The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8, coming sometime.

Post by Wivicer »

Do we have TWO arguments going now? Seriously guys. Stop. Please. You're giving EVERYONE a headache.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I think people are pretty cool no matter what they like, unless they're not cool about how they choose to share what they like. For instance, people not being cool by pressing their opinions into an inkpad and stamping it all over the place like it's their business to share lest the heretics who don't agree with them get the wrong idea and the developer somehow 'screws up' this mod he's making his way that they're not even involved in the development of but feel entitled to pressure (oh, wait, I meant suggest) the shaping of with heavily weighted opinions... And then, of course, hypocritically attempting to play off as if they did nothing wrong and were only innocently abandoning brevity to choose to rant about several waves of nostalgia, belief, and personal preference. Of course, maybe that's just my opinion. Also that I'm sure many other people also share the opinion that people who try to figure out what the problem is, share it as simply as possible without attaching burdens of 'what I think' and 'what you should be doing because I can argue it', and keep everything else close to the vest to share at the appropriate time are, generally, pretty cool people to work with. My thoughts of the day - after the facts, of course.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

You're not the only one who thinks so... I wish I could have expressed this just as eloquently as you. :)
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I was thinking of you too, dopeypants. You're plenty guilty of tossing around "What I did because it's sooooo cool" and "Hey do this because it totally fits my perspective of the mod pls". :nope:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I know. I hate myself because of this. (headdesk)
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Zhs2 wrote:I was thinking of you too, dopeypants. You're plenty guilty of tossing around "What I did because it's sooooo cool" and "Hey do this because it totally fits my perspective of the mod pls". :nope:
Thank you for not letting me be the only scapegoat of the forum. :D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I do not think Scapegoat means what you think it means...
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

DoomKrakken wrote:I do not think Scapegoat means what you think it means...
Actually, I do know what it means very well, and...

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Please take it to PM. Please.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Getting back to Guncaster... I remember a long time ago some custom monster PB was working on, based off of the Wizard, called "Scarecrow, the Unforgiving", which launched crows at you.

What if there was a monster based off of D'Sparil, who'd wear white and carry a shepherd's crook instead of D'Sparil's staff... and he'd summon up a flock of sheep to assist him in battle?
Sheepshield intensifies!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DoomKrakken wrote:What if there was a monster based off of D'Sparil, who'd wear white and carry a shepherd's crook instead of D'Sparil's staff... and he'd summon up a flock of sheep to assist him in battle?
Sheepshield intensifies!
Could even work in a Hexen II reference by calling him The Ovinomancer.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

DUDE, THAT'S FREAKIN' PERFECT. :D

I didn't know they had a morph object in Hexen II... and it turns people into sheep! That's awesome!

Maybe he can also turn you into a sheep, while he's at it? That could be just like D'Sparil's lightning attack... :D

EDIT: What if there were more dosh jewel variants in the next version? Maybe Topaz? Or Amethyst? Or White/Pink/Black Pearls?

EDIT2: When I was shooting down the idea of Hitchcock's Birds not being able to scratch the Iron Lich, I wasn't saying that it shouldn't be a thing. It'd be kind of cool if they did some damage, being magical crows and all. What I was doing was giving possible reasons for why the 0.0 damagefactor was implemented.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Update] The Guncaster - 2.8

Post by PillowBlaster »

Surprise, surprise.

IMPORTANT CHANGE SO YOU WON'T YELL AT ME THAT'S BROKEN: Yeah, I did it again - The alias for the shop got changed once more, so the buttons would be shared through Trailblazer as well, because I'm lazy shit and didn't feel like rebinding them each time I tested things. So go to that button menu and bind that one.

Most interesting changes/additions are in the spoiler right below. Remember to as per usual to download latest beta to play it, as it works as intended now. (Well, I hope. It appears to do so, at least.)
Spoiler:
And this one contains changelog.
Spoiler:
Clickety ze image for the download link.

(Silly suited up Cyg image done by a dood called Azba. It's not even out yet and it already gets acknowledgement.)

Well. It was fun.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

PillowBlaster wrote:
Spoiler:
Cyg senpai says Killat-♥
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Im am both Offended and surprised and admired to the one who made it

Then the Offended part was deleted i discovered that i this mod as a nosence story

Return to “Gameplay Mods”