Doom SNES music pack

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Clownman

Doom SNES music pack

Post by Clownman »

I got bored so I whipped this together. This isn't just your regular port of the SNES soundtrack as it features the removed tunes from the game, remixed by Patricio Herrerea from YouTube.

I'll consider adding Doom 2's music to the pack at a later date.

But for now, you can download right here: https://www.mediafire.com/?5iuaoh33u674ito
Shadow Hog

Re: Doom SNES music pack

Post by Shadow Hog »

I can understand using OGG files for the tracks that didn't already exist, but isn't it kind of a waste to use OGGs over SPC files for the ones that do? We're talking 3.64MiB vs.64.5 KiB, in the case of "Dark Halls" (E1M3). Not to mention, the SNES originals seem to have more reverb that these versions lack...
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Doom 2 didn't have a SNES release, so i don't know what you'd possibly add in to the pack later...

also, as Shadow Hog said, ZDoom has support for a wide variety of music formats, SPC being one of them, and those songs being ripped from the games has the addition of having gapless looping playback too, so there's not much point in releasing an OGG version of this. i don't know if the cut tracks are in the game data files or not, but even then, you could cut down on file-size dramatically by having everything else that IS in the game be SPC.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

These were created by playing back the original midis with a soundfont, linked in the descriptions of those videos above. Thanks to the technology of soundfonts, it's just as easy to DIY with BASSMIDI instead of loading this music pack.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:Doom 2 didn't have a SNES release, so i don't know what you'd possibly add in to the pack later...

also, as Shadow Hog said, ZDoom has support for a wide variety of music formats, SPC being one of them, and those songs being ripped from the games has the addition of having gapless looping playback too, so there's not much point in releasing an OGG version of this. i don't know if the cut tracks are in the game data files or not, but even then, you could cut down on file-size dramatically by having everything else that IS in the game be SPC.
I was planning on adding the dude's Doom 2 remixes he made which are SNES styled. Anyways, The main reason I used OGG was because primarily he didn't link any of the raw SCP files of his remixes, That and I have used a SNES Doom soundfont from some random site years ago and it was rather buggy if I recall with pieces of songs getting extremely loud... And not even running it with the original Doom MIDIs sounded correct... At all.

Also, no. These cut tracks were not in any of the actual cartridges. This dude happened to remix them and I got the idea of compiling them into a usable thing for ZDoom safe to say.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”