Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Average

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by Average »

So, after a year of intending to play through Daedalus with Metroid Dreadnought I tried it this afternoon. Sadly, it doesn't seem to work. :(

The first part of the map runs fine but when I enter the first transporter the engine seems to get stuck in a loop. It just plays the transporter tube animation ad infinitum...

I'm using GZDoom. I don't know if it's a compatibility issue with Daedalus and newer builds of GZDoom or with Metroid Dreadnought itself...

Is there any possibility at all that it could be tweaked so that they all play together nicely? It seems such a shame to two WAD's that are so perfectly matched in tone but won't play together...
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Average wrote:So, after a year of intending to play through Daedalus with Metroid Dreadnought I tried it this afternoon. Sadly, it doesn't seem to work. :(

The first part of the map runs fine but when I enter the first transporter the engine seems to get stuck in a loop. It just plays the transporter tube animation ad infinitum...

I'm using GZDoom. I don't know if it's a compatibility issue with Daedalus and newer builds of GZDoom or with Metroid Dreadnought itself...

Is there any possibility at all that it could be tweaked so that they all play together nicely? It seems such a shame to two WAD's that are so perfectly matched in tone but won't play together...
Just tried playing Daedalus with Demonsteele 0.82 and a few other mods, and I had no problems. I saw the full intro and everything. Couldn't move one of the boxes for an early secret, but that's solved with noclip, so I'm not fussed about that.

Then played through with dreadnought and was able to take the first transporter to the next map, though the intro sequence was skipped and the box can't be moved, so there is that.

I'm using gzdoom-g2.1.pre-1159-gfbefe13, so go ahead use that one. It's the second one under the most recent build.

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it worked for me too, and i've played Daedalus with a bunch of different weapon mods, from DRLA to Project MSX to this one. might be a bug that's been fixed in the GZDoom version you're using.
Average

Post by Average »

That's really weird. I have the latest build so I'll give the previous build a try. I really think these 2 WAD's should be the perfect match... :)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

if it's the latest build doing this, then yes, something might've finally broken in Daedalus. there's already a bug in one of the conveyor belts of hub 2, which doesn't push you forward enough to reach the deck of the ship. you have to give yourself a boost forward to get around it.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

To keep me busy and inspired to work on maps, I've decided to juggle between Half-A-Megawad and a project I am building to go along with this fantastic mod.

I don't know what I'll call it, but I'm going to combine aspects of Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 1 to make it.
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

I can't wait to see your Metroid maps. A correctly coded Doom Engine version of Metroid Prime would indeed be awesome!
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

koopanique wrote:I can't wait to see your Metroid maps. A correctly coded Doom Engine version of Metroid Prime would indeed be awesome!
There won't be much of anything super fancy with 'em, sadly. I'm still pretty new to mapping. I will do my best to make them enjoyable.
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

Just a few maps in a Metroid setting/atmosphere would make my day
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

I know it's been more than a year, but this crashes with decorate errors when I try to launch it with the latest gzdoom, which really bums me out, because I really like this.

here's the log:

Code: Select all

ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Tried to register class 'BoostBallCount' more than once.
Warning: 'Object' is freed outside the GC process.
Script error, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/beams/chromastorm.dec" line 1:
'BT_ATTACK' is already defined in 'Global'.
Warning: 'Object' is freed outside the GC process.
Script error, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/beams/chromastorm.dec" line 2:
'BT_ALTATTACK' is already defined in 'Global'.
Script warning, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/items.dec" line 750:
Unknown class name 'LascannonBurstHaze2'
Script warning, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/items.dec" line 751:
Script warning, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/items.dec" line 752:
Script warning, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/beams/chromastorm.dec" line 374:
Unknown class name 'RuneSpread'
Script warning, "metroiddreadnought.pk3:decorate/beams/chargecombos.dec" line 601:
Unknown class name 'LasGunTrail'

Execution could not continue.
2 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And on top of that, Every single of download links seems doesn't work at all. Is this only happening to me?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Captain J wrote:And on top of that, Every single of download links seems doesn't work at all. Is this only happening to me?
The downloads were hosted at **LINK_DISABLED**. You will probably find them intact at whatever BE's successor was called (its name escapes me at the moment).
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

wildweasel wrote:You will probably find them intact at whatever BE's successor was called (its name escapes me at the moment).
http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wads/
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

wildweasel wrote:The downloads were hosted at **LINK_DISABLED**. You will probably find them intact at whatever BE's successor was called (its name escapes me at the moment).
Apparently i don't know what their successor is. That would make people who didn't realized busy to find the download links or the successors.

Thankfully, wad-archive shares the mod and other versions so it was not-a-problem. But still the download link should be always fine.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Captain J wrote:Apparently i don't know what their successor is. That would make people who didn't realized busy to find the download links or the successors.
Dude, I just posted the link to its successor... The only way you could have missed that is by either ignoring my post..... Or Im on your "foe" list. :lol: O well. :3:
Last edited by JimpArgon on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”