[TEXTURES] abbuw's texture extravaganza

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
abbuw

[TEXTURES] abbuw's texture extravaganza

Post by abbuw »

Howdy. This is a texture pack I put together, because I felt like it. I'm calling it a texture extravaganza because I can.

What can I expect in this thing?
Spoiler: Previews

What do I get in this texture extravaganza?

You've got approximately 655 original textures of various qualities and styles that are all properly named, so you can just plop them into your project. Edits are in their nice little subfolder in the main textures folder, and have a prefix of E*

Can I use these?
Feel free to, that's why they're here, after all. All I ask is that you give credit if you use them.
Spoiler: Credits
DOWNLOAD LINKIE
Last edited by abbuw on Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dynamo

Re: [TEXTURES] abbuw's texture extravaganza

Post by Dynamo »

absolutely fantastic pack, keep it up! :D
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Updated it, it's got a few new textures as well as being bundled with some texture edits.
Jblade

Post by Jblade »

Awesome, just took a look and there's great stuff in there. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Wow! What an incredible resource, very inspiring and very well put together!
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Nice textures, definitely gonna use some of these in the future.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Behold! Check the OP, here's a new update after 3 years! Think there's around 200 or so brand spanking new textures. Some of my sky textures are omitted, but that's simply because they're a mess and they're huge.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

You sir, are epic! :D
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Dynamo wrote:You sir, are epic! :D
Glad you enjoy it! Now to wait for another 3 years for an update...
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hey abbuw, thanks for sharing these. Just so I understand clearly; with the exception of everything inside the "edits" folder, and the specific ones credited in the ReadMe as from id Software and the various users you credited - everything else is completely sourced originally from you, correct?

What about using your original textures as a base for further edits in a commercial project?
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Nash wrote:Hey abbuw, thanks for sharing these. Just so I understand clearly; with the exception of everything inside the "edits" folder, and the specific ones credited in the ReadMe as from id Software and the various users you credited - everything else is completely sourced originally from you, correct?
Looks like I messed up a bit: there's a warning stripe texture (strip001-003) that was edited from a texture from WhoDunIt, which in turn ganked it from HellCore2. I doubt this would hold up in a court of law, but the basic tiling shape of the lines was traced over, the shading is extremely similar but not quite the same. Some of the wet textures (wet001,002,006-008) might have a little bit of the iD water texture in them, too. Everything else should be uncontaminated from copyrighted stuff though.
What about using your original textures as a base for further edits in a commercial project?
Go for it! You can give me credits if you want to.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Thank you for the clarification on all points. :) I will be careful when selecting which base texture to use; good thing being familiar with modding communities means it's usually easy to spot a well-known texture. :P

Credits will definitely be given to you, and I'll hook you up with a copy of the game, when it's done, cheers! :)

Return to “Resources”