[Release]Wolfenstein 3D Bosses rotations.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Release]Wolfenstein 3D Bosses rotations.

Post by Captain J »

Okay, maybe this sprite fix is belongs to my own thread, but i always thought myself that lost level enemies' walkcycle sprites are... well, unstable. especially SS. so i decided to fix the problem. and here's the result!
fixedlostlevelsswalkcycle.PNG
fixedlostlevelsswalkcycle.PNG (2.86 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
3rd one is the one i've fixed. and sorry if the shading is kinda wrong, though.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

I've got the same shading problem (when it comes to the helmet of sprite rotation number 4. :wink: aswell it seems, all the front sprites does not have any black colors in them, while Trans Grosse, which was my base sprite sheet, DOES have black color.)
Anyways, perfection comes later, of not here, than it will in my resource wad...which also comes later...

Not much else to report other than the attached picture, and what the picture says.
Attachments
UberSoldat_Walk_and_Aim_done_.png
Last edited by UnTrustable on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leviathan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Leviathan »

Ubersoldat Black Shading fixed
Ubersoldat Black Shading fixed
Maybe this can help you
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

theundeadsoldier wrote:Maybe this can help you
Yes, thank you. :wink:
spforce

Post by spforce »

i see you doing rotations for the solider trans that is great! i did noticed in the past he didnt have second fire frame he is from wolfendoom laz rojaz wad the eisen one its called , well i noticed he didnt had a second fire frame and i saw here and know you got somehow second fire frame for him anyway i did this before becuase it was missing the second fire frame i noticed in wolfers for wolfers there is the solider trans too but with a symbol on chest and helmet add expect this it's the same so i took that sprite for the second fire frame that was missing i used the first fire frame to to make the helmet the same and for the symbol on chest i deleted that and just thraw some of the same pixels by and it turend out ok i think, i dont know who made him whatever this one from laz rojaz and the one that just got symbol added on the helmet and chest from wolfers for wolfers that i used to make this so tell me if some one know, also sorry for the stop of the work on the otto with chain gun added from fett its because you know the life you know studtying so there was no peice of time in the next days i will do some more sprites to keep his work and finish him at the end. ,also really sorry this sounds to just throwing work but i got ideas that is good for now to do the easyist things that can be done for now , besides the work on the orignal bosses the ubermutant now than the rest, like the solider trans that is easy becuase its trans changed a bit and you maded already for original trans rotations the soldier hans you know from the project eisenritter (not to be mistaked with the laz rojaz wolfendoom eisen wad) can be done easy and the orange trans from coming of the storm same as the original just recolored in orange and grey chainguns i attempted to do this but that only way it seems is to be done right is to manualy recolored pixel by pixel and i have text file of the color map of what color changed to what but this will take forever maybe i will try again but it will takes lot of time im sure.
and good job on the works.
Attachments
soldier trans from laz rojaz wolfendoom wad eisen missing second fire frame
soldier trans from laz rojaz wolfendoom wad eisen missing second fire frame
STRANFS2.png (2.83 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

UnTrustable wrote:I've got the same shading problem (when it comes to the helmet of sprite rotation number 4. :wink: aswell it seems, all the front sprites does not have any black colors in them, while Trans Grosse, which was my base sprite sheet, DOES have black color.)
Anyways, perfection comes later, of not here, than it will in my resource wad...which also comes later...

Not much else to report other than the attached picture, and what the picture says.
Oh man I hadn't even noticed you finished it! I should pay more attention to threads! Thank you! :wub:
Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

