STRIFE UNCUT [UPDATED TO 1.5!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zaero

Re: STRIFE UNCUT v1.2 [UPDATED!]

Post by Zaero »

Doominer441 wrote:As far as I can tell, that's not mentioned anywhere in the readme.txt. And yes, I did read it.
"There is another way to get to the prison: You can take Harris's quest, get the Chalice (you wont find it before)" - this means the chalice can be found only if you're on your way to the prison = took the 2nd quest. I tried to not be so obvious in the ReadMe to not spoil the gameplay, especially when most of the features are not hidden and can be found easily, usually in the very beginning of the game.

Current Progress:
*Land mines can be disarmed ad hoc using the remote.
*Crossbow code optimized - fixed bug with electric arrow being used on the first poison arrow launch.
*Green and Red totems are now found on the ground (fixed bug in Ruined temple which prevented progression - thanks 4thcharacter) instead of being dropped by enemies.
Last edited by Zaero on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quake161

Re: STRIFE UNCUT [RELEASED!]

Post by Quake161 »

Just noticed something when Macil gives you the pistol.
I was trying it out in the shooting range when everyone became an enemy and attacked me, including Macil.

Just a heads up
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

Quake161 wrote:Just noticed something when Macil gives you the pistol.
I was trying it out in the shooting range when everyone became an enemy and attacked me, including Macil.

Just a heads up
Shooting the firearm inside the base used to make them hostile. The only exception is the firing range, when it is locked and sealed. Maybe you've fired the gun too early, when bars did not lock yet?
Quake161

Post by Quake161 »

Appears so. My error.
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

Expect to find the new version this weekend.
Can anyone provide the good looking templar gib animation? I could use it in the next release.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.moddb.com/mods/strife-uncut/ ... e-uncut-12
Just like I promised ;)
Athel

Post by Athel »

Hi, I apologize tremendously for the bump, put I have a question about a certain part. I'm at the part where it needs the blue crystal and the part won'tlet me opass unless I get one. How do I get around this? Or has this been fixed! Thanks in advance!
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

fellowzdoomer wrote:Hi, I apologize tremendously for the bump, put I have a question about a certain part. I'm at the part where it needs the blue crystal and the part won'tlet me opass unless I get one. How do I get around this? Or has this been fixed! Thanks in advance!
If I remember right the blue crystal key is in the Conversion Chapel. It wasn't touched by me so the solution should be the same as in the vanilla game.
Zaero

Re: STRIFE UNCUT [UPDATED TO 1.4!]

Post by Zaero »

I decided to bump the topic to let you all know that version 1.4 is ready for anyone to grab. With this release I tried to finally fix all the bugs, dead-ends and possible sequence breaks. Made the complete playthrough with this version to make sure everything is fine - I was able to finish the game with no problem. To reward all the players dedicated to the mod I also added a new weapon, as well as some new effects to existing ones. Unless new bug reports will come, please consider this a final version. Have Fun! :D
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Bug Report: http://imgur.com/Mtnnyo0
Just what happened when I used Fullscreen HUD
Alternative link, since image is shy to show itself aka it's bad image showing, fuck that
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Bug Report: http://imgur.com/Mtnnyo0
Just what happened when I used Fullscreen HUD
Alternative link, since image is shy to show itself aka it's bad image showing, fuck that
Thanks for your support.
First of all, the mod was designed for the official GZDoom release, not g2.2pre-2013-g4e8a96a, as development versions may cause problems.
I will try to track down the bug, but I need more details: what's your game resolution and hud settings in options? Does the original statusbar work properly?
For now I see that the HUD is shifted to the left, probably because offsets are not scaling, they're fixed values. Give me more info, maybe I can do something about it.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It happens to me too, and my resolution's 800x600.

However, I like the original hud that it replaces. Is there a way to make the hud replace the other original hud instead?
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

4thcharacter wrote:It happens to me too, and my resolution's 800x600.

However, I like the original hud that it replaces. Is there a way to make the hud replace the other original hud instead?
Can you provide some screenshot? What are the other settings you have. As for the question I think I don't understand - the original HUD (with altammo counter) is also available, when screen is shrinked, so its: windowed -> statusbar -> statusstripe -> nohud.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by snarkel »

Would this be safe to play before finishing Strife for the first time or should I beat the game in Vanilla before I try this? Besides that, this looks amazing! I cant wait to try it either way!
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It's exactly the same as QuakeDoomNukem. The numbers are out of place and the items get in the way.

This is my preferred original hud I'm talking about actually:

Since it looks fine as it was back then I'd say keep this and make the above replace the other original hud.
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

snarkel wrote:Would this be safe to play before finishing Strife for the first time or should I beat the game in Vanilla before I try this? Besides that, this looks amazing! I cant wait to try it either way!
Yes, it would be fine. I playtested the newest version to make sure it can be completed. To be more precise, it's even better to first play with the mod, since it fixed some of the dead-ends which may occur to the "first timers".

EDIT: However, if you're already mid-game, you should finish it as-is. The mod is best played since the start, otherwise bugs may occur.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”