[WIP] Evil Ideology

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lexus Alyus

[WIP] Evil Ideology

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Greetings :D

Progress:

Resources: done
Music: done
Maps: 6.5 out of 8
(more screenshots posted)
Some wall in Silent Hill 2 wrote: There was a download link here, but now it's gone.
The style of this is going to be a mixture of Ultimate Doom classic episode 2, 3, 4 and some Doom 2 styles, all with my own little twists. I'm not aiming to make super detailed maps here, just maps that are fun to play and quite doomy. Because this project has stagnated for a while I've decided to just do 8 levels. I guess 33 was a bit too optimistic :D I've also decided to make the gameplay much more challenging to make up for the lesser levels, with the later levels planned to be quite big and as hard as I can make them - and successfully play them...

I really want to get this finished ASAP because I'm really happy with the levels I have so far.

Old Screenies :D -
A simple little drop ship that you arrive in
A simple little drop ship that you arrive in
Screenshot_Doom_20160521_140025.png
Screenshot_Doom_20160521_140109.png
The mod will feature original Dubstep and DnB by my Dance Music project Mean ideal. Here's some of the music that will be appearing in the mod:

https://soundcloud.com/damian672/mean-i ... ien-foetus

https://soundcloud.com/damian672/sinister-salvation

https://soundcloud.com/damian672/mean-i ... oured-mule

I'm hoping to at least get this finished before the year is out some point before I die, but I also want the gameplay to be really good, so I plan to spend a lot of time working on the gameplay. But plans rarely come to fruition, the reality is I'll probably spend more time not mapping than mapping.

:twisted:
Last edited by Lexus Alyus on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Legend

Re: [WIP] Evil Ideology

Post by Legend »

Sounds cool. Where did the chain-saw/gun frankenstprite come from. Looks nifty. You make it?
mutator

Post by mutator »

Are you available to accept my help? :) I would love to be your mapping partner :)
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Looks good! Hoping to see more definitely.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

"Dubstep"

Already I've lost hope into this mod. *Sarcasm*
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

mutator wrote:Are you available to accept my help? :) I would love to be your mapping partner :)
I'm going to stick with just a solo effort for this wad, but thanks for the offer of help.
Legend wrote:Sounds cool. Where did the chain-saw/gun frankenstprite come from. Looks nifty. You make it?
I made those myself. I think I was inspired by the Skulltag minigun :D I've done my own modified BFG too, which is a pretty crazy new weapon, but that's a surprise ;)

As for a status report, I've done a bit of mapping on the third map and the second map has half the monsters/items placed.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments :)

Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Just spent a good hour working on the 3rd map, here's some screenshots:
Screenshot_Doom_20160605_100234.png
Screenshot_Doom_20160605_100305.png
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Map 3 is finished! :) Here's a screen of a new area:
Screenshot_Doom_20160608_132512.png
IMO mapping is going slower than I'd expected, but I'm starting to pick up the pace, although can't promise that this pace will stay, but this project will definitely be finished, that's for sure :).

Mappers Tip: Listening to music is helping a lot :). Just been listening to lots of Skrillex, yesterday it was Getter :D

Lexus Alyus

Re: [WIP - Playable Demo now available!] Evil Ideology

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Yo yo yo check it aat! :D The playable 3 level demo is now available, grab it at my dropbox:
Some wall in Silent Hill 2 wrote: There was a download link here, but now it's gone.
Unfortunately no demo is available anymore. Blame Dropbox :D But the plan is to get this released before the middle of the year, hopefully sooner.

I'd like to thank Tormentor 667 for mentioning this mod on Realm 667 :). That actually made my day and has given me a bit of a boost :D
Old posterity thingy wrote:Feel free to post your opinions of the maps/project so far. Oh yeah, I've also removed all higher level content, so no spoilers (apart from the music and level name for the 4th map :D). I know there is a lot of ammo, but this is just a demo so things will hopefully change for the better for the final release.

Enjoy :D

:Edit: Hmmm, I seem to have lied in the txt doc when I said it was playable for Co-op and Deathmatch... I forgot to add the starts, so those options aren't currently available!
Last edited by Lexus Alyus on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Screens of the currently in-progress Map 4: Abandoned Hope
Screenshot_Doom_20160621_173914.jpg
Screenshot_Doom_20160621_173851.jpg
Having fun with 3D floors:
Screenshot_Doom_20160621_173617.jpg
This room looks way coolerer now it's finished. For a start the vines are now brown rather than green :D

Last edited by Lexus Alyus on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Started working on the 5th map, and I think I'm getting a bit too obsessed with 3D floors :D
Screenshot_Doom_20160625_112423.png
Music today was Born Villain by Marilyn Manson and Meshiggah's epic Chaosphere :D

PS: People are allowed to comment ye know ;)

Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Hey man, i give it a quick run and look good but there is some few things that will need to a re-work ;)

1... The music is cool and all but after a few minutes it gets annoying fast (too much repetition)
2... Many of the sounds dont seem to fit the ambient, shotgun and door sound make it clear
3... In the 2 level when shot the waste or blood fall to ir, it make smoke efects
4... There is WAY too much health and ammo, as many armor and health bonus around, maybe cut it half or based on level skill
5... Maybe reduce the speed of enemies fireballs? too fast to avoid and more if is on close spaces
6... Those pinkies also maybe good to reduce their speed they can kill you fast if there is no place to run away and make distance

So far it seems good :) keep up the good work :D
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Nice use of 3d floors. As for the smoke effects in blood, I seem to recall using splash.wad from /idgames to get proper blood splashes when stuff goes into the blood.

You can offset the grey walls in shot #2 to make them fit more neatly with the floor and ceiling. If you want to. In Doom Builder it's pretty easy to align wall sections all at once. Just align one side "correctly," point towards it and press Shift+A.

I like the newest screenshot the most. Looks pretty cool. Not sure if pressing that switch seems safe, though.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Not been online for a while so sorry for missing the recent comments. Thanks for taking the time to play and leave some feedback :)

I'm a bit of a big fan of repetitive dance music, however a lot of the rest of the music is quite progressive with lots of different sections. That first track is just like an intro track and doesn't repeat in later levels. I guess music is always one of those things where people's taste's differ massively though :D

The gameplay in the first 3 levels will be heavily refined before release. This is just what I call a first draft, and is definitely not final. I agree there's too much ammo and health :D

Slade allows for some good texture alignment methods and does come with a good 3D mode, although I didn't see much of a problem with that texture, I think that's how it aligns by default? But again, that demo is literally just a beta version. The level structures will probably stay the same but a lot of other things will be refined before final release. I do lots of play testing to make sure the final version will be nice and polished :). I'm not a complete perfectionist with textures, I just like to make sure they align over archways and doors and stuff.

As for progress the 5th level is about 2/3rds done. I'm not posting any more screens of that level because I've done a few things differently and want to save some surprises ;) One clue is it's called The Iniquitous Grove, so a lot of that level will be outdoors.

Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

That is how it aligns by default. It's not necessarily a problem, I just like to align it differently.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”