[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LadySlash

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7

Post by LadySlash »

Zanieon wrote:i am thinking in change Kamikaze's behavior to be a powerup which activates only on player's death as it happens in Q3TA when player doesn't activate by himself
That sounds good. However, I think player still should be able to activate Kamikaze whenever he/she wants, but it's all up to you. :)
And, as far as I know, in Q3TA the Kamikaze is disabled if its carrier is gibbed. So, will this feature be persent here?
Zanieon wrote:also change the OEDB behavior to be a one-shot strike laser, in the style of Ion Cannon from Command & Conquer.
That must be even more devastating comparing to the present OEDB! :P Btw, will that grant its user with Excellent medal(s) or it is going to follow the path of Cynetik Striker Cannon?
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Probably i will make it trigger the explosion instantly if the player is gibbed.

And i think it will behave like CSC for giving Excellent Medals.

Tho the project is kinda halted atm because i want finish the UAC Vinur Prime Research Base first to then keep going on Rarlocan Main Base and then proceed to Baerhon's Realm and probably include Ranerion as another boss alongside Veridion.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The Hunter's Moon Music pack does not have new music for Maps 29-32. Is this intentional?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Again?

I really dunno what's wrong with your game tho, cuz the musics replaces the stuff on my side, maybe is something additional you're using? (as i know you like make a giant salad of parts from many mods)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'm not running this thing with Hunter's Moon. Is that what it is?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Probably not, the music pack is literally the Doom 2 music lumps replaced with Quake 2/Quake 3 musics it should work with anything else due to that.
curbdog

Post by curbdog »

Hello. Amazing work. I have in gzdoom.ini:

Path=HuntersMoonV2.7.pk3
Path=HMMapBosses.pk3
Path=HMMapCore.pk3
Path=HMMapPack.wad

But it's playing the commercial Doom 1 levels and not any custom maps. Is this normal behavior?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Well i think it's better you use a launcher instead of directly adress the files in gzdoom.ini.

Anyway, when starting a new game in Ultimate Doom, the mod's episode should appear below "Thy Flesh Consumed" as "Temple's Dungeon", select it to play the mod's maps instead of regular Doom levels.
curbdog

Post by curbdog »

Zanieon wrote:Well i think it's better you use a launcher instead of directly adress the files in gzdoom.ini.

Anyway, when starting a new game in Ultimate Doom, the mod's episode should appear below "Thy Flesh Consumed" as "Temple's Dungeon", select it to play the mod's maps instead of regular Doom levels.
OMG it's gorgeous. The commercial levels are a blast to play with this mod as well. Love the models, weapons and the enemy AI. Definite wow factor in every aspect of it.

I think there's a java launcher for here in Linux, but I don't use java applications very often.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Well for who watched the video of the laser corridor those pictures is nothing much new, but i decided took them for anyone that want look at the details:
Spoiler:
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

This is what Quake III Arena should have been! Lots of lovely 3d stuff here!
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

leodoom85

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.7 (Rarlocan Main Base 50% done)

Post by leodoom85 »

One word: IMPRESSIVE!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Bugs to report...

While I'm playing, I keep getting error messages that say "ACS: I don't know what 'SpawnGun' is."

Also, I tried the Hunter's Moon Music Pack with Hunter's Moon itself, finally. I skipped to Maps 29 and 30, and there's still no new music for it. If it's somewhere in the Hunter's Moon file itself, then I have no idea where it is. I don't see any music replacement code for Maps 29 and 30. And I certainly see no files in either Hunter's Moon or the Music Pack that are entitled "D_SHAWN3" or "D_OPENIN".
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I envy you guys whom can play this mod :)
What is this BGM from Rarlocan level? I do not remember it from neither Q2 or Q3. Also, since I might as well ask you here: what is the Tratikon Cannon, exactly? It seems to me like an unusual directed electricty weapon. Do you have any tangible concept behind it?

By the way: looking at comments under the demo, it seems like you got raided by some salty pseudo-'indie' developer and his cronies. I sense dramatic butthurt in someone that cannot accept that old game mods are more popular than his creations. You know that someone is full of sh** accussing you of stolen content when Sergeant Mark IV, of all people, defends you from them :lol: :lol: :lol: (no offence meant to SgtMkIV, he seems to have dropped his no-giving-credit act). Yeah, blaming you that you stole content, even though the mod is free :lol: . Because basically converting Q3A into Doom is not impressive at all. Also, have somebody seen those Doomguy&Crash's statues anywhere else, for starters? Not to mention how difficult can be to make industrial/base themed maps that look interesting, especially that big. Oh well, this is not the place for arguing with internet raiders - but as earlier in Zion's case, I am will not honour those half-wits with Youtube comments, even if they try hard to make me do so. (Also: giving Ninja Theory as your reference? The guys behind two average hack-and-slash games and the steaming pile of turd that is Devil May Cry's "reboot"? Just please :shock: :roll: :lol: )

Anyway - keep developing Hunter's Moon, Zanieon!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”