[Classic-Style Megawad] Hell For Leather, Episodes 1+2

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Echelon5

Re: [Retro Megawad] Hell For Leather [Episode 2 Released!]

Post by Echelon5 »

I was wondering why I couldn't figure out how to get to episode two. :P
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Derp, updated the link. Sorry about that!
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Updated episode 2, the secret level was really fucked, is no longer fucked. I swore I had fixed that thing in testing!

EDIT: Wow, I really double triple fucked up! Updated again! Nothing should be fucked this time!
Legend

Post by Legend »

Been playing episode 1 and really liking it so far, but it is really dark in places. Level too is so dark it was getting a bit annoying. Still like it though. good level design and gameplay.

The soul sphere secret in level 1 is nigh impossible as far as I can tell to be able to trigger the lift and the opening in the wall both fast enough to be able to get inside.
DoomCATO

Re: [Classic-Style Megawad] Hell For Leather, Episodes 1+2

Post by DoomCATO »

Is there a Episode 3 for "Hell For Leather?"
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Working on it! My main priority right now is I'm going to get all the levels Boom compatible and mash them together into one contiguous megawad so there's no more episodes.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I'mma wait for that then, so I get stuck straight into things. :D
Fabricator

Post by Fabricator »

Apologies for the huge necro-bump but it looks like the DL links are dead. I've checked all the posts in this thread (and the Doomworld thread) but was unable to find a working DL.

Big ask, but does anyone still have this kickin' around on their PC and is there any chance of a re-upload?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Hi! Thanks for still being interested in this. I fixed the download links. This mapset has fallen into disrepair of late as episode 3 has been stuck in a nearly-finished state for years. Maybe someday the full 30-map collected version will finally come out. :D
Fabricator

Post by Fabricator »

Cheers mate, much appreciated! Fingers crossed for the 3rd episode, looking forward to your Hell on Earth Shareware mapset too.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

I completed only Episode 1 on UV so far, but there is one thing that irked me in most of the maps: not enough radsuits. They may be enough if the player knows exactly where to go and what to expect, but not for general exploration. It's no exaggeration I lost more health to acid floors than to monsters and during MAP06 I just gave up and used "give radsuit" for the rest of the episode.

Edit: well, the radsuit shortages continue in the second episode too. Probably the worst is MAP04 which has only one radsuit even though a third of it is acid. And there were some other problems:

MAP04: isn't sector 177 (computer map) supposed to be secret?

MAP06: most monsters in the center closet are deaf and thus never teleported out.

MAP08: sectors 601, 602 etc. shouldn't be damaging. Sargeant 450 is stuck in wall.

MAP09: isn't megasphere supposed to be secret? Also, you need to use newer nodebuilder, monsters fall into ground in the SSG trap area because of this bug.

Oh, and I remembered one problem from the first episode: the secret exit in MAP02 (I think) wasn't marked with secret sector.

Return to “Levels”