise). Its inn the same vein as my friend ouchface has with their stuff for me!

This is also the first mod I did that dabbles in RTS scripting. With the action keys (Defined in the options), you can bind a backdash (action 1) and a forward dash (action 2) so you can do some quick speed boosts or avoidance methods. Speargubn has a scope too, you can define the key in the options.

14 new detailed, crazy weapons to play with, and melee weapons have alt fires (possibility of all weapons getting alt fires in the future are a possibility). Credits in the wad, Have fun and whip em good!

Requires 3DGE 2.0.4 and above to run [Will not be making a zdoom version of this modification. Dont ask. Please :(]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20256081/CT-DB.wad DL link here~!

If you enjoy my modifications, please consider leaving me a tip at paypal.me/Teefe or to my paypal email chronoteeth@gmail.com ! It is always appreciated, and help with home life as well as support me, and definitely encorages me to do some good work~! Thanks again~
Spoiler: Screenshots
Last edited by chronoteeth on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DenisBelmondo

Re: [3DGE] Doom-Belmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

I'm so flattered... I absolutely love the whip's secondary function and how useful it is on mapsets like Scythe 2, which I believe is the perfect setting, thematically speaking, for this mod. It almost makes me feel like I'm playing Genji in Overwatch except I can do the little reflect-y move forever. Very satisfying.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

:wub:
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Dude you are a super mad genius for this mod <3 Wait til the cameras come out and we can make side-scrolling 3DGE games :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

MOTHER OF GOODNESS, those are some good bloody good weapons and guts! I'll play this and prepare my feedback!
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

chrono:thx ,you create beautifull b_a rifle
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

I think I will do a 1 level video like I did for the Duke It Out In Doom mod. And its because I like this so much. Will post the video in this thread. Feel free to use it on your main post once its finished if you are wanting to show off a video demonstration. :twisted:
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

JimpArgon wrote:I think I will do a 1 level video like I did for the Duke It Out In Doom mod. And its because I like this so much. Will post the video in this thread. Feel free to use it on your main post once its finished if you are wanting to show off a video demonstration. :twisted:
thats ok! i appreciate it, tho I have an idea as to what i'd like to make, still anything positive is always appreciate~!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

So this mod has nothing to do with French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo? :o
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Finished. It does not show off everything, but it shows enough in the two levels I decided to play. All the info needed is in the video description. I really enjoyed this mod a ton and will be tracking this as you make updates/progress with it. Also thank you for making this kick ass mod.

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

From brief playing-about, this is as solid of a mod concept as any other CT mod, just with one or two little things that slightly bug me. I feel like the whip's range needs to be a bit longer (I constantly whiffed attacks that I could have sworn I was close enough to hit), and some of the ammo counters don't seem to work right in the full-screen hud (notably the bolt-action rifle and chaingun). I also found the chakram-like weapon, but wasn't entirely sure how to use it (I didn't realize I needed to "reload" it first; maybe enable auto-reloading for that one?).
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

This... looks interesting.

EDIT: Awesome stuff. Really fun and incredible creative arsenal, can't wait to play some more of this. The offsets for the Mauser rifle seemed a little off, though and I have never been a fan of forced manual reloading, but that's more of a personal thing.

We certainly need more 3DGE mods of this caliber.

I have to ask, am I the only one experiencing "sliding casings" in the latest build of 3DGE?
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

Yeah, its a bug with some of the new math code -- will be fixed in the next build. :)
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

ty very much for the feedback!

-Mauser offsets, is it too close to the dot? I wanted to line it up for the barrel to the crosshair, and its more of a long range rifle so I showed more of it

-Can do on making the whip's distance longer

-The Ammo counter stuff is often bugged from the PRIORITIES defined in the weapons. I can try ajusting it to different priorities, but most of the times it hasnt fixed this issue

-I can make the glaive have a sort of end counter to remind the player that it needs to be reloaded! Maybe a sound or some weird effects, nothing on screen though

-TBH I prefer non automatic reloading, but I can see about providing a dl link with a check reloads definition at the end of the weapons for those who prefer it

-The casing is more because I still reuse a lot of my old code for smaller/frivelous things. Its old modificed code from awhile ago. you may notice the blood code is still the same too. Its more a thing on my end to make new code, just doing those things tend to just be more of a chore for me, idk. Just a laziness thing! I can see if I can figure out the weird sliding casing thing tho

Return to “Gameplay Mods”