[Textures Sprites Sounds] Game Rips

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
torridgristle

Re: [Textures Sprites Sounds] Game Rips [April 23]

Post by torridgristle »

Added: F-Zero: Maximum Velocity's 7 fonts.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Textures Sprites Sounds] Game Rips [April 25]

Post by wildweasel »

You've done us a great service, sir!

You may want to go over your current inventory and make sure you have alternative plans lined up for all the files currently hosted at Copy.com, though, as they have said they will be discontinuing the service and shutting down the servers on May 1st.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Yeah, I'm not really sure where to put it all. Dropbox has threatened to disable my account because of a font I had on there and disables downloads if it's used too much, Mega may require payment in the future, Sendspace will delete if no one downloads it for a month, Zippyshare I don't know anything about. What a pain.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I haven't really looked into it as a public file service, but Google Drive at least seems to have a reasonable amount of space for its free account.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Mediafire is a pretty great host. I have yet to have issues with it.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Someone else will have to reupload the Wolfenstein: New Order sounds. It's a bit large for my current connection to handle.
torridgristle

Re: [Textures Sprites Sounds] Game Rips [April 26]

Post by torridgristle »

Added: 3D Maze Screensaver textures and, for the first time to my knowledge, sprites. Sprite format converted by paulguy.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Added: Quake 3 Revolution voices. Taunts, grunts, etc in English, French, and Italian. All different voices with matching grunts for each language. Also a chainsaw sound set.

Includes official Doomguy voices.
trainhobovegas

Post by trainhobovegas »

Requesting sounds from Cry of Fear(stand-alone steam version) and Contagion

Just weapon sound related
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Just curious, why isn't your unobfuscated mars.mad here? I almost posted my version of it and then on final check noticed that it's already posted, just in another section.
There's some really useful stuff for a Doom project there IMO, and the sprite style is suitable for use without any modification too.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Requesting sound FX from Illusion Softworks' Mafia. I couldn't rip most of them. Just general sound effects (ambience, weapons, footsteps, engine. car doors, you name it). Voices may be included seperately (English only).
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

PC/Mac Killing Time graphics, sprites, and sounds all in one massive archive, courtesy of my buddy Ect0. Plus some meager weapon rips from the 3DO version by me. You can add these to the OP if it helps the local modders.

Here's how some of the 3DO guns and PC pickups look in action. Might need some color adjustments by more photoshop-savvy folks.

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

ImpieTwo wrote:Image

PC/Mac Killing Time graphics, sprites, and sounds all in one massive archive, courtesy of my buddy Ect0. Plus some meager weapon rips from the 3DO version by me. You can add these to the OP if it helps the local modders.

Here's how some of the 3DO guns and PC pickups look in action. Might need some color adjustments by more photoshop-savvy folks.

There was some discussion about it http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50106&start=30 here where we helped Ect0 sort out some issues he had with the rip. I suppose considering that I could put that in the first post with a link to Ect0's site and some decent previews to let people know what they're about to download. Beyond that, are you going to rip the rest of the stuff from the 3DO version? I'm not familiar with the game that much, but I would assume the enemies and textures are entirely different as well.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Oh, hell, I didn't realize he posted about it here. In any case, I believe he's pretty much done with this archive and has moved on to other things, so I added it to the site at last. I think he's been toying with a 3DO rip, but he has a lot on his plate lately, so who knows when that'll be done. I painstakingly ripped the 3DO weapons from screenshots, and it probably shows.

EDIT: Also hadn't realized there were already so many obscure game rips threads -- I was under the impression this was the community sharing thread I guess. Should I start my own thread for Killing Time stuff or can I contribute to this one?
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

I imagine starting your thread may be ideal to prevent it from getting lost in the shuffle of things. Or you could use this one http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52113 since it's already about killing time. Just my opinion however.

Return to “Resources”