DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LogicalFallacy

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Test builds pg. 55/56]

Post by LogicalFallacy »

So have it so maps are only accepted if they are already formatted to just plug and play? That could work, except that there would still need to be extensive testing to make sure nothing horribly broke, and there's no conflicting textures or texture definitions, and so on and so forth.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Okay, finally pretty content with MAP70.
  • Made some rooms a little prettier, including fixing some visual errors that appeared in Software mode (though given the dark room relies heavily on brightmaps, I don't advise playing Software mode, even if the map's totally beatable that way).
  • Added some ambient sounds.
  • Fixed the lift noise coming from the wrong spot in the slime cave.
  • Frustrated with being unable to figure out why one polyobject switch would consistently crash people's games while it doesn't on mine, I turned it into a shoot switch instead. I'd say "try crashing now", but that's tempting fate. Please don't crash anymore.
  • Added a new teleport effect derived from the actual Quake code (though it tends to freeze the game for a split-second if you do it too many times at once - the three Revenants spawning at the same time cause this consistently, but it's all hunky-dory once that's said and done).
  • Difficulty flags. Well, for HNTR, anyway. HMP and UV are still more or less the same (barring the boss taking an extra hit in UV to put down).
Dunno if there's anything left to do, barring maybe purging out any unused assets for file size consideration.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Alrighty, sat down and did all the updating and adding that I hadn't done while I was distracted by having less teeth. Pretty cool stuff all round, some nice updates to guns, some all new ones that passed the quality test. I'm very pleased with how this is developing so far, and want to thank everyone who's been putting forth their best efforts even while I wasn't really around much.

Will put out the next test build in a day or two, hopefully. I'm gonna go to sleep now, I spent all day doing this, hahaha. I'm wrecked.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Can't wait to try out the new weapons and levels tests. Although I am still going to say my favorite thing ever is that mini revenant / mini doomguy revenant LOL. Literally the funniest thing I have seen in doom in a long time.

Anyways, take your time Yholl....
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Here's my, hopefully final, update to my Pet Lost Soul weapon. Special shout out goes to Captain J and President People for helping to supply some hand sprites! Thank you!
Attachments
Beed28_DUMP3Weapon_PetLostSoul_WIP3.wad
(139.46 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Beed28 wrote:Here's my, hopefully final, update to my Pet Lost Soul weapon.
Are those TEXTURES entries actually even used? I've had a few people submit stuff with resources that are never even used, it's a bit of a headache to sort out.
EDIT: DISREGARD I'M A MORON

Also, the next weapon test build will be released simultaneously with the next map test build, whenever that is. Pretty cool stuff.
Last edited by Yholl on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSoldiersShadow

Post by TheSoldiersShadow »

Is the project over? Or is there still room for more maps?
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

I asked the same thing a few pages back. I would assume if the project was over, Terminus or Yholl would have made some sort of official announcement or cut off date. So in essence, you should still be good to submit something.
ijon

Post by ijon »

at this rate the hub map will never be done

(no i'm not making it, just sayin)

also there was an official cutoff, it was a month and a half ago
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

ijon wrote:at this rate the hub map will never be done

(no i'm not making it, just sayin)

also there was an official cutoff, it was a month and a half ago
Well im sure that there will be another official announcement on the cut off date. I mean, hell.... They are still releasing test packs for both weapons and maps. Im sure the end is near though.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

JimpArgon wrote:Im sure the end is near though.
Im sure too, Jimp. Im sure too.

Well, at least my black, easy, very average level is optional.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

JimpArgon wrote:Well im sure that there will be another official announcement on the cut off date.
Announcement, please do not submit any new maps. Only map updates and weapon updates are accepted now.

This delay is getting kind of ridiculous, and each additional thing to integrate only makes it crazier. :P
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

^ I'm only asking so others do not have to.

Do you have a cut off date on map and weapon updates?
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

i've now decided to remove my plasmagun from the pack, reasons already mentioned
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Weird...why did this topic lowered to page 3 ? Even Dump 2 is higher by being on page 2.

Are peoples not posting anymore or did they lose interest ?

Anyway im bumping it to put the topic back on track.

Say,where is the progression of the wad,is it finished yet ?

Return to “Levels”