scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - IT'S BACK!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
scalliano

Re: scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - IT'S BACK!!

Post by scalliano »

I'm more or less done with this version of the project TBH. I have a revised version in the works with a much better organized .pk3 layout which will ultimately enable me to add in specific options that simply aren't possible with the current build. Can't guarantee when it will be finished as the bloated nature of the mod means that the export/reimport/recoding process is a slow and painful one and I really want to get ToPII out of my hair first.

If you want to try and get your head around this mess of an archive for your own use, be my guest, but there are a couple of issues I have with someone else carrying on with the mod.

When I started this project, I had a very clear set of rules regarding what was eligible for inclusion and what wasn't. I originally released it during the height of AEoD's popularity and I was adamant that it would not be a cheap clone. That's why I decided that it could contain only assets that were either in the Doom style or had at least been included in popular Doom-themed mods (hence the inclusion of DN3D-based stuff from UTnT, Winter's Fury, etc). That is why it is so small compared to other randomizer mods - other mods just had everything chucked in willy-nilly with no rhyme or reason. This is also why, for example, there are only two angled weapons in the entire mod.

The other thing is that this collection contains assets that I specifically had to ask permission for such as the LoS weapons and enemies, so there's stuff in there that can't necessarily be reused in someone else's release. That could potentially land me in hot water and it's been so long that I can't remember which other proprietary stuff is included. I'd rather not risk it.

I can appreciate that this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but as a wise man once said, please understand.
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Thats ok. You've made a great mod and It's given me so much more out of Doom.
Just one last closing question...

...What's the point of the PDA if you can save anyway?
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Well, I figured, what the hell? :P

Nah, it was originally created as a map asset for R667 as a means for mappers to add checkpoints to their maps without breaking the flow of the game.

For the record, this mod isn't dead per se, but any future release will most likely have a new thread (and probably a new title, too, given that the mod has kind of grown beyond the confines of the R667 repo).

But mark my words, you'll love the changes I have planned.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

scalliano wrote:Well, I figured, what the hell? :P

Nah, it was originally created as a map asset for R667 as a means for mappers to add checkpoints to their maps without breaking the flow of the game.

For the record, this mod isn't dead per se, but any future release will most likely have a new thread (and probably a new title, too, given that the mod has kind of grown beyond the confines of the R667 repo).

But mark my words, you'll love the changes I have planned.
I just wanted to say that I like running this mod with random wads and I cannot WAIT to see what you come up next!
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

that means that the mod is not dead :D ?
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Welp.
I tried adding some new monsters/weapons to the mix Via Slade, but doing so caused some existing weapons to have no slot number causing me to be unable to switch without tossing.

I suppose I should just wait for these "Changes"
Thankfully Im a patient man.
Khold

Post by Khold »

Dear Scalliano, will you release a new version of your mod in the near future?

I like Scalliano's 667 Shuffle!, and i hope, you will resurrect it again.
doomguy214

lite version of this (that only replaces monsters) of Scalli

Post by doomguy214 »

Does any one have a lite version of this (that only replaces monsters) of Scalliano's 667 Shuffle mentioned in the comment here i cant find it anywhere
http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... 67-shuffle
Khold

Post by Khold »

I have no lite version, but you can download a newer version of this mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... 667-update

Anybody knows, is Scalliano working on the new version?
hunterman123

Post by hunterman123 »

Khold wrote:I have no lite version, but you can download a newer version of this mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... 667-update

Anybody knows, is Scalliano working on the new version?
Don't think so, I can probably update it with new stuff but that requires permission.
Khold

Post by Khold »

Could you do it please? :) I think, if Scalliano has no time to work on it, he will give you the permission :)
Vomi

Post by Vomi »

Hunterman, Scalliano gave you the permission? You spoke with him?
hunterman123

Post by hunterman123 »

I didn't, I just said that to update it I would need to ask him.
Vomi

Post by Vomi »

I understand. I hope, somebody will do it...
scalliano

Re: scalliano's 667 Shuffle!

Post by scalliano »

Okay, sit-rep to prevent further unnecessary bumpage (and PM's).

This version of Shuffle is no longer supported. However, this does NOT mean that Shuffle is dead. Far from it. Keep an eye on the WIP thread and the Projects forum in the coming days and weeks. I have plans for this puppy ...
Spoiler:
Mods, please lock this thread.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”