DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Action Max

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Deadline extended to 20th!]

Post by Action Max »

I should have also said that my map uses quite a few scripts, all numbered, since I couldn't figure out how to execute named scripts. So there may be conflict issues but, since I started numbering with script 2718, probably not.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Action Max wrote:I should have also said that my map uses quite a few scripts, all numbered, since I couldn't figure out how to execute named scripts. So there may be conflict issues but, since I started numbering with script 2718, probably not.
I broke your map twice on my first test.

The cacodemons you need to kill in the yellow key room are not actually restricted to the yellow key room. They left, making progression impossible, because the door shuts permanently.

The teleports in the blue key room can teleport you inside of the polyobjects, perfectly harmlessly.
Abysswalker

Post by Abysswalker »

I decided to just make the lost soul spawns in my map finite, so here's the final version, until I get some feedback: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wtjj1 ... 282%29.wad
Action Max

Post by Action Max »

Yholl wrote:
Action Max wrote:I should have also said that my map uses quite a few scripts, aIl numbered, since I couldn't figure out how to execute named scripts. So there may be conflict issues but, since I started numbering with script 2718, probably not.
I broke your map twice on my first test. The cacodemons you need to kill in the yellow key room are not actually restricted to the yellow key room. They left, making progression impossible, because the door shuts permanently.

The teleports in the blue key room can teleport you inside of the polyobjects, perfectly harmlessly.
EDIT: Fixed both issues.

[url]ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xWmOI7IYl3WG4xN3A5YzVtU00/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Changes:
The lines marking out the yellow key room now block the cacodemons
Shortly before the polyobjects collide, the teleporters raise and become inaccessible, preventing the player from getting stuck inside a polyobject.
Last edited by Action Max on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
floatRand

Post by floatRand »

Oops, I have to push a fix to my previous submission.

my.mixtape.moe/xmtmzm.zip

Basically just makes it bit more sure that you can kill every monster in the map. There was accidents where chaingunners fell into a pool and became unshootable essentially.
Updated previous link.
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

Here is the proper version of my map, everything should be working now, though UV difficulty might need nerfing.
Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/npmhuw
Name: Not Another Tech Base
Credits: Song is the intro for AEOD v4
Quote: I don't like this map, but at least it exists

new link, now with more ammo and door tracks
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Updated my map (old post). Same download URL as before; just redownload please.

Changes:
  • Changed the music from D_ROMERO to two MIDI adaptations of Quake music by Jay "SilentZora" Reichard (specifically, "Parallel Dimensions" and "Quake Theme"/"Persia Inversion"). Also added D_BLANK from Turbocharged Arcade (I suppose I'll have to ask Xaser where it came from) for some silence.
  • Made a few more lines on the automap appear one-sided/invisible to hide a few secrets that were added late in development.
  • Added more dogs. Everything needs more dogs.
Protester

Post by Protester »

late to turn in the second project i've ever done. Whooops. I think you'll all enjoy this one anyhow. It continues the style and gameplay from my doomworld 2015 project entry. UV really is ultra. Don't say i didn't warn you.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/97cgp8m4ijy3j ... c.wad?dl=0
Name: Hot Water Music
Music: Warbrain-Alkaline Trio midi from Midimelody.ru -slightly edited by me
Credits: Idgames, whoever made this really cool sunset sky, and eternal doom *i think* for the waterfall.
Quote: "These walls seem Paper Thin..."
ChrisR91

Post by ChrisR91 »

Made a quick update on my post to fix a few textures and added coop starts. Here
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Well, technically it's two days late, but it's still time.

There's gonna be some more late submissions in the future and I'm still gonna accept them because I'm a big softie, but between the 20th and right now we gathered up everything we could and crammed them all in and I'm now in the process of setting up maps and making them flow together in one .pk3.

I'm not gonna lie. There's a lot. We've gotten about 80 maps and 40 weapons. Even keeping in mind that some of these are going to be trashed (I ended up trashing one map from DUMP 1, three from DUMP 2, so let's aim for five!!!), this is a monumental number. Far more than what DUMP 2's mammoth library had.
There's no way we're going to finish this up before July.
But for all y'all, you can take the next several days to just kick back, relax, and savor in the bliss. You made a map. Or a weapon. Or both. Congratulations.

Noooooow comes the ~*~FUN~*~ part.
Please pray for my, Yholl's, and PresidentPeople's sanities (and Medicris', whom I roped into this) as we now go through every single map and weapon to check for disparities and breakage.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Will we still be able to tweak our weapons now that we're in the compilation phase, or is that the entire point of this portion?

Edit:
Reread the first post. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of work to do in the next couple days few weeks. :V
Nimja

Post by Nimja »

[quote="ArchXeno"]Here is the proper version of my map, everything should be working now, though UV difficulty might need nerfing.
Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/npmhuw
Name: Not Another Tech Base
Credits: Song is the intro for AEOD v4
Quote: I don't like this map, but at least it exists

new link, now with more ammo and door tracks[/quote]
Just played though it on HMP,the architecture is really nice, but I found there was a scarcity of health items, perhaps more than there should have been, and that some door sides weren't unpegged (final room and pain elemental courtyard stood out to me). Finally, there was no indication that the final door was a door and not a wall, I had to look at the automap after a while wandering to find it was in fact the red skull door.
CJacobsSA

Post by CJacobsSA »

TerminusEst13 wrote: Noooooow comes the ~*~FUN~*~ part.
Please pray for my, Yholl's, and PresidentPeople's sanities (and Medicris', whom I roped into this) as we now go through every single map and weapon to check for disparities and breakage.
Good luck, hopefully you survive! :D
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Jesus Christ. Compiling 120 WADs into one product?

You're gonna go insane if you don't ask people to help you out directly say actually making their submissions viable for inclusion. Like I would just flat-out reject anything with the TEXTURE1 lump for new textures until that person can learn how to use efficient means like TEXTURES and the TX_ markers, and therefore make the process more streamlined for you. (I'm sorry this was the case with my map for DUMP 1.)

I would also like to offer my assistance during this - I've done WAD compilation myself before and can attest to how frustrating and arduous it can be. That said, I never undertook anything on DUMP 1 or 2's scale. Nor has anyone, I don't think. :?
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Well, it's more like 80 WADs into one product and 40 into another; the weapons are going to be a separate things shipped at the same time as the maps.

Return to “Levels”