D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FaggoStorm

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - WIP

Post by FaggoStorm »

Two questions:

Will the weapon upgrades work in Deathmatch (if there are actual upgrades)?

What weapons of Doom 4 will be in this mod?
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

FaggoStorm wrote:Two questions:

All of them, like in the previous versions.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

twinkieman93 wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure you can sort of simulate a stun effect by making the stun bomb hit the enemies with a repeating invisible AoE that does no damage but has a 100% pain chance... granted I'm also pretty sure that you'd have to still edit the monsters to give that custom damage type that pain chance, but still! Would be easier than adding states with new animations and all that stuff.

If you want to maintain a strict no-monsters rule you could just make it do that without a custom damage type, so that it's less effective against more pain-resistant monsters. Which would make sense, I suppose.
Yep. Depending on interest, if I end up doing a "strictly weapons only" version I might make indeed what you mentioned last. Otherwise, custom damage types are the way to go here.
TheDoomctator wrote:Looks promising...I'll wait paciently for this
Wont disappoint. I hope :P
enderkevin13 wrote:Looks way better than before. The sprite creator made a version of the SSG with hands though, so you might wanna use that instead.
Thanks for the heads up about the hands version. But...
enderkevin13 wrote:All of them, like in the previous versions.
What "before" or "previous versions" are you talking about? this is the first version Im making of this mod. I dont know if perhaps you're talking about somebody else's mod, but there no "previous version" of D4D.
FaggoStorm wrote:Two questions:

The game is not going to be aimed for deathmatch. I did that in my Q4 project, and it took a tremendous amount of time and effort to balance stuff, to little gain. Besides, this is gzdoom only, no zandro, because Im using "advanced" features that zandro doesnt have, not even in the 3.0 versions. If you can fire up a deathmach with gzdoom, the weapons should work for the most part. But it's not the focus for this mod.

Which weapons, the idea is "all of them". I will be getting creative with giving the MP weapons an "upgrade" like the SP weapons to make them more interesting. Several of them are just iterations of hitscan weapons. ( I guess "certain affinity", the company responsible for DOOM's MP couldnt help to bring the classic "20 hitscan weapons for team deathmach" kinda thing)
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

DBThanatos wrote: Im using "advanced" features that zandro doesnt have, not even in the 3.0 versions.
Zandronum 4.0 is a thing... It can even run guncaster 2.8. No public compiled builds but the source is public.

EDIT: I should note that while it does run Guncaster, there are some bugs when playing online. And lots of crashes with Guncaster too when playing online.
Then again, Pillow uses a lot of fancy tricks that Zan just does not like online.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

@DBThanatos i've sent you a pm regarding this mod...
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

loismustdie555 wrote:
DBThanatos wrote: Im using "advanced" features that zandro doesnt have, not even in the 3.0 versions.
Zandronum 4.0 is a thing... It can even run guncaster 2.8. No public compiled builds but the source is public.

EDIT: I should note that while it does run Guncaster, there are some bugs when playing online. And lots of crashes with Guncaster too when playing online.
Then again, Pillow uses a lot of fancy tricks that Zan just does not like online.
Oh, I had no idea. Well, I will make sure to make the code MP friendly, but I cannot promise it will work properly. Once the SP portion is finished, I can look deeper into MP compatibility, but not before.
osjclatchford wrote:@DBThanatos i've sent you a pm regarding this mod...
Replied ;)
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Did I see some weapons modifications?!
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Did I see some weapons modifications?!
Nice catch. There are indeed weapon mods.

In fact, here's a quick explanation how they work

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

DBThanatos wrote: In fact, here's a quick explanation how they work
Good. What about on-screen modifications? I mean, upgrades directly on weapon sprite, like scope or box w/misseles on H.A.R. for example?
mutator

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

Post by mutator »

I think guns are still on progress
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

I'd definitely play this for more than 2 maps.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

So I'm watching your mod and I'm impressed with what you have done so far; which is why I think I might actually take the weapon attachments like the mini missiles, scope, charged burst for the shotgun etc, and make some sprites for them. I am considering adding sprites for the shotgun, machine gun, plasma rifle and rocket launcher but not the chaingun and Gauss cannon because I feel it's unnecessary and difficult to animate for the time being.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Neccronixis wrote:So I'm watching your mod and I'm impressed with what you have done so far; which is why I think I might actually take the weapon attachments like the mini missiles, scope, charged burst for the shotgun etc, and make some sprites for them. I am considering adding sprites for the shotgun, machine gun, plasma rifle and rocket launcher but not the chaingun and Gauss cannon because I feel it's unnecessary and difficult to animate for the time being.
nICE
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Neccronixis wrote:So I'm watching your mod and I'm impressed with what you have done so far; which is why I think I might actually take the weapon attachments like the mini missiles, scope, charged burst for the shotgun etc, and make some sprites for them. I am considering adding sprites for the shotgun, machine gun, plasma rifle and rocket launcher but not the chaingun and Gauss cannon because I feel it's unnecessary and difficult to animate for the time being.
That'd be absolutely perfect. That way players wouldn't need to pay attention to the text saying which upgrade they have active.

About the Gaussgun and chaingun, that's too bad, but I completely understand.
PillowBlaster

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D)

Post by PillowBlaster »

Just wanted to say - I highly, highly approve! I liked the Quake 4 one, and really loved the new Doom, and the only thing that threw me away was it's shortiness, so I am gonna most likely steamroll through a good bunch of wads with this. Don't wanna clutter up the thread with words of praise, as I don't have much to suggest until I'll try it out. And so far I'm convinced it's going pretty good direction. :P

PS. I'd probably do this myself, if not for my approaches to get my hands at sounds ending up as disaster.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”