DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [Community Mappack Recruitme

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

I'm going to be a liiittle late, but judging by what was said earlier, that's not much of an issue.

I've got all the architectural stuff done (most of which was fighting with making the skybox actually look right, including making its textures not look awful), along with all the DECORATE (which is literally just one prop and a bunch of randomspawners for the purposes of a sort of 'arena fight', with a touch bit of lazy); all I have to do is the ACS, which I expect to not be much of an issue, I just don't have the time to finish that tonight.

...I realize the goal of this is to make something simple, but ACS and DECORATE ARE simple for me. It's mapping that's hard.
Kribbulous

Post by Kribbulous »

Thanuris wrote:
Kribbulous wrote:words
Are you supposed to dodge everything at the start of the map? Or is there a secret weapon? I see that you get a lot of ammunition in the second room but no weapons to use, and you really need something in the nukage waterfall room to kill the chaingunners, with some monster infighting I could at least press the switches that raise the lift the part before that one, but the chaingunners are just too much. The map itself is quite interesting, at least what I saw until that part.
There's a shotgun just behind one of the doors in the first room. It's why the enemies at the start are facing away from you. As for the chaingunners...yeah, you're right. I was just making it up as I went along for monster placement, especially towards the end.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll move some things around to try and make it more manageable.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

And time.

Well, probably not time for some people. Some people probably need a little bit of extra time to tweak their and make a few last-minute changes.
Regardless, now we're entering the next phase. I'm going to take a couple days to compile the build, put everything together, have the hub connect to everything, make a final boss battle, and then release a test build for everyone to play with. Everyone should be willing to give it a run, run through several levels, and write down their thoughts and feedback. Obviously, I don't expect everyone to play through all 46 fucking maps, but even just a couple lines of "I liked this and this" or "I didn't like this or this" would be fantastic.

If you haven't submitted yet and are still working, don't panic.
I've said before I'm not really a stickler for time; the emphasis on this project is to JUST DO IT, rather than adhering to a specific schedule. Compiling a test build together is going to take a bit of time, after all.
If you need a couple more hours to polish things up, sure, go right ahead. If you need a couple more days, well, all right, just don't go overboard. If you're gonna need a week, yeah, no, that ain't happening.

But congratulations to all 46 contributors and mappers who have come together to make DUMP 2 a reality. Community projects are a bit of a crapshoot in that only a fraction of people who say they're going to do things will actually do anything, but DUMP 2 blew this out of the water--almost 2/3rds of the sign-ups have submitted their maps! Bloody hell!

Congratulations to everyone.
As a personal hall of fame, here is going to be the maplist, along with the name of the and the authors.
Spoiler: Congratulations.
If you have any quote you want to display on the opening of your map, a la DUMP 1, now's the time to say it. Otherwise I'll make something up.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

arhbrhabrhgahbr so many untitled maps. What no. Plz. :cry:
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

TerminusEst13 wrote:If you have any quote you want to display on the opening of your map, a la DUMP 1, now's the time to say it. Otherwise I'll make something up.
"I haven't slept in seven days, I hope this was worth it"

(make sure you have v4, which I silently updated since making that post because I'm a jerk, otherwise there'll be 4918 cyberdemons)

Also, curious: is there any significance to the ordering?

edit: I'm watching your DUMP 1 videos, and it seems a shame that the end-of-level tally is lost, but I don't think you can get that with a hub (except for when you leave the hub itself). Do the levels actually need to be a single hub?
Last edited by Eevee on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

i thought i included a name?
did i completely forget that or am i making things up?
oh wait, no, it was in the mapinfo that i promptly removed after i couldn't figure out custom music on a custom map

are you going to poke people about their custom resource/ music sources at some point?
Kraja

Post by Kraja »

And here's my... thing.

https://db.tt/tPH48RT9

You might find a funky looking texture here and there but i just wanted to post it as soon as possible.
This was my first map i ever did so i was learning as i went - at the end i knew few things that would help me fix some things at the beginning, but i was too lazy to go back and do it.
Spoiler:
Oh - and i made it with hurt me plenty diff in mind.

Edit: Crap - almost forgot about music.
two minutes to midnight
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

shame I couldn't in time (I realized inherently my layout was very flawed anyways) but im glad to see theres still plenty submitted.
universalquantifier

Post by universalquantifier »

Uhhhh Term, you got the map I sent yesterday on IRC? Well here it is anyway:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/bw430u

Needs cc4-tex or there will be nasty broken textures
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Can't wait to play all of these maps! Not sure about all of you guys, but my DUMP had started out pretty rough, but I ended up feeling so relieved when I finally finished it.
Cpn. Chookum!

Post by Cpn. Chookum! »

I should say, my map is Rooftop Rumble.

Many thanks for the inclusion, I can't wait to have a go at all of the entries!
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

TerminusEst13 wrote:If you have any quote you want to display on the opening of your map, a la DUMP 1, now's the time to say it. Otherwise I'll make something up.
simple.exe wrote: fun map shit design lmao
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

TerminusEst13 wrote:And time.

Well, probably not time for some people. Some people probably need a little bit of extra time to tweak their and make a few last-minute changes.
Regardless, now we're entering the next phase. I'm going to take a couple days to compile the build, put everything together, have the hub connect to everything, make a final boss battle, and then release a test build for everyone to play with. Everyone should be willing to give it a run, run through several levels, and write down their thoughts and feedback. Obviously, I don't expect everyone to play through all 46 fucking maps, but even just a couple lines of "I liked this and this" or "I didn't like this or this" would be fantastic.

If you haven't submitted yet and are still working, don't panic.
I've said before I'm not really a stickler for time; the emphasis on this project is to JUST DO IT, rather than adhering to a specific schedule. Compiling a test build together is going to take a bit of time, after all.
If you need a couple more hours to polish things up, sure, go right ahead. If you need a couple more days, well, all right, just don't go overboard. If you're gonna need a week, yeah, no, that ain't happening.

But congratulations to all 46 contributors and mappers who have come together to make DUMP 2 a reality. Community projects are a bit of a crapshoot in that only a fraction of people who say they're going to do things will actually do anything, but DUMP 2 blew this out of the water--almost 2/3rds of the sign-ups have submitted their maps! Bloody hell!

Congratulations to everyone.
As a personal hall of fame, here is going to be the maplist, along with the name of the and the authors.
Spoiler: Congratulations.
If you have any quote you want to display on the opening of your map, a la DUMP 1, now's the time to say it. Otherwise I'll make something up.
"Untitled is actually supposed to be the name."
-Devianteist
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

"Needs More Detail (TM)"
-TheMightyHeracross
dukka

Post by dukka »

an experience worse than walking through an actual garbage dump

Return to “Levels”