[3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons CANCELLED

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons DONE (for now)

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sun May 22, 2016 8:40 pm

CeeJay wrote:
VGAce wrote:looks good
when is the gzdoom version coming out ?

in about a million years, give or take a decade.

i'm pretty sure you can iron out a century or two, at least, if you just get a little less lazier. :p
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Or you can just try the Zion/Doom Emulation mod for the time being.
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby VGAce » Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 am

look at me im so hip and edgy im making a mod for a port nobody plays and im posting it on the zdoom forums even though i hate zdoom because its too mainstream

(Guys, he's been warned already, quit reporting it. -ww)
VGAce

Postby The Zombie Killer » Mon May 23, 2016 5:22 am

VGAce wrote:look at me im so hip and edgy im making a mod for a port nobody plays and im posting it on the zdoom forums even though i hate zdoom because its too mainstream

what?
The Zombie Killer
King of the Kangaroos

Discord: Zombie#1795

Postby osjclatchford » Mon May 23, 2016 6:08 am

shame that its not zdoom? no just download a version of 3DGE? is that so hard? I currently do not have 3DGE as I'd not actually heard of it before but will probably get it soon.
this is the same as the whole zdoom v.s gzdoom smeg I've seen (and foolishly got pulled into) before. its boring and not helpful. more than half of this thread has been full up with this and very little on the actual mod itself. enough please!

ok sorry rant over, back on topic, @CeeJay, that helmet/glassy domed hud was nice is it being replaced with the hud in the latest screenie? I think you should definitely keep the reflection but as HorrorMovieGuy said, increase the alpha somewhat. its a real unique feature that adds a little extra bit of 'special' to this. twould be a shame to loose it...
osjclatchford

Postby CeeJay » Mon May 23, 2016 7:24 am

VGAce wrote:look at me im so hip and edgy im making a mod for a port nobody plays and im posting it on the zdoom forums even though i hate zdoom because its too mainstream

Who and what now?

Get your facts straight! I do not hate ZDoom, I play it quite frequently actually. But I also play other ports, including 3DGE but not so often as there aren't that many mods made for it. 3DGE just happen to be my port of choice when it comes to editing, it's easy and user-friendly. Contrary to popular I have made mods for other ports too, but it is mostly for 3DGE as I am hoping it will get more attention somewhere along the line.

To everyone: I am trying to remain civil and ignore crap like this, but to be honest it is really starting to wear me down and is part of the reason why I have a severe lack of motivation lately. Modding for Doom just isn't fun anymore.
CeeJay

Postby FaggoStorm » Mon May 23, 2016 7:44 am

Guys, stop getting so mad. He can make mods to the port he likes, and there is no problem with that. What VGAce? No one plays 3DGE? So how do you explain the fact that the 3DGE forum topic as over 10 thousand views? Don't exagerate.

If you want a version of this mod for ZDoom, DBThanos (the creator of Aeons of Death) is making one.

Now, stop winning.
FaggoStorm

Postby CeeJay » Mon May 23, 2016 9:18 am

Trying to figure out how to get the true color sprites in the mod. Having problems with the offsets.
CeeJay

Postby NeuralStunner » Mon May 23, 2016 10:03 am

Let's make something very clear here: 3DGE is basically hosted on this forum. This has Randi's approval. (The lead developer didn't get a custom user color by accident.) If you have a problem with it, feel free to take it up with the forum aadministrator.

CeeJay wrote:I am trying to remain civil and ignore crap like this, but to be honest it is really starting to wear me down and is part of the reason why I have a severe lack of motivation lately. Modding for Doom just isn't fun anymore.
I've run into this a lot myself, and the best advice I can offer you is this: You have a "target audience". These are the people that will play and enjoy whatever you do, and tell you how you can make it better. Other people are going to be closed-minded and dislike anything outside their comfort zone, but they aren't part of that audience. All you can do is treat their "feedback" as what it is: Background noise. Don't even feel obligated to respond to it.
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Big C » Mon May 23, 2016 10:06 am

@CeeJay: Try not to take this latest crap too personally, I think we have an "infestation" of the (un)usual suspects.
Big C

Postby CeeJay » Mon May 23, 2016 10:30 am

I am trying very hard to just ignore all of that, but when I come home from a long and hard day and see that kind of stuff it just really brings my piss to a boil. Especially when the same things gets repeated over... and over... and over again.

EDIT: Was wondering if anyone could help me with the offsets for the true color sprites. Neccronixis didn't provide any, 3DGE doesn't support embedded offsets and Slade (3) isn't working for me. Basically, I have to manually set the offset for each and every sprite and test it in-game.
CeeJay

Postby Nevander » Mon May 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Seeing a mod for 3DGE only is quite a let-down, especially if its one that might interest me. I understand the modder does as he wishes, and can choose what to make his mod for, but I agree with those saying that we should also have the mod for use in G/ZDoom too. I come here for ZDoom projects, and I've never used 3DGE and I'm sure it's great but I hate being restricted by different engines. I suppose someone could always convert a finished 3DGE mod to ZDoom, since I've heard it's possible.

Don't take this post as flame, because it's not. It's just my opinion.
Nevander
Self-Banned User

Postby Accensus » Mon May 23, 2016 5:19 pm

There are literally two other mods that do the Exact same thing and both of them are for ZDoom. It'd be understandable if there was only one, but this is not the case.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Coraline » Mon May 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Yeah it is all good! You are going about it civil-minded, but there are indeed Zdooom versions of these as well..

I vote we have a stickied thread, "Regarding EDGE/3DGE projects" so we can banish the trolling once and for all...cause if not, it might be best if we pack up? I hate to cause drama..
Coraline
EDGE Developer

Discord: Corbachu#5631
Github ID: Corbachu
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)

Postby chronoteeth » Mon May 23, 2016 5:30 pm

im getting really rather tired of every time an edge mod that comes out and posted here people do bs shit like that all the time, its just disrespectful and also disregards the creators work.
chronoteeth
abubub

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods