Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EddieMann

Re: [WIP] Gunslinger 2.0

Post by EddieMann »

I was hoping you'd put in a Winchester model m1897 trench gun, but that role's already filled. I think the mauser should be some other kind of gun, maybe a VG1-5 rifle.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Believe it or not, as a Slot 6 weapon, you could actually put in the Colt M1911, World War ONE version, as seen here: Image

At the time the M1911 was first adopted, the year 1911, U.S. Army Cavalry troops were still horseback mounted, and as a result the pistol was issued with loops on it and its magazines that lanyards could be tied around to keep the pistol and its magazines from being dropped and lost while trying to shoot from a galloping horse, and there was also an instructional manual issued with the pistol to all receiving cavalrymen that went into great depths on not only field stripping and maintenance of the gun, but also effective use of the M1911 while on horseback. One particular Western movie, the 'Wild Bunch', was set in 1920's in the very last days of the Old West, and the original, WWI-era version of the M1911 was featured predominantly.

In this mod, I believe finding a pair of M1911 Colts would be a good replacement for the Plasma Rifle. This being possibly now a 'LATE Old West' mod, .45 ACP ammo is going to be very rare, but available, with the M1911 pistol itself being an exotic weapon, next to the Gatling Gun of course.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

The M1911 just seems too modern, also I want to keep it in the 1800s. Oh, and a VG1-5 is a WWII weapon, so definitely no.
EDIT: I tried uploading it earlier but mediafire is being terrible.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

xenoxols wrote:The M1911 just seems too modern, also I want to keep it in the 1800s. Oh, and a VG1-5 is a WWII weapon, so definitely no.
Okay, gotcha. Hmm... I think probably what you could really do then to have a fast-reloading pistol would be to model the revolver after this gun:

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqLL2xuSQs [/youtube] 1858 Remington, one that's been converted to fire metallic cartridges. Look how fast this modern-made reproduction, cap & ball version, can be reloaded.

As for a possible Slot 6 weapon then, I think the best you can go then, while still keeping to the 1800's, would be here:

Image Model 1876 Winchester, pictured here above the more ubiquitous Model 1873. The Model 1876 was bigger framed all around and sold in .50 caliber for buffalo hunting. Would be a good Slot 6 weapon for fighting small groups of big monsters with.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

xenoxols wrote:The M1911 just seems too modern, also I want to keep it in the 1800s. Oh, and a VG1-5 is a WWII weapon, so definitely no.

Alright then, how about a Maxim Gun?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

A maxim gun actually seems like a really good idea.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

EddieMann wrote:

Alright then, how about a Maxim Gun?
Why didn't I think of that? YES!! A Maxim Gun! That's PERFECT as a Slot 6 replacement! They didn't appear until late 1880's, but what the heck. But yes, a Maxim Gun! LOVING the thought of using one now in DooM! x3
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Dude this mod is looking sick... Those animations! I like the fact he one hands that 1887 shotgun. The revolver sounds bad ass and the fanning animation is done really well.

Good work dude keep it up!

You should put this weapon in if you can.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

DukeWooze wrote:Dude this mod is looking sick... Those animations! I like the fact he one hands that 1887 shotgun. The revolver sounds bad ass and the fanning animation is done really well.

Good work dude keep it up!

You should put this weapon in if you can.
Sharps Rifle. Good choice. The Sharps was the preferred rifle used for decimating the Buffalo herds unfortunately, thanks to its .50-70 Government cartridge. It would likely do darn good against the demons.

But yeah, a Maxim Gun I believe would be the IDEAL slot 6 weapon for this mod, as the Maxim Gun is actually still somewhat compact by today's standards and so an enterprising gunslinger getting ahold of one in the 1890's and figuring out some sort of sling arrangement and hanging a mini-crate ammo box off the side of the gun could make it man-portable! XDD

I mean, look at this picture:

The gun physically is small enough that you could actually take it off the tripod and rig up a sling arrangement and relocated trigger to shoot it from the hip, after rigging up a wooden box to hang off the side for the ammo belts! :D

EDIT: As for a replacement for the chainsaw, in this mod, I think a very appropriate choice would be a mining pick that's been sharpened to a razor's edge on the points of it, and so has a good bit of heft behind it and dig good into knights, and cacos, etc.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Let's not forget it had almost 20 kilograms in real life. It should slow the player down.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

GAA1992 wrote:Let's not forget it had almost 20 kilograms in real life. It should slow the player down.
As if 200 pounds of equipment would slow doomguy down, I doubt 20 Kg. would mean much.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes, i know it's nitpicking way too much, but, since it'll be a good weapon, you have to pay the price, that's the way I see it.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Its nice to see my C96 and Hand Cannon rips being to put to good use.
I Will be cheking this out when I can.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

tbh Xen, i'd rather see the C96 replace the revolver because as they stand now, the perspective differs on the pistols greatly compared to the other guns
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

TiberiumSoul wrote:tbh Xen, i'd rather see the C96 replace the revolver because as they stand now, the perspective differs on the pistols greatly compared to the other guns
I'm certainly not going to not have a revolver, it's the central weapon of the mod. I do have a different sprite I a planning to use though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”