Pirate Doom - Chaingun missing sound

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

Pirate Doom - Chaingun missing sound

Post by Guest »

Hey guys, I recently started playing Pirate Doom and came across a weird issue that I can't seem to find any resolution for. Chaingunners and the Chaingun it self fires silently. I have tried this on both ZDoom and GZDoom. A Fresh install hasn't fixed the issue. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
SolidSnake122591

Re: Pirate Doom - Chaingun missing sound

Post by SolidSnake122591 »

Here's a video of the problem https://www.twitch.tv/snake122591/v/69940352 Sorry that I didn't include it in the first post.
Arch

Post by Arch »

I was going to ask this, too. In the most recent two or three videos I watched people playing Pirate Doom, many sounds were missing. It has probably something to do with new GZDoom versions, as the mod has not been updated. Unfortunately, I can't run GZDoom since v2.0 with my toaster PC, so I can't even test it by myself. If I remember correctly, pygmies and some explosion sounds were also missing.

But it works fine on GZDoom 1.9 and earlier versions.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is a problem with FMod. Using the OpenAL backend the sound plays as intended.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Here's what ogginfo says:

Code: Select all

Processing file "dsgatl.ogg"...

New logical stream (#1, serial: 0000330b): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiphophorus libVorbis I 20001031 (1.0 beta 3)
Channels: 1
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 128,000000 kb/s
Upper bitrate not set
Lower bitrate not set
User comments section follows...
Warning: Comment 0 in stream 1 has invalid format, does not contain '=': "Sonic Foundry OggVorbis Beta 3"
Vorbis stream 1:
	Total data length: 13048 bytes
	Playback length: 0m:00.789s
	Average bitrate: 132,218934 kb/s
Logical stream 1 ended
It seems that the FMod loader is unnecessarily paranoid with checking the file's format.
SolidSnake122591

Post by SolidSnake122591 »

Arch wrote:I was going to ask this, too. In the most recent two or three videos I watched people playing Pirate Doom, many sounds were missing. It has probably something to do with new GZDoom versions, as the mod has not been updated. Unfortunately, I can't run GZDoom since v2.0 with my toaster PC, so I can't even test it by myself. If I remember correctly, pygmies and some explosion sounds were also missing.

But it works fine on GZDoom 1.9 and earlier versions.
Just downloaded GZDoom 1.9 and it works. Thanks a bunch for the answers and the assistance. Can't wait to play it now and not get sniped from chain gunners :D
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Since this is outside ZDoom's control it will have to wait until either a new FMod version fixes the bug or that FMod support gets removed, the latter one being more likely.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”