DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TerminusEst13

DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

Post by TerminusEst13 »

(Logo by Kinsie)

For 2016, I really want to better my mapping abilities and put out some good stuff. So me and a couple friends started a project of stream-of-consciousness mapping. DUMP 1 began and it was a success. Then DUMP 2 began and it was even more of a success.
For the third iteration of DUMP, I decided to try something different and expand it to modding, working on weapons in an attempt to get less of a massive conglameration of maps. Instead, it had the opposite effect--even more people signed up for this compared to last time, and we ended up with a grand total of 80 maps. A hub map, 72 normal maps, six secret maps, and a final map.

As before, we now present to you a small hub leading to quite a collection of different maps. Beat X amount of maps to unlock the exit, with X being a variable depending on the difficulty level (ITYTD only requires a handful of maps, Nightmare requires 64 maps), and defeat the final boss to win.
Pistol start is enforced, and monsters are vanilla (except for the Final Boss). Gameplay mods should be supported, though mods that make use of +INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE will break the pistol start.

As before, the primary purpose of this project is to have a way for all of the newbies to try and push over that initial hump together, to MAKE something. It's for people otherwise familiar with Boom mapping to try out ZDoom stuff. It's for people who work on gameplay mods to try doing something different. It's the usual pile of quality you'll expect from a gigawad of MyFirstZDoomMap.wad, but it was fun to band together to make shit.
Again, as before, please feel free to point out any issues, troubles, errors, imbalances, and etc about the maps. Don't feel the need to sugarcoat, give it to us straight--none of us are pro-tier mappers. We can't improve if we don't know what's wrong.

MAPS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc9seej72ikaj ... 3.pk3?dl=1 (72.1mb)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p2zW ... sp=sharing (mirror)

WEAPONS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ab4y7692s1w6d ... s.pk3?dl=1 (26.34mb)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p2zW ... sp=sharing (mirror)

Spoiler: CREDITS
Spoiler: ORIGINAL POST
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Infirnex

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Community Pack Recruitment]

Post by Infirnex »

Count me in once again.

I'll make a map and a weapon.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I will take part in this projects.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

I'll make a sexy doom map just for you termyboi.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I need an excuse to make a weapon. Count me in for one of those and I swear to God if I don't deliver something this time, I'll change my avatar to Steve Buscemi for a month.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

...guns?
GUNS.

Hell yeah, count me in. I'll probably go the route of weapon + map. Probably made in that order.

Worst comes to worst, you get just a gun, but that's more of my strong suit so not a huge deal. Always could use more excuses to make cool weapons (with altfires).

I will however mention that, for about four days in a row in late June (don't remember which four days, but it was from Sunday to Wednesday), I'll be away on vacation. And I'll PROBABLY be busy June 1-3. But past that I have LOADS of free time for the entirety of June.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

I'll try to make a map again and hope I don't chicken out just because I don't know my way around Doom Builder like I did before. :D
KarolineDianne

Post by KarolineDianne »

I was actually just now talking to someone about maybe thinking of possibly trying my hand at doom modding someday. Maybe. Then they told me DUMP 3 starts today and now's my chance. So the pressure's on me to get off my lazy ass and actually DO something for once. Trouble is I have no goddamn clue how to start or even what tools I need.

So I suppose I'm in, but I need to ask... How does the noobest of noobs get started?
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

The Dumpsday is coming!

Count me in for a map, maybe a weapon.
GlitchThief

Post by GlitchThief »

I'll be making my first map for this. I swear it will be playable. It may even be fun.
unRyker

Post by unRyker »

Oh, goodness! Looks like I'll have to start cracking on a map tomorrow! It could also be done tomorrow, too... I'll scan feedback for my map from DUMP 2 and try to incorporate them into a totally different map. Let's just say my contribution to DUMP 2 felt a little bit too small, eh?
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

You know what, screw it, i'll try to make a map too, as well as flex some other skills I'd like to improve.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

This time I won't be busy and not able to finish my map. I'm in.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Memememememememememe I want to do it again. Hopefully I'll come up with something a bit longer this time.

Though I'll have to get back into the mindset. Haven't made any maps since that second one that was a continuation of the one I put in dump2.
Big C

Post by Big C »

What the Hell, I guess I'll try for a map.

Return to “Levels”