10x Universal - Spawn Queue!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FLYBAT

Re: 10x Universal - Custom multipliers added

Post by FLYBAT »

IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by IdiotBitz »

Setting the sv_10xu_mul to 100... 1900 monsters on the first level?!
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

No way anyone can do this on Holy Hell MAP05, which has around 23,000 monsters..
FLYBAT

Post by FLYBAT »

Because it doesn't work:
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Hmm, it seems that the reason it's not working there is because A_RadiusGive is failing at that distance on this map.
Not sure how to fix it, I'll see what I can do though
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

The Zombie Killer wrote:Hmm, it seems that the reason it's not working there is because A_RadiusGive is failing at that distance on this map.
Not sure how to fix it, I'll see what I can do though
I think you're out of luck here, I'm afraid.
The Zombie Killer

Re: 10x Universal

Thanks to recent changes to ZDoom, this should now work without issues in any map! Enjoy the update
Beed28

Re: 10x Universal

Post by Beed28 »

One problem I've found is that it doesn't take monsters with the ambush flag set into account. All monsters that are spawned do not have ambush, regardless if the original has the flag or not. It certainly is possible to check if a monster has the ambush flag, and then give the copies the ambush flag as well. Also, it gets really, really laggy on some maps. Perhaps check if only the monster count has increased instead of checking if it has changed at all? That might help.
The Zombie Killer

Re: 10x Universal - Spawn Queue!

Added. Also, quite a few important features in this update, the spawn queue being one of them. This makes maps like Holy Hell MAP05 semi-playable.
EDIT: Just did another quick update that now ensures the monster count has actually increased before re-10x-ing everything. Big performance boost there.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

This mod will lead to some strange behavior when played with Strife, as it multiplies absolutely everything, including passive NPCs. This means you can get a quest 10 times, and get a reward 10 times. So, probably don't exploit that if you're going to use it with Strife.

ETA: I don't recommend using this with Strife. It will multiply the non-hostile guards in town until they occupy all the standing room on the map, which means you'll have to crowd surf across them to get anywhere. Unless you somehow manage to kill them all, but there will be 1,430 of them.

On the other hand, this mod has worked with pretty much everything I've tested it with so far and does not have the conflicts of previous versions. So it looks like I'll be spending some time with this one.
Last edited by Frozenwolf150 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Just wondering, will there be a possible option where randomizer mods can have the effect of spawning different enemies of the same class? (Colored Hell, for instance, having monsters of the same class having their different tiers having a chance to spawn.)

Edit: To be more specific, I mean for one instance a demon of the common class spawns, and the next one spawned turns out to be either a green or blue, within the same spawn spot.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

I finally found a mod that is incompatible, specifically the Doom RPG mod. It relies heavily on scripts that are constantly running, and the spawn queue can easily overwhelm that, resulting in all sorts of glitches such as the interface disappearing or features not working. The whole reason I was trying to use the two together was to increase the XP gained, which has worked with other RPG mods, but not this one.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Sorry for the bump, but I'm getting a fatal error crash on level load with this mod:

Code: Select all

*** Fatal Error ***
Address not mapped to object (signal 11)
Address: 0x60
Running GZDoom 3.1.0, no other mods. Just starting a new game on MAP01 or E1M1 does it.

8-)
Nash

Post by Nash »

You can probably make this mod even more anything-compatible with ZScript's Event Handlers... I'm imagining it would literally take like 5 - 10 lines of code at most. XD
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I noticed that, while I love this mod, some maps are far more difficult with 10x the monsters, mainly levels that start with the player being seen/attacked, so I added a multiplier option:

Now with user-manipulable options!

This allows you to adjust how many enemies will actually spawn, for when you load up Memento Mori II and get instantly annihilated by 70 hitscanners. Alternatively, if you'd rather just add menudef.txt to it yourself, that's also an option.

EDIT: I've changed the slider to a text field, and added a text field for the spawn queue. In addition, boss multiplier and visible enemy count can also be toggled.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”