[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2b

Post by Zanieon »

In fact i can't wait to release Rarlocan Main Base, i'm 90% done with it, but i still have to make some few other things before release it like add at least Ranerion as a new Tamer Of The Dark to fight against and finish the revamped vehicle code, at the moment that map have around 2000 monsters, most are just a giant horde of imps and vulgars but they are easily killable by Trakion Cannon and the horde moments also provides powerups, so things goes fair at least.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2b

Post by Zanieon »

Alright guys, the base is now complete!

I reduced the monster count to 1500 for performance and balance sanity, here is the last round of screenshots:
Spoiler:
Now i'm going to work in Ranerion to include her into the core gameplay, with many hope i will try to finish the titlemap and make another version of that to be the main hub, i also think in make Baerhon's Realm where he will be located (which is where the Portal after Mehanir links to).
jdredalert

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2b (Rarlocan Main Base Complete

Post by jdredalert »

I feel pity of my notebook, really... But this looks awesome anyway. I'll regret nothing! Bring the dungeon on!
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

I agree the maps look amazing! By the way, I see you said you reduced the monster count for performance sake, which is fine.

But I was wondering something... Would it still hinder performance and/or would it be possible to make it that you would have only have 1500 monsters on the map at a time, but have it teleport more monsters when the monster count hit say 500? Is that possible? Its just a thought anyways.

Regardless, looking forward to your work.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

jdredalert wrote:I feel pity of my notebook, really... But this looks awesome anyway. I'll regret nothing! Bring the dungeon on!
Ah yeah a new feature that i forgot to mention that i added is the gore now being configurable in amount, because for more that i love Cynetik Striker Cannon or Dark Matter Gun making a gorefest in their path, the lag is not so awesome to see, so i made the gore to be limited trough the menu.
JimpArgon wrote:But I was wondering something... Would it still hinder performance and/or would it be possible to make it that you would have only have 1500 monsters on the map at a time, but have it teleport more monsters when the monster count hit say 500? Is that possible? Its just a thought anyways.
I could do such thing, but this is something that i will leave for when i start making the Tower Defense maps, and yeah i will try make such gametype in the mod, because of Sanctum reasons :wink:
Last edited by Zanieon on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2b (Ranerion is coming)

Post by Zanieon »

She is coming to wreck some players with her huge Cannon, i still need make some proper effects for her atm to differ a bit more from Veridion, then she's ready to go!
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Dude! She looks awesome!

Is that foot stomp attack avoidable? Watching your video, it seems like no matter what direction you are running she will always spawn on top of you and smash you. I take it you had godmode on.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Holy cow, that looks awesome. :D

That teleportation looks like it's going to get reeeeeeaaaaaally annoying really fast.

Who did the voice for her?

Also, when's that new map coming out? I heard it was all done, yet there's no download...
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

JimpArgon wrote:Dude! She looks awesome!

Is that foot stomp attack avoidable? Watching your video, it seems like no matter what direction you are running she will always spawn on top of you and smash you. I take it you had godmode on.
Yeah it is avoidable, if you rocket jump while she is teleporting out you can evade her foot stomp, just always whish luck to she not use her cannon to ground pound because that attack is made of the regular hitscan melee, so vertical distance will not save you from taking damage.

The teleport skill of the Tamers is kinda random in the location, i didn't use A_Warp to keep this behavior but still they will always tend to teleport closer to their target.

I also used god mode because Tamers are meant for Cooperative, they can be beatable in Singleplayer only if you use a vehicle but recently i increased the damage of their melee attacks with the weapons (Veridion slicing with his Scythe and Ranerion pounding the Cannon to the floor) to be lethal even for vehicles whose have a high resistance to melee, if you stay on foot against them, you probably will survive for 20 seconds before they take away all your armor and health.
DoomKrakken wrote:Holy cow, that looks awesome. :D

That teleportation looks like it's going to get reeeeeeaaaaaally annoying really fast.

Who did the voice for her?

Also, when's that new map coming out? I heard it was all done, yet there's no download...
All Tamers do that teleportation, seems you didn't see the videos with Veridion showing his skills :lol:

Her voice comes from Hellgate Global, the "Fury" spectral-type monster.

About the map...
..the rest of the changes i need do.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

While I didn't check if you used that but... concerning performance, why not make a special version for GZDoom with DistanceCheck tweaks?
BTW screens looks awesomely grinny so far... :wub:
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Currently i think that is not necessary, from the pile of optimizations i have been doing on code side, i managed to get like 300 monsters on screen and still a solid 40FPS at least, of course before the gorefest starts, after it, depending on the computer it can have hiccups on fps due to the massacre and tons of pieces flying around, currently even that i managed to reduce trough sv_corpsequeuesize, the gore is now controlled by this variable so even with wads like Chillax, typing "kill monsters" on console will not freeze the engine for like 1~2 minutes anymore, all you get is just 1~2 seconds of low FPS now, it is still a performance issue but alot better than a freeze for a minute.

At the moment i am already using some features of GZDoom that will probably come out in Zandronum only in 4.0 version, however i have to keep my code in the middle of the bridge between both because that makes things easier to downgrade to Zandronum later until it syncs up to ZDoom.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7.2b (V2.8 in Aug/19)

Post by Zanieon »

Bump to say that i already posted the changelog of Version 2.8 in first post which will arrive tomorrow, i will make this one day delay for two reasons, first because it's weekend and second because i need do a test in Zandronum 3.0 so i'll see if i can also release a Zandronum 3.0 strand tomorrow.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.8 (Rarlocan Main Base Released!)

Post by Zanieon »

Triple post and necessary bump.

Rarlocan Main Base is released as well the revised Baerhon's Lair maps, difficulties have been lowered for single-player.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

How the hell do you destroy the Arcane/Blood Stones?

Suggestion for the Trakion Cannon...

Could you make it so that the old behavior for the Trakion Cannon (rapid fire blasts costing 3 battery cells per shot) is reinstated to primary fire, and give it an alt-fire which will do the newer, more recent behavior (floor-hugging blast trail)?

Also, it'd be nice if the Trakion Cannon didn't fire a projectile that has to hit the floor in order to spawn that explosion trail. Seems too inefficient. It'd be cool if it spawned some explosion that can heavily damage enemies if they're too close to your front, and then have the weapon itself spawn that awesome blast trail.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Press F1 in the supposed maps and that will show you the bosses mechanics which in case tells to use Chaingun on Bloodstones and Railgun on Arcane ones.

As for Trakion Cannon, i'm thinking in add an Alt Fire for all weapons, though i have to think what all of them will have yet, so far i've just though about Grenade Launcher, Trakion Cannon and Nailgun.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”