[REL] Bratwurst RECOOKED - mod revival!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: [Rel] Bratwurst - Customizable nazis for Doom

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

@dljosef They're gonna shoot these small homing red spheres. Individually they do very little damage, but since he shoots 6 of them, it should more or less amount to the same damage of a regular revenant rocket.
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

UPDATED!
New link in the OP, aswell as the changelog.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I'm making a Wolf3D weapons mod to go with this one - you OK with it?
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Sure, go ahead :wink:
Edward Marlus

Post by Edward Marlus »

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:Image
Customizable nazis for Doom

I find the enemies in Wolfenstein to be incredibly endearing. Their cartoonish style, the comically chibi-looking bosses, the broken german. I just love fighting these guys. But as much as I love Wolfenstein's simplicity, all I wanted to do was to fight some nazis in Doom's awesome maps. But balancing them with Doom's enemy spawns was impossible, mainly because most of them are hitscan enemies, which would make playing any map a nightmare. So I started adding all sorts of customizable options to tweak the nazis attack method, some cosmetic enhancements(like gibbing), and other cool shit you can tweak to fit your playstyle or the playstyle of the mod you're playing.

***this mod requires the latest Zdoom/GZdoom builds***

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Some stuff you can expect to see in future versions:
-Option to enable boss rotation sprites(the ones untrustable is making)
-Option to use the Mac Wolfenstein sprites
-Option to use Lost Episode's sprites for regular enemies
-A weapon mod to go along with this
-Gibbable bosses
Very interesting thing you've got going on. Is this Wolf3D era only or extended?
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Edward Marlus wrote:
HorrorMovieGuy wrote:Image
Customizable nazis for Doom

I find the enemies in Wolfenstein to be incredibly endearing. Their cartoonish style, the comically chibi-looking bosses, the broken german. I just love fighting these guys. But as much as I love Wolfenstein's simplicity, all I wanted to do was to fight some nazis in Doom's awesome maps. But balancing them with Doom's enemy spawns was impossible, mainly because most of them are hitscan enemies, which would make playing any map a nightmare. So I started adding all sorts of customizable options to tweak the nazis attack method, some cosmetic enhancements(like gibbing), and other cool shit you can tweak to fit your playstyle or the playstyle of the mod you're playing.

***this mod requires the latest Zdoom/GZdoom builds***

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Some stuff you can expect to see in future versions:
-Option to enable boss rotation sprites(the ones untrustable is making)
-Option to use the Mac Wolfenstein sprites
-Option to use Lost Episode's sprites for regular enemies
-A weapon mod to go along with this
-Gibbable bosses
Very interesting thing you've got going on. Is this Wolf3D era only or extended?
Why not have nocturnal missions and astrostein 3d enemies as an easter egg?
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Looking good! What is the map set/s you're using in the latest video?
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

In order of appearance I used:
Doom - E1M1(duh);
Epic, MAP04;
Sunder, MAP02;
UAC Ultra 2, MAP01 and MAP02;
And Dark Tartarus - TAT02(the second map of the Dark Tartarus episode)
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

I made my own ROTT weapons mod to enjoy this a little more, but I have to ask if there could be a swap option for Mutants and SS or something. Mutants seem more like they'd fit the Chaingunners, especially if their aggression was bumped up a little, and the SS feel more like the common type of enemy that'd fit the Imps. I get that the SS being in the Chaingunner role is to stay true to their Doom II cameo and machinegunning role, but something feels off about how common Mutants are since Imps are one of the primary enemies of the entire game. That's just my opinion, though. I'm really enjoying the mod, trying to find good map sets for them.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Really brilliant, now we are fighting the nazis all the way back now in a retrospective way, huh? i like it and good work! oh, also do you know i already have fixed some of the Lost Levels enemies' sprite frames such as bats and SS? They now looks makes sense. Well, to me.

Check out the wolfers for wolfers, and the location of the fixed sprites are fixed sprites for lost level bosses and bat!

And do you know there's alternative remade death incarnate's sprite? It's made by ringman. Go check it out! And here's my fix of his sprite. And i'm not forcing you to use these resources, i respect whatever you dislike or not. I'm just sharing for help because i like this mod a lot!

And it's a shame that STAR Trooper cannot be gibbed and uses SS' firing sound effect... Hehe, just kidding. You've done a good job and thank you so much for using my wolf3d gib animations! :D
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

RikohZX wrote:I have to ask if there could be a swap option for Mutants and SS or something.
Yup, can do that
Captain J wrote:Really brilliant, now we are fighting the nazis all the way back now in a retrospective way, huh? i like it and good work! oh, also do you know i already have fixed some of the Lost Levels enemies' sprite frames such as bats and SS? They now looks makes sense. Well, to me.
Check out the wolfers for wolfers, and the location of the fixed sprites are fixed sprites for lost level bosses and bat!
And do you know there's alternative remade death incarnate's sprite? It's made by ringman. Go check it out! And here's my fix of his sprite. And i'm not forcing you to use these resources, i respect whatever you dislike or not. I'm just sharing for help because i like this mod a lot!
Yeah, I think I'll use those fixed sprites when I get around to the Lost Ep enemies and stuff. Also noticed the missing bosses from the MAC version remade in MAC's style in that package. They will surely come in handy when I add the MACenstein skins. Oh, and I LOVE that Death Incarnate sprite! I was gonna add him in the next version just as a reskin of the Angel of Death, but seeing those improved sprites now I actually wanna make him his own guy, with his own unique attacks, different from the Angel of death. I'm thinking sort of a more agile, brawler type of boss, but still with a few projectile attacks up his sleeve, of course
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

hey, glad you liked it! Anyway i hope death incarnate will have his own music like angel of death and i'll look forward to the Lost level bosses!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Fuck mein leben, this is great!
daimon

Post by daimon »

looks interesting
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

Thanks Captain J for promoting my Death Incarnate sprite. Glad it may see some use. Also I have a remade sprite of the Submarine Boss, just walking and shooting, the death is the same and a remade sprite of the Axe, but the death is also the same, THOUGH IT SERIOUSLY NEEDS REMADE. I'm not as happy with the Axe's shooting sprites though, but his walking sprites are much better. If anyone is interested I can dig them up and post them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”