Can't set vid to 320x200 under win2k

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

If all else fails I'll buy her a modern video card.
What card does she have now? Also try temporarilly turning off programs that load on startup(everything in the systray), including IM clients and virus scanners.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Lexus Alyus wrote:That's a good idea for a map in general, or how about no monsters... simply, no monsters in a single player map, turn it into more of a first person adventure (FPA anyone?). No, honestly, that's a good idea :-).
Ahem.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Ultraviolet wrote:You should make a dark, atmospheric set of maps for ...
Probably playing Hexen's MAP01 and the first hub?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Lexus Alyus wrote:You play Doom co-op with your wife? That's so cute!
Yeah, and she's usually the one that suggests we play.

She's got a real "banzai" style, blasting into rooms with guns blazing... A really cool chick.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Chris wrote:
If all else fails I'll buy her a modern video card.
What card does she have now? Also try temporarilly turning off programs that load on startup(everything in the systray), including IM clients and virus scanners.
She's got an old IBM PC with a 1mb S3 Trio card built into the board.
Don't laugh; it worked great under win95.

I assume I can slap another vid card in there. If not, I can salvage another PC from my closet but I'll have to back up her bookmarks, etc. She's pretty touchy about that kind of thing.

I'll try the "clean boot" thing and see what happens.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

fratermus wrote:She's got an old IBM PC with a 1mb S3 Trio card built into the board.
Don't laugh; it worked great under win95.

I assume I can slap another vid card in there.
You'll need to find the jumper on the motherboard that disables the onboard video. You should be able to find that info in the manual or online somewhere. You'll also need to ensure that she has the proper expansion slot for installing the new video cards. Most new cards need an AGP slot, but there are some still floating around that work with PCI, too.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I ended up just giving her another win2k box where zdoom runs normally.

I'm going to chalk it up to a disagreement between win2k and the built-in vid card on the old box.

Thanks for everybody's input!

Return to “General”