[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.4 Released! [AI UPDATE]

Post by Armaetus »

The hitscanners definitely don't fuck around, which is a nice difficulty increase but it can be a pain when there is little/no cover and/or pinned down away from health/ammo.

And just a more reasonable skill name list. It doesn't change gameplay but the names sound better used with this mod.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Glaice wrote:The hitscanners definitely don't fuck around, which is a nice difficulty increase but it can be a pain when there is little/no cover and/or pinned down away from health/ammo.

And just a more reasonable skill name list. It doesn't change gameplay but the names sound better used with this mod.
Meh, I'll come up with skill names for The Trooper whenever I feel like it. I'm sorry if it sounds rude.

I'm trying something new with the Surfeit Torment's altfire - Magnum Shells.
Armaetus

Post by Armaetus »

No worries about it :)

Also, I wish the zombies (specifically zombieman and sergeant) didn't gib so easily to weapons such as the Pulsar-D sometimes. The double shotgun slug alt I can understand but the Pulsar-D and Torment's normal round alt-fire? Just looks a little weird seeing them getting ripped apart more than usual.

Also, what difference between normal and AP rounds is there with the machine gun?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Glaice wrote:No worries about it :)

Also, I wish the zombies (specifically zombieman and sergeant) didn't gib so easily to weapons such as the Pulsar-D sometimes. The double shotgun slug alt I can understand but the Pulsar-D and Torment's normal round alt-fire? Just looks a little weird seeing them getting ripped apart more than usual.

Also, what difference between normal and AP rounds is there with the machine gun?
AP rounds deal more damage and penetrate multiple targets. Kinda wish I had a more interesting altfire for it, to be honest.

I might add +NOEXTREMEDEATH to the Pulsar.
Armaetus

Post by Armaetus »

Somehow, the Surfeit Torment still causes extreme deaths on the zombies and imps despite +NOEXTREMEDEATH on the weapon.

I would love to play this with friends online but how how much would be needed to change to be compatible with Zandronum?

Also, you may want to add the Bloodcolor parameters for the Caco and the Hell nobles as seen in the RDND-Trooper combination to the original mod.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

The +NOEXTREMEDEATH flag needs to be put on the ExplodingMagnumBullet projectile, not the weapon. Right now, the projectile has +EXTREMEDEATH.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

The only thing I could see wrong with a Sorfeit Torment alt fire is if it's not explosive. Or maybe you could make it incendiary. The Sorfeit Torment's color scheme says "I make things go BOOM! and Sizzle" to me.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:The only thing I could see wrong with a Sorfeit Torment alt fire is if it's not explosive. Or maybe you could make it incendiary. The Sorfeit Torment's color scheme says "I make things go BOOM! and Sizzle" to me.
So, a couple of things:

*Pulsar-D now has +NOEXTREMEDEATH (it still occasionally gibs Zombies, which is a bit bothersome).
*Surfeit Torment has a secondary alternate ammo - an Explosive Magnum Shell. The reload key switches the altfire's ammo type.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Played this with Tib's Mk. 2 monsters... I can't even. Tib's weapons are higher in damage, so it makes it painfully hard to kill even a lost soul with the Night Shade.

Health and armor were also an important part of survival in his weapons mod. 100 health and full armor is nothing compared to 300 health and the lowest set of armor.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.5 Released! [VERSATILE SHELLS]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Played this with Tib's Mk. 2 monsters... I can't even. Tib's weapons are higher in damage, so it makes it painfully hard to kill even a lost soul with the Night Shade.

Health and armor were also an important part of survival in his weapons mod. 100 health and full armor is nothing compared to 300 health and the lowest set of armor.
Yeah, I more or less tried to scale damage down to vanilla levels, so I can imagine that monster packs might be tough.

I've done a few little things:

*Shell drops have new sprites, and are randomized in groups of 1, 2, and 4.
*The VSK7 and M97 can now toggle extra altfires - reload switches them between explosive and slug shells.
*The M97 now has a lower rate of fire across the board.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.6 Released! [HUD UPDATE]

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I've given The Trooper a custom HUD after noticing that extra ammo types couldn't be seen:
Spoiler:
Any feedback or criticism would be much appreciated.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

First impression is that the background light could stand to be a little less... bright? Not sure exactly what it needs, but that limey green/yellow isn't sitting right with me. I'll see if it grows on me.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Somagu wrote:First impression is that the background light could stand to be a little less... bright? Not sure exactly what it needs, but that limey green/yellow isn't sitting right with me. I'll see if it grows on me.
Nah, your right, it's got too little contrast, the numbers and the background blend together a bit. Looks damn good otherwise!
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

make the green parts a little darker and lower their alpha
it also looks like the text is behind the background
what are those six bars to the left?
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

I would assume those are for the keys.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”