[Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shane
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

hugoroy wrote:
Shane wrote:
hugoroy wrote:I love these, mind if I use some of them in my wad(s)?
Of course you may use these. Just be sure you give credit where credit is due. Of course, I'll be updating, so you may want to update when I do.
Not a problem. The new Doom pack should be up tonight or tomorrow. I only have four songs left to do on it. It just depends on how long it takes me to record guitar. :)

@plausiblesarge @Sodaholic
I apologise for the wait on the Strife songs. I'm waiting for a VST to arrive to fill in a specific slot on my synth. I'm not happy with the sound I have for it now. I'll be doing both the Power Station and the Town music.
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Great work on these soundtracks! Since last year, I have been hosting these music files on Armada Gameservers to help spice things up - while keeping to the original theme for various games. But also, just today, I am planning on using these very songs into one of my projects for GZDoom. I can get away with the old wonky midi's that everyone already heard a million times already!

Thank you for making these songs, making them available even today (so many years!), and openly available for anyone to use.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Siberian Tiger wrote:Great work on these soundtracks! Since last year, I have been hosting these music files on Armada Gameservers to help spice things up - while keeping to the original theme for various games. But also, just today, I am planning on using these very songs into one of my projects for GZDoom. I can get away with the old wonky midi's that everyone already heard a million times already!

Thank you for making these songs, making them available even today (so many years!), and openly available for anyone to use.
Glad you found these useful! I haven't abandoned this project, I've just been WAY busy. I do have plans to do a massive overhaul on these. I'll keep everyone informed. ;) Thanks for checking it out, dude!

Edit: Sorry for an 8 month delay. Haha.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Sorry. Didn't notice that the links were dead. I'll fix it tonight.

Edit: Fixed it on my lunch instead. Enjoy. :)
whereswarren

Post by whereswarren »

Hey there, finally got into the original 2 DOOM games after the nostalgia for 3 and hype for 4. Just wanted to say your tracks are awesome and thank you for the effort- it's taken a bit of work but my first play through should be rather epic thanks to you.

Questions;
What's the difference between the old and new doom 1 pack?
Is the doom 2 pack of a relative quality to the new doom 1 pack - or should I use both 'old' packs for consistency sake?
Shane

Post by Shane »

whereswarren wrote:Hey there, finally got into the original 2 DOOM games after the nostalgia for 3 and hype for 4. Just wanted to say your tracks are awesome and thank you for the effort- it's taken a bit of work but my first play through should be rather epic thanks to you.

Questions;
What's the difference between the old and new doom 1 pack?
Is the doom 2 pack of a relative quality to the new doom 1 pack - or should I use both 'old' packs for consistency sake?
Hey, thanks for checking out the tracks. I'm glad you like them! :) The new Doom pack is only a sample with higher quality recordings after some feedback. I'm going to be redoing all of the packs with much better quality soon.
The old packs are both about the same quality, so I'd suggest using those for now. Thanks for checking them out and check back for updates soon! :D
SeventhSentinel

Post by SeventhSentinel »

The link to the Chex Quest pack seems to be down.
Shane

Post by Shane »

SeventhSentinel wrote:The link to the Chex Quest pack seems to be down.
Oops! Thanks for letting me know! I re-uploaded it here: http://gam.thewaitingroom.org/doom/chexmus.pk3
Updated the main post as well. I did start on recordings for the project again. I'll post something soon. :)

Edit: Why not? Here's a recording of E1M1 I did last week: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/doom/At%2 ... 20Gate.mp3
Keep in mind it's not fully mixed yet, but it should give you an idea of the quality you can expect in the new version. :)
SeventhSentinel

Post by SeventhSentinel »

Wow, and I thought the last version of E1M1 was pretty good. Now I'm even more excited for this.
Shane

Post by Shane »

SeventhSentinel wrote:Wow, and I thought the last version of E1M1 was pretty good. Now I'm even more excited for this.
I can hardly wait to get this done for myself and everyone else! :D I'm glad you liked it. :) Just did the bass and drums for the Imp's Song last night and drums for Dark Halls.
Siberian Tiger

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Loving it!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Siberian Tiger wrote:Loving it!
I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)
Siberian Tiger

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Shane wrote: I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)
This is great news! I know that you're working on this project and I don't want to sound - demanding or negative, but do you know roughly when you might have this completed?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Siberian Tiger wrote:
Shane wrote: I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)
This is great news! I know that you're working on this project and I don't want to sound - demanding or negative, but do you know roughly when you might have this completed?
Unfortunately, I don't have a deadline. My goal is to have Episode I of Doom either complete or near complete this week. I want to try to get 7 songs a week done. As long as I can keep that pace up, I should have Doom, Doom II and Final Doom done by August, then it'll just be working on the other IWADs at that point.
Siberian Tiger

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Shane wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have a deadline. My goal is to have Episode I of Doom either complete or near complete this week. I want to try to get 7 songs a week done. As long as I can keep that pace up, I should have Doom, Doom II and Final Doom done by August, then it'll just be working on the other IWADs at that point.
Awesome! I am really looking forward to this! :D

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”