Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Post by Kinsie »

Welcome to Samsara.
This is a multiplayer project inspired by crossover fighting games, designed to bring these games that people love so much and... wait... haven't I read this thread before?

The aim of this update, thrown together over a long weekend, was to fix the Skulltag-era idiocy that forced two distinct versions of the mod to be developed without complete compatibility with each other. This build should run properly in both GZDoom and Zandronum 3.0.

Hopefully additional improvements and modernization of this mod can come in the future, if I don't horribly burn myself out with this old, inexperienced code (and if there's any interest whatsoever!)

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
KNOWN ISSUES:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kinsie on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Samsara - 0.32 - This Version's Kinda Grosse...

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Hey, this looks pretty neat!

I had an idea for a "samsara redux" mod a while back. If you keep going with this I might be motivated enough to get going with it...

Edit: I seem to have some kind of error about "cvar 'samsara_cl_pickupmode' " already existing?
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Wait, why isn't the link posted on the other Samsara pages? (Other, because there has to be a Samsara 0.31...on another page where you could've edited the post. Didn't TerminusEst13 did that? Is there a joke Samsara 1.54 page now? I don't know...)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Edit: I seem to have some kind of error about "cvar 'samsara_cl_pickupmode' " already existing?
it's a known issue mentioned in the second spoiler, apparently.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Wait, did you ask TerminusEst if you could continue the mod development?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

FaggoStorm wrote:Wait, did you ask TerminusEst if you could continue the mod development?
They are in constant communication, don't worry. Term is quite fine with it.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Edit: I seem to have some kind of error about "cvar 'samsara_cl_pickupmode' " already existing?
Oh, doy. If you've played older versions of Samsara, and you're using Zandro, you might need to dip into your ini and delete your old Samsara CVARs. This is because I shifted from an old system of setting the default CVARs using ConsoleCommand to good old American CVARINFO. I'll whack this into the Known Issues, thanks for the reminder!
FaggoStorm wrote:Wait, did you ask TerminusEst if you could continue the mod development?
Yes. Term has provided suggestions and old development materials where possible. He's a nice guy!
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

You know, stupid questions aside, I think this's interesting! I'll try it out!
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

So do you think the Unreal Prisoner will be finished at some point, Kinsie?
mentha

Post by mentha »

Kinsie wrote: - Added Caleb.
- Removed Caleb.
excellent, done in precisely the right order too.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I liked this update but In Hexen I found error: cvar samsara_cl_vanilladoom alread exists :shrug:
Last edited by Doctrine Gamer on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

Doctrine Dark wrote:I liked this update but In Hexen I found error: cvar samsara_cl_vanilladoom alread exists :shrug:
- If you've played older versions of Samsara, and you're using Zandronum, you might need to dip into your ini and delete your old Samsara CVARs. This is because I shifted from an old system of setting the default CVARs using ConsoleCommand to good old American CVARINFO.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I do not know exactly how to do this but I'll try here has something to do with the command line.

EDIT: I managed to correct the error , I had to delete all my settings and reset one by one but I managed.
Last edited by Doctrine Gamer on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Infirnex wrote:So do you think the Unreal Prisoner will be finished at some point, Kinsie?
I asked Term about this... It sounds like the data for the prisoner (what was done, anyway - I think it was all DECORATE and no ACS) is buried away deeeep in the backup hole.

I might look into it deeper at some point. No promises, tho - it'd be a LOT of work.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

This is strictly a maintenance project

right?

i mean we shouldn't expect the crufty addition of ExtraHeroes should we? No one wants fucking Caleb, Lowang, Gordon Freeman and Mooman.

Taking the Forever-isms out of Duke would be nice too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”