Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZioMcCall

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by ZioMcCall »

sweety80 wrote:•Alternate HUD (by TheDarkArchon)

HI-res Textures by freelanzer:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jtfre ... olfTex.pk3

SOD Hi-res Textures by freelanzer:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iw9t1 ... SodTex.pk3
Groovy.This texture pack work even on my Brutal wolfenstein mod,see use the same maps of Laz Rojas.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

It would be nice if Wolfendoom's textures didn't replace Doom's textures
Spoiler:
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Out of curiosity, would these be compatible with WildWeasel's NAZIS! mod?
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Last I checked, they are to an extent.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

For the record: I am still working on this!

At least there is one thing left I'd like to do: Merge parts that belong together. This affects:
- Operation Arctic Wolf, parts 1+2 (merge into one coherent episode)
- Operation Rheingold, Episode 1+2 (put into one pack, but as separate episodes to select via menu)
- The Portal + Astrostein 1 + Astrostein 2 + Astrostein 3 (put into one pack, but as separate episodes to select via menu)[/b]

JPL has just pulled off a similar task with his WadSmoosh project. I have contacted him to determine whether a merge of the episodes above is technically possible.
Last edited by NightFright on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Very good, looking forward to this :)
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Do it, I say! In Arctic Wolf's case, I don't see why I have to stop halfway through to change the WAD. When I start part 2, I lose everything!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

In the meantime, I have uploaded a rollup release (v1.1) which includes all updated addons. No additional fixes have been applied since Oct 21, 2015, but if you are downloading only now and want all the latest files including updated readmes/changelogs, you just need a single download again.
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

I've registered just to say that this is incredible work you're doing and I'm very much looking forward to continued consolidation and polish. This is a ton of great content and anything to make it more readily accessible is of great benefit and respect to the authors.

Perhaps you could also consider a "starters pack" like Brutal Doom, where an engine is included and shortcuts are provided to start the games. This would make these games immediately playable by anybody who downloads them. (freedoom2.wad can be used to replace the legal requirement for DOOM2.wad)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

I don't know if a "starter edition" is needed. If you use launchers like ZDoom Executor, it's actually quite easy already to get these addons to run with ZDoom. I am not sure what they would look like with FreeDoom, but I will take a look at it later maybe.

Until now, I haven't really found a way to merge Arctic Wolf/Rheingold/Astrostein. JPL explained to me how his tool works, and it can only pull it off via MAPINFO (I have created those files, but they are rather patches and don't contain all the info needed). My biggest problem are still conflicts of actors/textures from different addons with identical definition slots. Textures and sprites of the merged maps would need to be remapped, decoration/dehacked code merged and other quite ugly stuff. Not sure if I feel up to the task, but I will keep trying to find a way.
Purity666

Post by Purity666 »

Good afternoon,

I have to second Kroc. Thanks for all the effort, to clean this up and make it easier to use for us - it's really appreciated!

Are there any other "wolfenDoom"-like adventures comparable to Laz' scenarios which could be added to this or which might be worth a try?

Has anyone asked Laz if he started on the remaining Rheingold episodes, so that someone could take over or are there even fan-made expansions of Operation Rheingold?

Keep up the great work.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

I don't think he's in any shape to start anything. Last I heard, he was out on the streets. I suggested we hire him for something, but all that did was get the thread locked.
Purity666

Post by Purity666 »

I'm sorry to hear that :-(
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Don't know if this has been linked to here or not...

It's got quite a bit of detail about how Laz's life has been going if anyone is interested.
Purity666

Post by Purity666 »

Interesting but also very sad on the other hand :-(

Even more important to keep his work alive I think! That said, I've scrutinised the things he did more closely and stumbled over his macintosh versions of his mods. As I understood, these include graphics with an higher resolution than the PC version. While checking several thread and hundreds of postings, I've found several attemps to rip off these parts (for example here viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48738), recreate them from scratch (for example here viewtopic.php?f=46&t=48769) or ports of them for ECWolf (for example here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51748). Something I couldn't find though was an texture update (with higher resolution) for WolfenDoom in special. Excuse my (perhaps stupid) question but is it that tricky to create, is no one interested in something like this or does it has any special reason? As far as I can tell, most resources are already available (even some rotating bosses). Perhaps I just missed the rub in it (I'm still a newbie in doom modding) but hasn't someone tried or is willing to give this series of missions some graphical update? Perhaps someone could give me a hand or some kind of introduction so that I can understand the problem or even better, try to start a project like this myself? (I tried some "hires" files like the ones of freelanzer but they don't work with Laz' files although they look fine with the original missions and spear of destiny hence this is no real option. Also using ECWolf instead of ZDoom is no option for me either as I want to play them on my RaspberryPi - there is no ECWolf port.)

Sorry again, if these are stupid questions - I'm still trying to work one's way into all this.

Greetings

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”