UnTrustable wrote:
theundeadsoldier wrote:Maybe this can help you
Yes, thank you. :wink:
Hey no problem :D any news about Uber Mutant?
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Woolie Wool wrote:Oh man I hadn't even noticed you finished it! I should pay more attention to threads! Thank you! :wub:
No, its not finished yet... It is ALMOST finished.
While the walk is finished, the aiming rotation and the 2 fireing rotations are done. I still am working on the pain rotations, where he still KEEPS his two chainguns in hand - just like Trans Grosse does, and i add a bonus to it, where - by decorate controlled - he drops 1 chaingun, and i do another walk-aim and fire rotation with only 1 chaingun in hand.
THAT last one (with the 1 chaingun in hand), i will keep it for myself for my own Wolfenstein 3D project, and it will get released to the community as soon as i've got something to show/share (map testing or something like that).
theundeadsoldier wrote:any news about Uber Mutant?
Well, normally i would say, whichever Boss is having an animated frame at page 1 is done, but i cheated alittle when it comes to Uber Mutant.
Only the walk A2, B2, C2 and D2 are done.
So no, the Uber Mutant is far from done.
The switch to Uber Soldat was a very welcome opportunity. (It somehow motivated me again :wink: )
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

spforce wrote:i see you doing rotations for the solider trans that is great! i did noticed in the past he didnt have second fire frame he is from wolfendoom laz rojaz wad the eisen one its called , well i noticed he didnt had a second fire frame and i saw here and know you got somehow second fire frame for him anyway i did this before becuase it was missing the second fire frame i noticed in wolfers for wolfers there is the solider trans too but with a symbol on chest and helmet add expect this it's the same so i took that sprite for the second fire frame that was missing i used the first fire frame to to make the helmet the same and for the symbol on chest i deleted that and just thraw some of the same pixels by and it turend out ok i think, i dont know who made him whatever this one from laz rojaz and the one that just got symbol added on the helmet and chest from wolfers for wolfers that i used to make this so tell me if some one know, also sorry for the stop of the work on the otto with chain gun added from fett its because you know the life you know studtying so there was no peice of time in the next days i will do some more sprites to keep his work and finish him at the end. ,also really sorry this sounds to just throwing work but i got ideas that is good for now to do the easyist things that can be done for now , besides the work on the orignal bosses the ubermutant now than the rest, like the solider trans that is easy becuase its trans changed a bit and you maded already for original trans rotations the soldier hans you know from the project eisenritter (not to be mistaked with the laz rojaz wolfendoom eisen wad) can be done easy and the orange trans from coming of the storm same as the original just recolored in orange and grey chainguns i attempted to do this but that only way it seems is to be done right is to manualy recolored pixel by pixel and i have text file of the color map of what color changed to what but this will take forever maybe i will try again but it will takes lot of time im sure.
and good job on the works.
I don't remember where i saw this, but yeah, i remember somehow the Boss with the said symbol on his helmet and chess.
However, i am not in possession of this sprite set, but im sure i can make one for you guys.
Anyways, you added a second fire frame of uber soldat (Soldier Trans) and i now see he has a yellow-reddish fire-flash.
The one i've got has a MORE yellow fire-flash.
I hope you guys don't mind to have this one.
Ofcourse a quick fire-flash color change into a more reddish one can be done with ease if i must :wink:
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Attachments
UberSoldat_done.png
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Brilliant work! also:
UberSoldat_done2.png
UberSoldat_done2.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Needs more beefiness. :P

PLUS, the original first rotation does not have pure black shade but all of custom rotation sprite does have them. so It kinda makes it weird.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Captain J wrote:Brilliant work! also:
UberSoldat_done2.png
Needs more beefiness. :P

PLUS, the original first rotation does not have pure black shade but all of custom rotation sprite does have them. so It kinda makes it weird.
I know, but i was lazy. but very perceptive of you :wink:
I may edit the front sprites, or i have to change all the rotations the black into 'grey'...
Anyways, this was what i wanted to post today.
Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

Hey nice job with the uber soldat there's the uber soldat with grey shading and some other fix!
Attachments
Fixed black shading and spikes in one sprite
Fixed black shading and spikes in one sprite
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Excellent work, and here's the update of my fix as well!
UberSoldat_done22.png
UberSoldat_done22.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

You guys are so good :wub:
When its time you should...or at least i would really welcome you all... to join my Wolfenstein3D project.
There are still things i can learn from you all. :wink:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”